Who here wears or likes makeup?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Reapergurl, Jan 14, 2017.

?

If you wear it or like it, what is your favorite lipstick, lip paint, or lipgloss hue?

1. Earthy or Neutral tones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reds

100.0%
  3. Pinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Purples

100.0%
  5. Oddities (blue, green, black, white, silver, etcetera

50.0%
  6. I prefer stuff like Chapstick (it's cool by me!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Reapergurl

Reapergurl Drummer Extraordinaire! xD Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    So, yeah. It is just something I am curious about, and no worries, boys, transgirls, whomever. Feel no shame, because I invite you to a safe place to discuss how you feel about wearing makeup, if you like it, etcetera.

As for me, it was once a must if I wanted to go out anywhere; I am a transgendered woman and for some time, I definitely felt that I needed it to pass.

However, I've always loved makeup, but over time, I've definitely gotten more artistic with it (as of this post I have flower petals painted on my cheeks, and they're as blue as my lips are).

I tend to like artistic makeup, rather than just facial canvas art, so I tend to focus on cosplay style makeup when I'm not going to be doing much, and sticking to the closer to normal style when I have to go to the store, etcetera. If I go out on a date (it's been a while), I'll go artsy, but not too much.

I also do my nails this way; I'll never get acrylic nails because of what I have to do every day (I cannot risk breaking them off and having a nasty injury), but I do paint them with oddball artsy patterns.

Well, girls, ladies, boys, everyone, tell me what you think! Come on! All are welcome, no exclusions. Kisses!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
    kaukusaki and Dreadshadow like this.
  2. Miss Nile

Miss Nile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Egyptian Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't like make up much since I've always preferred natural looks, but my mom is a big fan of it. XD So she taught me to wear it more although I still like to keep it quite simple. A simple eyeliner line on my eyelid and a natural colored lipstick is definitely what I go for, with a blusher maybe. If I am going somewhere more special like a party or a special occasion, however, only then I might give the matter a little more attention and all. XD

Kyuukon, Dreadshadow and Reapergurl like this.
  3. Reapergurl

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Miss Nile I certainly hope you wear at least foundation underneath...especially if you wear anything on your cheeks (where your pores are tend to be largest).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
    Dreadshadow likes this.
  4. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Earthy tones are like smooth enhancement of beauty. So I go for that when I look it to a girl's face.

Now when it comes to men, I think it is the same. Earthy colors is what I like to see most, but with some exceptions.

Take for instances Twisted Sister! I love them! See spoiler! :p

I come from a country that at the time when I was a kid (born in 80s) being dressed like a woman or use cosmetics or act as "more female" or whatever the f--k people weres saying was "gay" and that meant back then "disturbed, unnatural, perverted and sick" and same was going for the lesbians and transexual people.

I never presonally understood why so hate for people that make their own freaking choices. NOBODY of them harmed NO ONE.

They were saying "It's not right".  I remember myself asking one of those "right" guys, this question.

"Really? So who the f--k defines right from wrong? GTF Outta here you idiot."

I got a lot of replies, the most common was "God does" and that was when they had a really REALLY hard time with me, no matter who they were.

As long as something is a choice, who cares? Sometimes I have seen unshaved men with very bright colored lipsticks like intense pink, and a LOT of other colors on their faces. That was making looking like clowns. I disliked it, but I still repsected their choices. I still can't believe that people find it hard to accept that others HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE DIFFERENT. On the other hand, using exaggeration to disturb, is something I cherish, both on "straight" and LGBT people.

Being "straight" makes me feel, wow, what does "straight" means whatsoever? How would I feel if they called me a non-straight person, because I am heterosexual. How would I feel being pressed to like something I don't and keep inside me, my true nature, hidden in fear? No, f--k that.

I have friends that are gay and lesbians and I like them all a lot. You know why? THE ARE NOT BORING!

I never had a chance to meet or interact with a transgender person, I have seen some smart and awesome speeches of course, but that's it.

I personally don't wear lipstick or make up, but I really don't mind if someone else uses some. I think I made that being obvious already.

Asking if you mind that someone else uses makeup, feels like someone asking me why I wear t-shirts. It's simple. Because I freaking like them, because I want to wear them and because I can. End of discussion. So I can't imagine why I would feel weird by men using cosmetics. I never did.

Because those topics are REALLY delicate, let me inform you that if I will ever say something that might sound not-so-politically-correct, I never intend to harm or disrespect someone. But this does not apply for people slapping people for no reason.  As for people that can't accept something different about others, I am glad they will never watch awesome series like Sense8!

