RMMV Who do you think will make the IGMC top 10?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone in another thread was quite surprised that this question hasn't been raised yet so what the heck? Who do you think will make it in the top 10 for the IGMC competition? I can't say I've played all of the entries (who can really) but my money is on Moop, Quidget the Wonder Weiner, Dear Edwin and Dungeon Down. Those seem to be getting the most buzz as far as I can tell. Starfall and Once upon a Child (or was it Star Child) seem to have gotten a lot of praise as well. I'm sure there are others that have slipped my mind too. All I can be really certain of is that my game likely didn't make the cut. So yeah, what do you think? Name some of your top 10 here. At worst, it gives me and others some games to check out that we might have overlooked.

P. S. Why do I have to select a prefix?
P.S.S. The games I listed aren't necessarily my picks, just ones that have gotten a lot of attention. The judges have a much different set of criteria to follow so don't be surprised to see some hidden gems make it if they actually do release a top 10.

Last edited:

phamtruong1992

Mage Art - Green Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no ideas but here hoping you guys all doing great. I might be joining this event next year hopefully. Because it seems like fun.

luizcubas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's very hard to enumerate a top 10, but I would bet my money with this ones:
-Moop
-Dear Edwin
-A Conga's Tale

pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I bet my gold with:
Paletta

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moop, Quidget, Dear Edwin

Lots of great games though and very interesting concepts. Most of the entries had a lot of love put in to them. I thought for sure I was going to have a really solid entry and started playing some games and was like, "nope I am not going to win," but I am proud of my entry and everything I was able to accomplish as a solo developer with a very limited amount of time.

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a game and you should feel extremely proud of what you accomplished, making a game isn't easy.

The real winner is itch.io, I'm sure their site traffic increased a ton after this jam. I went looking through their upcoming jams to find another one to enter and none of them have the turn out like IGMC2017.

Edit to add it's remarkable to see what everyone was able to do with the engine, not just RPGs but platformers, visual novels, puzzles etc.

Last edited:

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My guess on the top 9 in no particular order::popcorn:
-Final winter;
-Recondite-the phantasm emporium;
-Chatarsis;
-Journey to the east;
-The rosewood masquerade;
-Life´s Forfeit;
-Knight´s of Gaia;
-Palette;
-The golden pearl;

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to check out Palette.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Geez finally! :D.

I should check out final winter I guess....

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ask and you shall receive. ;)

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i am hoping to see "The Last Boy On Earth" in the top 10.

motta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I''m betting on Light In The Dark by @Skyforger007, it has such a nice ambiance and is very polished. I may be wrong because it's the kind of game which really pleases me, tho.

Last edited:

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My guesses would be:
- Moop by Geoff Moore
- Quidget the Wonderweiner by Dezue & OniGiri
- Yomotsu by Kyuukon
- Palette by Petal & Pupu

I agree with OnslaughtSupply, everyone who completed a game for this contest should be proud of themselves, since game-making isn't easy and requires a lot of dedication. Regardless of how good or bad the end result was, and how much good or harsh criticism anyone received, everyone is a winner, because we all learned a lot from this experience and will continue to improve.

Just a shout-out to everyone who participated in the IGMC 2017: Don't let the lack of attention dishearten you, or harsh words get to you. You created something and completed it in one form or another, and that's something to be really proud of! :kaopride:

Good luck to everyone, I'm sure you're all anxiously awaiting the final result. :kaojoy:

scitydreamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd be surprised if Moop and Paletta didn't get top 10; rooting for them to get into the top 3!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I haven't finished playing all the games I want to, but here are some of my guesses already:
- Einherjar
- Dear Edwin
(- Paletta if by some miracle it isn't DQ'ed for not including the RTP)
- Once Upon A Spirit

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "not including the RTP"? The game wont run without the RTP and I'm assuming that the game runs if everyone likes it so much.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rules include games must run solo. If they dont its a DQ. maybe the pople that liked it DID have the rtp so they didnt notice.

Lucy Fox

Chosen Undead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I bet on MOOP and Star Child and maybe also Quidget. They are super well executed in story, progress, graphics, characters and gameplay.
Personally I wish for Midnight Train to nowhere to win something. But it's probably way too short for most people to notice it...
Light in the dark was also a nice experience.
Not sure about the rest... I'm not a big fan of most other popular games. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well if you're going to create a JRPG, learn from the best. DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition purchased ^-^
Oh man I was so stressed to launch my android demo It looks like it turned out fine when testing with play testers dayum its such a good feel :kaoangry:
I think I've seen 4-5 covers for Toss a Coin to Your Witcher by now.
Year of the Rat. Plague in China. Hmmm...
is it just me or have posts gotten way more boring ever sense the forum updated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickBadguy11