Where's the best place to commission artists for making spritesheets and other assets?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by ForestLogic, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ForestLogic

ForestLogic Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm thick into development onto the first project I'm making from the ground up with original assets. The issue obviously is that making everything yourself takes a TON of time. I'm currently juggling back and forth between drawing sprites, writing music, drawing maps, storyboarding/writing dialogue, animating sprites/battlers, drawing monsters, etc...
    Generally, I have no problem designing things at a base level (i.e. making the non-animated, front-face of a sprite). But the tedious/time-consuming nature of things like animating sprites and making multiple directions for them is just too much for me to keep juggling.

Because of that, I'm reaching the point where I'm fine with creating the design for sprites especially, and really just want to pay people to actually animate it and create a spritesheet for me. Anyone have any suggestions for good places to commission artists to help out with some of this stuff?

2. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In this forum we have a classifieds section. But it is visible only from veteran status (30 posts verified by the mods to be meaningful).

3. matthias1

matthias1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Show me your art style and I can let you know if I can replicate it. I prefer doing semi-realistic looking anime, as opposed to chibi. Here are some samples of what I've done.
    spr_A_climb_strip14.png spr_A_jump_strip5.png spr_A_run_jump_strip5.png spr_A_run_strip8.png

HERO-Jessica-Poses.png ORIGINAL-RAT.png Special---Male.png

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @matthias1 Commercial discussion, as the title implies, is for discussion, not for asking for commissions. I assume from the fact that you put this in the Commercial section that you are looking for paid commissions . These belong in the Classified section, which you can't access until you have 30 meaningful posts.

5. ForestLogic

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh yeah? Good to know. Is it an automated thing? Or do I need to like, apply for it. I'm up to 22 posts now, but I'm not sure what qualifies as a "meaningful" post.

6. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's an automated thing. Mods verify that your posts are meaningful (in other words you're not spamming "asdf" to hunt 30 posts, you're not a spambot and things like that) and if they are, you'll get veteran status. I was just around and one day I became a veteran :D

7. ForestLogic

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, cool! Alright if that's the case I should hit that in the next week or so I guess. Sorry about making this thread, had no idea, lol. Where's it located, when I do hit Veteran status anyway? Is it located in the Games In Development board?

Thanks for the help!

8. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    You hit veteran status when you get 30 posts (it might take a day or so for the forum to "update" you). The Classifieds section will appear right under this forum.

9. ForestLogic

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome, thanks for everyone's help. I appreciate it.