Twisted Sister:

Reapergurl likes this.
  5. Reapergurl

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Dreadshadow dayum, you hit a soft spot. I LOVE Twisted Sister. Honestly, that song in particular was one of about eight reasons why I actually didn't give up on the Guitar Hero series (it's featured in Warriors of Rock).

But anyway, back to the subject. It's kind of funny that they did this to make a statement, though none of the members are actually gay or transgendered, they still stood up for rights of the individual, as well as LGBT rights.

Yeah, I kind of agree with you on natural beauty, especially on a blah day when nothing remotely exciting is expected to happen, but...

Like the endless fields of lush hues I often dream about, I like to see those displayed on skin as well.

Dreadshadow likes this.
  6. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

The fact that they were straight makes them even more awesome and to the point!

Whatever pleases your taste! :)

kaukusaki and Reapergurl like this.
  7. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I used to wear makeup back in my Trad\Romanti-Goth days. Don't bother anymore, but I still love the look. I'm also partial to women wearing earthy or autumn colours.

kaukusaki and Reapergurl like this.
  8. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love makeup! I tend to keep my base on the sheer side, but I am fortunate to have reasonably good skin. And, I don't like covering my freckles. Other than that, I really like earthy tones and peachy tones. Peach, warm brown, brick red, muted roses. I tend to either do a barely there eye look with a brick red lipstick (browned-out tones look very nice on me) or for night time I like to do that sort of very warm, grunge smoky eye with a sheer lip color. If I had to describe my style, I'd say I go for that more lived-in look that isn't too pixel perfect. I think I like that effortless, understated kind of look. I also like to achieve balance and not do strong on top of strong. But, I love researching products and finding awesome new textures and formulations. XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2017
    Bitschi, Reapergurl and Dreadshadow like this.
  9. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

You are doing the right thing @Ms Littlefish I find freckles very charming on women. My girlfriend doesn't have freckles but hey, I once had a girlfriend who had. I learned about it after waking up the other day and watched her using her demake up. I was shocked. She was spending SO much makeup to cover her charming freckles, I was like wtf girl! You are beautiful. But you know how it goes with people thinking otherwise.

Marquise*, djDarkX, kaukusaki and 3 others like this.
  10. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, when I was younger, I'd see K-Pop bands wearing heavy eye shadow and found it disturbing because they put way too much and it looked like they got punched. If I were to see guys wearing makeup, I don't know. I never really have much other than those K-Pop bands, but they basically look like girls anyway. I like earthy tones, and I'd only do makeup to hide acne. Other makeup that I see makes people look like clowns and it's unsettling.  

Dreadshadow and Reapergurl like this.
  11. Punamaagi

Punamaagi Hero on their own terms Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tend to wear makeup only for special occasions or when I feel that it suits whatever I'm wearing. If I'm going out to party, I like wearing turquoise eyeshadow and red or purplish lipgloss; if I had a job interview, I would probably use more earthy colours, and if I'm completely dressed in black, I like using black eyeliner and pretending that I'm baaadd.

If I'm dressed normally and not trying to look good or impress anyone, I can't bother: I'm too lazy for that. I do think that good makeup can bring out the best in more or less everyone, regardless of gender, and I commend anyone who can spend time and effort to put on makeup each day, heh.

12. Reapergurl

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Dreadshadow Actually, it's their songs that make them legendary. I too once had a girlfriend with LOTS of freckles...but she was one of those ultra sensitive types; she'd get a rash just from using the wrong products on her skin, the poor thing.

@The Stranger I'm more of the Artsy Goth, like I said I prefer patterns even if it's Gothic. (Actually today I'm wearing black and blue lips with green thorns adorning my face...no particular reason why...)

@Ms Littlefish Have you ever tried Bare Minerals? That would be perfect for foundation, that doesn't cover your kyuute little freckles (something I have often wished I had). I don't use it a lot, but I do like the coverage if it's to just be an average day (and those are so rare like wow)...

@HexMozart88 You have no idea how common that is, to use makeup to cover acne...that's been a common practice for centuries, men and women alike.

@Punamaagi I'd like to see your party look, and would absolutely love to see you dressed in black. lol I have my lazy days too (it's cold today and the ice storm has started to get worse so I've got the fire going but little else).

Yeah...black and blue definitely suits my mood today, feeling like I got hit by a damned truck (my back tends to ache when the temperatures drop a great deal), so...my eyes are green leaves and my lips are black and blue today.

