Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
SEGA, last time I checked. =P
I've played it, and it's a gorgeous game, but playing something that's half-fan-translated and the rest unreadable gets to be... not fun, really.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Played the recently deceased SEA server for a little bit. I honestly enjoyed the rush of nostalgia while playing it, but IRL commitments made it difficult for me to really put time into an MMO. Would've really liked to have given it a second look though, but playing on the JP server seems like too much trouble.

Kisai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, PSO2! I wasn't expecting to see that mentioned here.

And I love PSO2. Sadly, with a lack of internet connection, I can't play it though. ;_;

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to play PSO2, as i played the classic Phantasy Star games, and the Dreamcast titles, they're so much fun, but when i saw it came out then there was no translation...

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I may be alone, but honestly I have a very hard time enjoying MMORPGs without non-human playable races. I enjoyed the original Phantasy Star, so I have a little respect for the franchise, but I feel like MMORPGs are supposed to let you make your own personal avatar, but if a character I make can only look human, then it will never be "my own personal avatar." I would love to be able to play as a Motavian from Phantasy Star 1 and 4, but the only playable characters are humans, humans with long ears, humans covered in metal and humans with horns. I loved the fact that WOW had Tauren and Wargen playable races, and I honestly think the Panderan are underrated. But PSO only had human races, which made the game a lot less enjoyable for me. Seeing PSO2 is no different, I'm afraid I don't have any interest in that. Also a bit insulted by the "Beast men" playables in other modern PS games... that are just humans with dog-noses.

I can "sorta" get by if the player is allowed pets or mounts of some sort, and it seems like PSO2 has a summoner class, and I looked up the pets and some of them are pretty cute, but all in all I still kind of prefer just playing as a non-human. I know it's an aesthetic, but it's an aesthetic that effects the fun factor for me.

If you're wondering why I don't like playing as humans, it's a long, dark story that doesn't have to do with the topic, so if you're really interested, PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitoBooni