Which Genre of Music Helps You During Development?

OgreKiddo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me its either Synthwave, Chillwave, Shoegaze, especially anything Metal.

Which Genre gets you through development/production or anything creative?

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Electro Swing is always something I can count on to boost my productivity.
Other than that, battle/intense OST from games and anime helps too

Nekohime1989

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lot's of stuff. I mostly listen to instrumental music helps with inspiration.

Owltears

Working on Honey Moon, about 20% done
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hm...for me its a tie between Top Ten X lists, and rock or metal. I like making cuts scenes with villains listening to Metallica or a song with heavy drums/ electric beats.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like quite a lot of music, as I'm sure most people do! Depending on the exact activity I'll listen to classical, various regional folk and traditional, jazz, metal, rock, electronic. I like a ton of other genres for just listening but those are the ones I tend to work to. Of course, making music is my main squeeze so I sorta can't listen to anything when that's going down.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Generally speaking, anything "intense". I want music that pushes my body and mind. I used to listen to Nightcore, but recently have stopped (lyrics often throw me off). I've mostly been into silly youtube remixes like Ran Ran Ruu and final boss compilations. I've always used video game osts throughout my life.

I can't think of the last time I listened to... "normal" music consistently, for lack of a better word. I know at some point I had the discography of System of a Down on my music device.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Either listen to my own music resource collection (I have a bunch).
Or just listen to general anime OP/ED, usually the off vocal version because it also usually sounds better with the vocal off.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I typically have bit-tunes or chip-tunes playing. Mainly I listen to stuff like Starbomb or NSP while I am working on projects.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Art, Literature and Music is where people can showcase what they are doing.

[move]General Discussion[/move]

Diarist

Small and bitter.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like to listen to the music I'd wanna use for what I'm working on, if that makes any sense?

Small example: Like, when drawing a character, I have what I intend to be their boss theme playing in the background as I draw em. Helps me really get into it. I can listen to the same thing on repeat for hours so this doesn't bother me, though sometimes I will switch it up.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Geoff Moore No troubles, I really like feeling in other lands and stuff ^^ It help concentration and not thinking about IRL troubles I have when I need all my creativity. I think your own creativity is contagious. But it is nothing I wish to be healed from.

Torisu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find it really hard to listen to music with vocals, I'm usually listening to dramatic epic orchestral pieces, or perhaps piano depending on my mood. If I'm not listening to music I'll have a show playing in the background while working away.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like @Ms Littlefish I like to listen to a large variety of music within a wide range of genres depending on what I am doing, what mood I am in and what mood I want to convey at that point of my project, etc.

DJK1NG_Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
JRPG -
Xenoblade 2
Octopath Traveler
FFIV-X & XIII
Ys VIII
The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 1-2

These are the music I listen to during my game development and I often or almost always listen to songs that best fit whatever I am working on or part of story I am at to set the mood. So when I am creating a boss battle I play some boss music to get fired up.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It all depends, really!! I listen to all sorts of music, so any genre can help me for a particular scene or idea, whether it's Kpop, rock, electronic, soundtrack, etc. I never listen to anything whilst developing, I usually listen to music to help me think and brainstorm and imagine before I get to work~

SpaceBot

Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like such a wide variety... hmmm, kpop, electroswing, electronic, rock/metal, punk rock - to help productivity. If I'm doing any code I prefer something a bit more chill like purity ring, blackmill, or similar, or music that I can sing along with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998