Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A

By: Team Starry Horizons (@BerryB and Starmage)

Whimsical Misadventures of Cinderella is Team Starry Horizon's submission to the RMN Twisted Fairytale event. The game will involve heavy JRPG elements mixed with some subtle dark/adult subject matter and religious themes. We hope that you are ready for such content. Until then, enjoy! ^_^

Once Upon a time, on the faraway city of Detroit, there lived a sweet girl named Cinderella. She was turning 18, and her friends invited her to a party at the city's most exquisite Pantheon Club; hoping to finally open the doors of partying and smashing to Cindy. But during the party, with reasons unknown; Cindy suddenly got pulled into a new magical world. This world is called Jamelot, where mushrooms are big and animals can talk. Along the way, Cindy makes new animal friends that can help her solve the mysteries of Jamelot. Will Cindy ever find her way back home to Detroit?

Cinderella
Zodiac: Gemini
Description: Cinderella is a very naive and sweet young girl who's also very gullible. She lives with her Step Mother and Step Sisters who are all very kind to her. Cinderella's friends (Particularly; Jaqie) nicknamed her "Cinderelli".

Jaqie
Zodiac: Cancer
Description: Jaqie is a very rich young man who makes a living through illegal means. He is very calculating, manipulative, charming and dangerous. He is one of Cinderella's friends since elementary school.

Gustav
Zodiac: Taurus
Description: Gustav is the son of a rich con-artist couple. He has lived his whole life knowing nothing about decision making and standing for what you believe in. In short, he's kinda dumb. Gustav follows Jaqie's footsteps wherever he goes, believing that only Jaqie knows what's good for him. He is one of Cinderella's friends since elementary school.

Marylu
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Description: Marylu is a hot-headed sociopath who has a thing for seeing bloodshed all around her. She likes to get drunk all the time and she has a very adventurous spirit. She is one of Cinderella's friends since elementary school.

Blooey
Zodiac: Virgo
Description: Blooey is a hopeless romantic who's stuck with his head high on the clouds. He loves chilling and believes in one love, unity, and peace. He is one of Cinderella's friends since elementary school.

Kit
Zodiac: Aquarius
Description: Kit is a very hardworking and goal-oriented young man. He cares deeply for his loved ones and friends. He is very understanding. Kit is Cinderella's boyfriend.

Anastasia
Zodiac: Scorpio
Description: Anastasia is one of Cinderella's step-sisters. She is very logical yet her emotions run deep. Anastasia is very focused on education and is very passionate towards learning new things and discovering the unknown.

Fairy God "Mother"
Zodiac: ???
Description: An otherworldly anomaly that helps Cinderella during her darkest times. The God Mother is an enigma that travels the ethereal planes between life and death.

Features:

- 3-4 hours of gameplay
- Colorful cast of characters
- Engaging and fun turn-based strategy battles with a special stack system that affects your skills' abilites.
- A stat distribution system that allows you to customize your party members' stats.
- Playable characters that offers their own unique traits in battles
- An Unlockable mode that offers new story content with fun boss battles along with multiple endings
- Very intriguing yet simple storyline that will leave you curious and engaged.
- Mesmerizing fairy-tale/Coloring book styled game aesthetics.
- Enjoy BerryB/BerryRMN's beautiful artworks from enemy sprites to facesets to CGs.

Whimsical Misadventures of Cinderella GOODIES:

- Toasty/RPGtime's First Impression Stream for the game:

- @HawkZombie 's 3 part stream for the entire game (version 1.0):

Credits:

Mostly everything: Degica Co., LTD

Graphics:

- BerryB
- Sherman 3D
- Jgreene
- SkottyTV
- whtdragon
- Loose Leaf
- PandaMaru
- McSunday
- GrandmaDeb
- Kattriella
- hian
- Creative Ed
- kokororeflections
- Moghunter
- Michael Galefire

Music:

- Murray Atkinson
- Joel Steudler
- Gyrowolf
- kwahmah_02
- oceanictrancer
- Bitter Sweet Entertainment, Inc.
- Wingless Seraph/YouFulca : https://wingless-seraph.net/en/material-music.html
- Kevin Macleod

Plugins:

- Yanfly
- Hime
- Moghunter
- Galv
- SumRndmDde
- Shaz

Hope you all enjoy! ^_^

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yay! Thanks so much for accepting the game thread! ^_^ :)

Anyway, this game is an RMN Twisted Fairytale event entry that @BerryB and I worked on from Oct. 5th to Oct. 29! ^_^ :) Hope you guys enjoy the game as we did making it! :D ^_^

eluukkanen

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very fairy-tale feel within the artwork and the game! Alice in Wonderland comes to mind when looking at screenshots.

*Hmm, carnival of imagination is one title option. I wonder what that does

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @eluukkanen ! Thanks so much for checking out the game, and I'm glad you like the artworks! ^_^ :) Btw, that Carnival of Imagination option is an extra content that you can unlock once the main story is finished ;) XD

chantz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
franch
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just took a look at the game, and I liked it a lot, I will download it to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @chantz ! Thank you so much for checking out the game! ^_^ :) Hope you're enjoying it! :D

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi everyone! Here is a stream that our good friend Toasty/RPGtime made for our game!! ^_^ :) Hope you enjoy! ANd do check out his channel, or join his discord server as seen on the video description! ;)

bulmabriefs144

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Oh hey, Starmage! I'm here right now on account of getting booted from rpgmaker.net

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bulmabriefs144 - Hi Bulma! It's great to see you here! ^_^ Oh my! booted? :o I'm so sorry for whatever may have happened, Bulma >.< But don't worry, things will get better, always. ^_^

@melancholy-sama - Hi Melancholy! Thank you so much for your kind words! :D I'm so happy you liked the game and battle characters! <3 It's mostly thanks to Berry for making these sweet character arts/CGs <3

bulmabriefs144

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Yeah, I was basically calling people out for being "sorry for your loss" generic sympathies for Muffle losing her house. And I was like "do something to help her already" and got accused of being insensitive. But the truth was I was already supposed to be banned for that voting thread, and it didn't take, so that thread called attention to that I was still on. Then I was supposed to be banned from the Discord server, but that somehow didn't take either. I told Liberty flatly after the ban, "you need to fix your forum."

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my! That is quite an intense happening @bulmabriefs144 ! :o What happened to Muffle was so sad indeed :( I guess everyone was just very sad for Muffle and are confused with how to handle it, since losing an entire home and family of pets is a very hard thing indeed. :( X( Maybe it was just misunderstandings on both your sides, Bulma. :) I know you had all good intent, and they may also had good intent. Just that, the very sad/confusing moment that Muffle suffered has made it hard for everyone to have a clear mind that time...

I hope in time, you guys get to patch up again soon. ^_^

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi everyone!! I just wish to share with you all @HawkZombie 's fun-filled stream of our game!! ^_^ :) It's 3 parts in total! Oh! And do subscribe to his channel and join his discord server (link the video descriptions) for more awesome RPG maker streams!! ^_^ XD :D

Enjoy!!! :D ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...
So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkieTsuki-02