The Stranger and Dreadshadow like this.
  13. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Reapergurl I've tried Bare Minerals. I found it to look a bit too dry on my skin, even during summer. I still have it so I sometimes use it as a setting powder just so I can use it up. My favorite foundation is Bourjois Healthy Mix. It isn't readily available in the United States, but I have ways. XD

Reapergurl likes this.
  14. Reapergurl

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Ms Littlefish I remember once, importing this stuff from Japan, it cost like $60, and it was like...so bad but on the model it looked really awesome... :/

I prefer to stick with the brands I know. Yeah, Covergirl all day. lol

kaukusaki likes this.
  15. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have lots of allergies so I can't wear makeup without reacting (tried lots of brands, I'm just allergic to strange things).  I keep makeup wearing for special occasions.  If I wear any I like to focus on my eyes.  They're a little on the small side and set deeply, plus my lashes are lightly colored and not thick, so a little make up there makes a big difference.  I like pinks and browns and golds because they look best for my skintone and make a good contrast for my blue eyes, but I'm not afraid of a bolder look.  I like obvious eyeliner with wingtips.  Trying to draw them on myself doesn't usually work well though, the skin on my eyelids is unusually loose and always has been so it doesn't let the makeup glide like it should.

Reapergurl likes this.
  16. Arisa

Arisa probably dead Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Me~ I like trying out pinks and purples with lipstick, though I have so many allergies I have to get the natural lipstick. I also wear mascara and blush, the blush color usually being pink or red. That's about it~

Reapergurl and Marsigne like this.
  17. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I put on the warpaint when i have to deal with exrcutive meetings otherwise its cold cream & tinted gloss (lip smackers lol) for me. When i wear the mask depending on where the meeting is, it's either neutral (browinish or reddish)  or glam (blueish or greenish with glitter) . my sister is gothic punk 24/7 so she rocks black or  red and when doing executive ish purple or dark blue. (Suits hate black anything). 

My makeup collection is a mix and match of cheap vs expensive stuff. All my eye shadow is la colors my foundation is la colors (powder) and rimmel (bb cream). My lipstick is rimmel (formerly kleancolour but stores stopped carrying it and rimmel matched the color i wear. I cry because i pay 7$ a tube for this when i used to pay $1. Yes im notoriously cheap...) matching nail lacquer is la colors or wet and wild. Eye pencil and mascara is also la colors. I use the double lash formula because my eyelashes are thin and i line my eyes to make it appear i got lashes lol.  

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
    Reapergurl likes this.
  18. Reapergurl

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Sharm Yes, dark eyeliner is useful for making our eyes appear larger and/or brighter. Winged eyeliner? I haven't tried that in many years. I tend to end up drawing past my eyes and down my face...yeahhhh...I'm an odd one.

A deep green color would also do wonders to set off your blue eyes (unless they're a deep blue).

@Arisa If I may, have you ever tried Burt's Bees? It is kinda high in price but well worth it (and you'll avoid a lot of potential allergens).

@kaukusaki I got a good guffaw from the 'warpaint' shtick, oh your sense of humor is always so uplifting.

L.A. Colors is great, I think. As for Rimmel, I've only tried their products a few times (I HATE paying nine bucks for a tube of lipgloss).

Kleancolour? No way! I used to import that when I was younger...

Okay, Wet 'n' Wild...I have a LOT of those products (mainly because they're incredibly inexpensive and are worth more than their value).

Mascara, I myself make my own because I prefer to go with bold colors that are not necessarily made by the big brands...

kaukusaki likes this.
  19. noctiluca

noctiluca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I loooove makeup. I went to beauty school so... yeah.

Earthy tones look awful and not natural at all on me, though (pale white skin and black hair). I like colors like pink, red, purple and sometimes coral. Would wear black or blue lipstick because I'm secretly a goth kid but I haven't owned those shades since high school.

One of my favorite things to do with makeup is transformative looks-- like doing makeup to make myself look like a guy, or just another person. I used to do cosplay and my favorite was Catherine (Altus) because I didn't look like me at all! Really fun :)

one thing i do hate though is mascara. I think my eyes are sensitive to it, since it makes them tear up. False lashes look better but it feels like a waste to wear them every day, so I don't.

Reapergurl likes this.
  20. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Reapergurl your own mascara? ? Wow i didn't know you can make your own. I know wands make the difference as formula doesn't really matter (unless going waterproof) . i used to wear gray mascara when mary kate & ashley had their line and it really made my eyes pop. Now i can't find gray  since that line is no longer sold  ( all i find in  the cheap are  always blue, blue black, black, black  brown, brown or clear). Im either not looking in the right places (i refuse to pay more than 2$) or it doesn't exist lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
    Reapergurl likes this.