Zephro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As you probably know, RPG Maker MV comes with included audio of 2 types: OGG and M4A. A copy of each type for each audio file. Naturally I want to make my project size the smallest possible, and 2 of every audio file seems unnecessary. I want my project to be played on both PC and any device, HTML5 I can do without.

M4A doesn't seem to show up in the editor, but it's necessary for cross-platform.

So I have to use both and just deal with the extra size?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When you export a project for the desktop clients, I've heard MV does actually only take the ogg files so that it doesn't have two copies of each file. For mobile exports, it'll take the m4a. I haven't tested this myself, but it would make sense that this is how it works. So I'd say use both for the project if you intend to export to mobile as well.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want it for any device you need both formats. But only the audio files needed on the target platform will be used in the depolyment package.

Zephro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That makes sense thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ransen