Singingbun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, terribly new here. I'll go straight to the point: I wanted to know which engine is better suited for tactical battle systems like fire emblem, Xcom or advance wars-esque. I have MV and VXA, but I'm seeing MZ plugins being made for said feature.

At the moment, I'm still new to game making and have been using MV for a few months now (I've stopped using VXA). I have yet to properly know how to code, so I've been slowly getting my hands on code-related plugins. Currently, I've been thinking about a game where the battle system works like this:
My characters are attune to attributes of Light or Darkness, so when they are under "lit" tile zones, they are able to regenerate or have conditional status changes. When they are in shadow zones, they aren't able to regenerate, but their accuracy is lowered or something of the like. Enemy units are similar as well, but I haven't put much thought on their conditions at the moment.

The game itself will be divided into night and day battle conditions and scenarios.

I realise this is an overly ambitious idea and I'm getting ahead of myself, considering that I've never done a cent of coding before. But I would like to at least try and see where it is all possible.

Any thoughts?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moved to Game Dev General Discussion.

There's not a big technical difference (regarding what you're describing) between XP, VX, Ace, MV, and MZ, so it comes down to which ones have the best Tactical Battle System plugins already available. I couldn't give you the correct answer on that, but I think I've heard good stuff about Lecode's TBS, and I think that's on MV? Hopefully others can offer you more clarity.

Singingbun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moved to Game Dev General Discussion.

There's not a big technical difference (regarding what you're describing) between XP, VX, Ace, MV, and MZ, so it comes down to which ones have the best Tactical Battle System plugins already available. I couldn't give you the correct answer on that, but I think I've heard good stuff about Lecode's TBS, and I think that's on MV? Hopefully others can offer you more clarity.
@Wavelength thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

eris2.png
just 1 more then I'm done with these sheets *tears of joy*
Im free today . finally have some time to continue coding . yes!
Regret that I wasn't able to actually finish my igmc entry in time for the actual igmc. Will probably just offload it as a standalone thing.
I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuylar