Stylish_Boi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today when I worked on my game, I wanted to test it out so I loaded it and I was greeted by a white screen. I tried waiting for a while but nothing happened, not even the RPG Maker MV logo popped up.Capture d’écran (268).png
I tried loading other game projects I've made and they worked correctly so it's weird.

Right before this issue, I had the 'actor.json' problem but I fixed it by replacing the files. Maybe it's related to that but I'm not sure.

Anyways, what am I supposed to do? Thanks in advance for the answers :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right before this issue, I had the 'actor.json' problem but I fixed it by replacing the files.
that means something destroyed or deleted your files.
whenever that happens you should find out why they were deleted, because simply replacing them without solving the cause means that they can be deleted again at any time.

did the playtest function at any time between the deletion and the whitescreen?
if yes, things have nothing to do with each other.
if no, then you cannot claim that you fixed the problem as the whitescreen is most likely caused by one file still missing or being damaged.

Stylish_Boi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that means something destroyed or deleted your files.
whenever that happens you should find out why they were deleted, because simply replacing them without solving the cause means that they can be deleted again at any time.

did the playtest function at any time between the deletion and the whitescreen?
if yes, things have nothing to do with each other.
if no, then you cannot claim that you fixed the problem as the whitescreen is most likely caused by one file still missing or being damaged.
The playtest didn't function between the deletion and the white screen so I guess the problem is still related to the files.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the source of the replacement files?
if it was a backup, how old was that backup, and does the backup itself still functions?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042