Which video game world would you live in?

TheAccrue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Simple question.  If you could live in a video game world which one would it be?  And I don't mean living there as the badass main character or anything.  I mean the real you just plopped into that world to live the rest of your life.

For me it's really a tie that I have not yet been able to break.  Between Pokemon, a popular choice I'm sure, and Spira from FInal Fantasy X.  Sin or not, that is a beautiful world that I would enjoy exploring.  And of course since there doesn't seem to be any limits on who can do it, learn me some magic!

Super Galaxy Convoy

Supreme Commander
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
So many choices

Let's see:

Wild ARMs

ar Tonelico

Sky Gunner

Luminous Arc

Ys

Golden Sun

Rogue Galaxy

Bujingai

Chaos Legion

Crimson Seas

Dark Parables

Xenosaga

Endless Frontier

Valkyria Chronicles

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hyrule.  The inherent magic and luster of the land is just too good to pass up.

Nathan Frost

... only the world's greatest Secret Agent.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Chrono Cross. Because I've always loved the atmospheric details that game brought with each area.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Easily Pokémon. What's not to like about that world? Well, other than that certain regions get terrorised by crazy evil teams that get stopped single-handedly by a 10-year old kid on a yearly basis...

I can't really think of any other game world that would have as much excitement and adventure while still being very safe, friendly and happy than Pokémon's.

TheAccrue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That depends on the power blackliquidsorrow. For example if you chose Warcraft, it seems in that world anybody can pick up the practice of magic, so you would also be able to.

If on the other hand you chose infamous, you are likely not going to have any powers because you don't have a conduit gene that can be unlocked and you are not going to get one just by entering that world.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Pokemon, taking the bad guys out of the picture... it's a fairly safe fantasy world to live in.

Of course, I don't know how the universe stays alive with so many legendary pokemon bent on destroying it. (Let's see, there's Mewtwo, Deoxys, Giratina, Hoopa, and probably several more.)

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Kingdom of Amalur : Reckoning

I like fantasy

Or maybe Skyrim

Valkyria Chonicles is also a good choice. I would like to see Alicia using my own eyes <3

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been thinking on this one and still don't have an answer. While I love RPG's, for the most part, if you step outside your door you're likely to be devoured by any number of monsters, haha. Pokemon seems the safest, but I think I will brainstorm some more before I decide. 

Hyrule would be fun, though!

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Either Ar Tonelico's world, because the monius wouldn't mind getting inside some of those ladies, hehe. BD

OR maybe the Pokémon universe, wouldn't mind starting my own evil organization only to be humiliated by a 10 year old and give away large dozens of cash. :D :rock-left:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Hmmm... Maybe Spira or Skyrim would be nice, maybe leaning towards Spira... They seem to be nice places for the common folk. or maybe the worlds of Kingdom Hearts, it might be nice to live with the disney and square enix characters

starlord

Lead (Emma)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kingdom Hearts.. Definitely gonna kill some heartless.. ;)

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV

On the islands of Monkey Island.

Caribbean, pirates, grog, good humour and interesting characters, nonsense, beautiful sea and landscapes.

Also on Mêlée Island (in the screenshot) it's always night even when a lot of hours pass, this means that time froze there and I would like to live in an eternal night, without sleeping, hunger or thirst.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oooh Dalph, that Monkey Island sounds like my kind of place! Count me in!

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever game world I would live in, it better have--

• indoor plumbing
  • coffee
  • internet 
So many game worlds have despair, monsters, and world chaos; so even though I love those games I don't think I'd want to live there.

I think I'd have to echo the words of others and go for Poke'mon. I think it meets my requirements for the technology I require but is also beautiful to explore and full of culture. And duh, Poke'mon! There are antagonistic going-ons but it's a bunch of bumbling idiots that would be easy to thwart with my companions.

Balrogic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Star Ocean, citizen of the Pangalactic Federation. Because Star Ocean is just that cool. Or maybe not a Federation member... Yeah, I know. I'd be a Klausian. I don't need no low-tech Fantasy for the setting, either. I'd just land my ship on some undeveloped planet somewhere if I felt the need for it. :p

I'd be one of those 4D beings but it doesn't seem terribly ethical to log in to sentient life-forms in simulated universes and play them like an MMO character.
That's an actual plot spoiler about the series, pretty big one. Don't click it unless you want to be spoiled.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Pokemon is the top of the list for me. There's superpowered animals, high speed internet and flushing toilets, with a minimum of evil overlords and demonic hordes.

Second spot would be a tie between Golden Sun and Zelda.

The world of Professor Layton is pretty cool, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela