Which Graphic Packs (DLC) "fits" together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aozgolo

Perfidious Penny Pinching Pollywog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll be the first to admit my art skills while not TERRIBLE are a bit underwhelming, so I have no issues buying several of the LOVELY Graphic Packs for RPGMaker, and have even already bought some (Futuristic and Modern), but one thing I keep wondering is if anyone can suggest how well the different graphic packs compliment one another? Obviously some are pixel art, some are pre-rendered, some are chibi, some are realistic, and so obviously they don't go together, but I've noticed several have similar styles, but it's kinda hard to say how well they might fit without actually using them together.

So I came here in the hopes of getting some feedback from others who may have purchased these packs on which ones they think are really good for "mix and match"

Mostly from an artistic style perspective, I understand Futuristic and Fantasy are different settings but you never know if someone is making something like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy that mixes or blends multiple settings (which is why I am interested in multiple packs to begin with!)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't really sure where it should be posted at.

aozgolo

Perfidious Penny Pinching Pollywog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the quick and informative reply, it certainly helps!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll tell you about just the new packs then. :)

Rural Farm Tiles Resource Pack: Unique style, doesn't match anything else yet.

Wild West Tiles Pack: Meant to match Ace's RTP.

Tyler Warren RPG Battlers: Unique for battlers, meant to mesh well with the any of the RTP battle backs.

Fantasy Hero Character Pack: The sprites are Ace RTP style, everything else is flexible.

Zombie Survival Graphic Pack: The tiles are made to match the Modern Day tiles and should go well with Ace's RTP but it has it's own style for sprites.

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Futuristic and Modern were also made in the style of the RTP, if I'm not mistaken. Plus they work fairly well together as well.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Making a pinned topic about it now :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap