Castspeller

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

I am sorry if this post is posted in the wrong place.

I just installed RPG Maker MV v1.6.2 in a separate location from a prior version of RPG Maker MV v1.3.3. Upon startup of RPG Maker MV v1.6.2 I have a white screen after the splash logo. Upon searching the forums I found a post about updating video drivers and something about having spaces in the path. This does not help me as I use Hyper-V on Windows 10 for my gaming development. Also, I am not sure where the person was going with the path comment, by default RPGMV installs to "C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPGMV\" and this has spaces.

I did find that using a trial version of vmware fixed the issue - I believe this is due to vmware supporting OpenGL 3, but I do not want to purchase software that I do not need :wink: When Googling for an answer I found someone had a similar issue on the Steam forums and they had compiled an OpenGL32.dll. The user included a link to the file for download, but I do not trust software like this. Upon examining RPG Maker MV v1.3.3 I found there was an included OpenGL32.dll in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\RPGMV\" folder, but would it be compatible RPG Maker MV v1.6.2? I did some investigation and found that the properties for the QT5Core.dll, for both versions, are using v5.4.2.0 - this is looked promising. I copied OpenGL32.dll from my RPG Maker MV v1.3.3 RPGMV folder to the RPG Maker MV v1.6.2 RPGMV folder and ran the application for RPG Maker MV v1.6.2 - what do you know white screen of death is gone :biggrin: and RPG Maker MV v1.6.2 works as expected.

I have attached two images showing the white screen of death and after adding OpenGL32.dll. Hopefully this helps others with this issue.

EDIT: I purchased Gene Scene Builder from rpgmakerweb.com and had the exact same issue this evening. I tried the fix and put the OpenGL32.dll in the installation folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\KADOKAWA\SceneBuilder" and now it works :smile:

Lastly for the moderators - I have not been on the forums for awhile **cough 3 years** Does a forum user "expire" after a period of inactivity? I usually search and hardly ever login, this is why I am posting as a new user.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this is probably best over in 'Tech Support - All Makers'.
As for registrations expiring - no, they never do. However, we do not permit multiple accounts, so if you would pm me the name of the other account, I will remove it, and leave you with just this new one.

[mod]Moving this.[/mod]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just want to say that I hope everyone is having a good day! If not, have a basket of kittens to make your day a little better. :LZSproud:

Made some HIME grids.

Crazy idea: lawnmower/weed whackers as a weapon type.

Specifically the ones that are spinning axes on sticks.
The only part of the advent calendar that is missing is the content for christmas. And I am clueless af xD
Based on music resources around the internet, what is the musical theme or style that's hard to find? Is it sci-fi, slice of life, urban, platformer, or anything else? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jipral