Which version of RPG Maker MV should I start with?

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been using vx ace for quite a while now, but I think it's finally time for me to make the change, but which version of RMMV should I start with? I know that MV have received a lot of update, and usually not all version will be compatible with some plugin. So should I go with the latest version or use an older version, and in that case, which one should I use?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

They are all very similar, so it's not completely different versions. There are many updates, and each improve the engine, the game, and fix bugs. If you're starting a completely new project, always pick the latest update, meaning version 1.6.1 or 1.6.2. Most plugins still work on the latest update, especially those made by big coders like Yanfly.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Go with the latest - 1.6.2.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, I also recommend to go with the latest.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MushroomCake28 Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I will be more careful next time!
Thank you all for the advice, I will go with the latest version!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyN19