Which Smartphone is best for gaming? why ?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by aksersn, Aug 22, 2018.

1. aksersn

aksersn Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Which smartphone is best for gaming ? why ? iPhone or Android (Samsung) or other phones .

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First, that question is like "which computer is best for gaming" - which has no answer because each computer is different.
    Second, even in your question you're mixing up things that have nothing to do with each other...

There are two operating systems for smartphones - iOS and Android.
    iOS is used by Apple and iPhones, Android is used by everyone else (that is NOT limited to or associated withg Samsung).

And to give an answer - it depends on what you want to do with the device.
    If you're interested in gaming and gaming only, the best device would be the one with the biggest display (10") - but those are almost unusable as smartphones even if they're fully functional smartphones, because they're too big to carry around in a pocket or regular bag.

If you're specifically interested in RPG-Maker gaming on mobile, especially your own games, then android is your only cheap option - because you'll need a Mac-Computer in addition to an iPhone to transfer your own games from MV to iOS. With android you can use a Windows computer for the same functions.

Frogboy likes this.
  3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That... also depends on what kind of games you want to play. A simple idle clicker game doesn't matter whether if you use any kind of phone as long as it's not just too old.

But to give you an answer, one of the method to test mobile phone capability is to run rhythm games where you need to tap simultaneously on screen and the timing delay. I heard iOS often has better response on screen tap than most of android devices. Granted, I heard this around two years ago, things might get different today, but I don't know.

Frogboy likes this.
  4. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As Andar stated, you didn't give us much in the way of details so I'm going to make the assumption that you're looking for the best phone for mobile gaming without any specific needs in mind. At this time and date, I'd say that the Razer phone is your best bet. It's designed and marketed for this purpose. Has a great screen, specs and battery life.

Razer Phone - 120 Hz Ultra Motion Display - 64GB Memory - 8GB RAM - Dual Camera - Dual Front-Facing Speakers - Gaming Phone - Black

5. aksersn

aksersn Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry ,i am late ,
    Thanks for your info ,
    1: Because I use samsung now, I usually play games on it, but recently it's been running very slowly,but when I opened my camera, it paused for 6-8 seconds,the same to WhatsApp .
    2: What i want ,it's best to carry around in my pocket.
    And i am interested in what you are saying about RPG-Maker game.

6. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    No idea about "the best", but I find lenovo quite good in relation to its price - meaning, for the same price you get much more than if you'd get a Samsung etc.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    does that happen with every game and app or only with new ones?
    if it happens with new apps that might be a case of too old technology, but most likely that simply means too many rresources are blocked.
    are you always stopping your apps after playing them or are you switching them into the background? Because unless you fully stop them they still use up your phones resources. If you hit the button for switching apps and it lists more than one or two, you should cancel those others you don't use at the moment.

8. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralphâ„¢ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Razer Phone or the Xiaomi Black Shark or the Asus ROG Phone, all 3 are excellent choices for mobile gaming and very powerful (they're literally gaming phones) but are you really sure you want to go towards this route?
    Mobile games are mostly free-to-play crap with in-app purchases and the only few "good" pc or console ports are actually annoying to play on such a small screen with the touch and tap.

9. xanksfe

xanksfe Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Samsung .it's not the most expensive phone or the cheapest phone ,If you want to use it as a game phone, I suggest you install a data manager --- which can manage Android data just like this one .

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  10. joombo

joombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I prefer the iOS and use iphone 6s. I subscribed to Pond Mobile operator for unlimited international calling. It also provides unlimited Internet, so now I can play games online anywhere. Very convy.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  11. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Galaxy Notes are great for gaming on Android. I have a Note 8 and the performance to battery life ratio is quite good.

12. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been using the Google Pixel 2 and it has yet to show any slowdown on any of the games I play (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Final Fantasy Record Keeper). I will say that it's almost too fast for the former, but that's due to the game's gimmicky move chaining system, where it's easier to get moves to fire off at the same frame if the hardware is slow.

13. gomes766

gomes766 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I use Samsung Galaxy S9 for a few months and have no complaints at all. I like to play games on it and often call abroad ( I check the area code here and enter numbers manually ). This phone covers all my needs. Besides it's cheaper than iPhone.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018