Mikemuk01

Black Mike
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a tileset in which the background to some tiles shows as transparent in Photoshop but which shows as solid white when I use it in VX Ace. This makes the tiles unusable. How can I make the background show as transparent?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are several possible things that could have happened.

Is the effect on every tileset (then there is an error in the script editor) or is it only on that specific tilesheet image?

If it is on the image only, white can happen if you edit a png in microsoft pain because ms paint destroys transparency when saving png. In that case you'll have to use photoshop to repair the image.

if the image is still transparent in photoshop but turns white inside Ace only, then either the wrong image is selected or you made a wrong color selection when importing and accidentally setting a replacement transparency color wrong.
In that case try saving the image under a different name and reimporting it with the different name.

If all that doesn't help, we need more info like the image itself attached to check it, and a screenshot of the resouce manager with the image selected.

Mikemuk01

Black Mike
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply Andar. Your suggestion to rename the file has solved the problem

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not really solved - the wrong setting is still there under its original name.
but to find out what exactly went wrong and solve it takes a lot longer than renaming...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx