RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hi there, 

quick question here, does any one knows who compose the battle songs?

Is there a name? or can I just say RPG Maker is the composer?

And for the records, I am aware that I don't need to give credits to RPG maker when I'm releasing a game, however, this is not for that. I need to know the answer for something else.

Thanks in advance :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your statement that you don't need to credit RPG Maker is wrong. Any assets that came with the program - whether the graphics or music or sound effects - need to be credited to Kadokawa. That doesn't mean you need to list every single asset as being credited by them, but that credit does need to be in there when you release a game.

I'm also confused as to what else you would be releasing besides a game, that you would need to know. It is illegal to use the assets that came with the program in anything but an RPG Maker program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen

RPG Maker MZ Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Your statement that you don't need to credit RPG Maker is wrong. Any assets that came with the program - whether the graphics or music or sound effects - need to be credited to Kadokawa. That doesn't mean you need to list every single asset as being credited by them, but that credit does need to be in there when you release a game.

I'm also confused as to what else you would be releasing besides a game, that you would need to know. It is illegal to use the assets that came with the program in anything but an RPG Maker program.

oh wow, thank you for clearing that up for me. I did not know that. 

Well I was planning to use the mp3 "Battle6" for a game call Osu! 
It's a rhythm game. 

Basically, I plan to use the song Battle6 to make something call a "beatmap" for the game. (sample map here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5DVwaFTcI)

Now since, I didn't know anything before, I might as well ask this now. 

I'm I allow to do this? In my opinion, this will essentially be the same as uploading the song to YouTube. (As someone already have for this song)

And of course, I won't get any money from this and the correct credit (now that I have the right information) will be given to the composer.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using MV or another program in the RPG Maker series to make it, then yes, it is fine. You just cannot use the assets in programs outside of those.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamicon