Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe you neglected to mention which engine it was made with. I can only speculate from the screenshot that it's XP.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I like the wood work the doors and the roofs. Seems a quiet place.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried your demo just for the sake of it and didn't intend on taking notes, so it's a little disorganized, but here is my feedback:

I really liked the ambiance you gave to your world.
Having those little animals speaking was so cool! It gave a true fairy tale touch.
Many people to talk too and it never felt boring.
I'd like to be able to run sometimes.

Here are some little things I noted:
How many prayer books to wake Sleeping beauty are there? That's the local bestseller ;)

Interesting to have all those French sounding names around here. Feels like home :D

Non passable flowers are a little annoying.

Entering houses from the north side is unnatural with this perspective.

The cabin with the unsympathetic woman: I can walk on the wall if I walk up from the tile on the right of the door.
The big house after the wood bridge over the waterfall: I can walk over the shelf on the left of the bust.
I can also walk on the curtain tiles that look tied (don't know how to say that in English), they are on both side, next to the windows.
I can walk on the standards on both sides (next to the shelf and above the sword)

Hamelin:
Not sure if intended, but I can walk over the white benches.

The world looks medieval, but there are electric lamp and in the post office, someone said that she was called by another, like it were a phone call?

Fashion shop: the VX sprites look too different than the other XP sprites.

Library: I can walk on the table from the lower left side.

Notebook:
Red shoes quest's description is cut.

Can I complete the sidequests in the demo?
Either I was too bad or it's for a later part of the game.

Passability, especially non passable tiles are the most annoying thing since you walk a lot in this game. Either the decor elements or people got too often in the way.

tuskel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Estonian
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Wow! I love this idea! And it looks so cute! (The main reason I love RPG maker games :) )

Now I just have to find a good Harry Potter game... Or make it, if I can't find one! ;)

tuskel,

sincerely

Bogo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
looks nice, good map design and some new additions to the RTP - right way to go;) good luck on your project!

d_a_renoir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh my, Slimm...

its agas.jpg

I laughed and laughed and laughed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You even used the exact same word-scrambling method I used to use for my daeva-speak, that's incredible BD

BTW, I can't see Agas properly because he's covered by otheer items, but I can see white hair. Is that one of my WTF edits? XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikari_Jake

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love this~ The mapping is beautiful and the story is just a ton of fun! Little Red always has been my favorite fairy tale character ahaha

When I get home I'll definitely play more!

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a huge road trip coming up next Monday. A 10 hour trip to be exact. So I think a great use of that time would be playing this demo on my laptop and writing up some notes for you. Pinky promise. :)

Reaction score
I downloaded the demo and I'm really enjoying it so far. I especially love the dialogue.

I ended up downloading it onto my laptop as well and will be playing through it this weekend. I'll report back when I'm done! :)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Downloaded it as well, gorgeous mapping (though exits are slightly hard to find due to how open they are) and a very funny premise. I'm enjoying it so far. A couple of things: I don't have the font for the nameboxes, so a blank box appears over dialogue boxes, also here's a small mapping mistake (the tree is below her head).

ZAzIUUO.png

Will continue playing it, great work, Slimme.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@cabfe: Sorry for the super late reply!

I'm glad you like the world and didn't find it boring.

I've added a dash function for the next demo. :)

There's 30 SB books out there. You might remember a sign in a potion shop, which explains why the book is so popular.

I think I've fixed most of the issues you mentioned now. :)

It's a typical fantasy medieval world. Electricity doesn't exist, but magic does, which is how that woman in the post office was called :)

The VX sprites are used as dwarves, but they'll be changed by these for the next demo.

You can complete two of the side quests, the one with Clever Elsie and the one with Sweet Porrigde. The others are for the next demo.

Rouge's not really a person who walks all over flowers, especially the bigger ones. The next area in the game doesn't have as much non-passable flowers. Any specific areas you remember being rely annoying in this regard? I'll remove/change some of them.

@tuskel: Thank you :) Hope you enjoy it.

@Iron Croc: Thank you. Let me know what you think :)

@Bogo: Thank you. Prior to sharing this game, I definetly wasn't too confident in my mapping abilities.

@d_a: Well, I replied to your PM, so you already know, but incase anyone else wanted to know: She replied once in a thread asking if anyone was interested in being a NPC. :)

@Freank: Thanks, but I prefer it this way.

@Hikari_Jake: She's weirdly enough not my favourite, but I've grown to love her writing/making this. I hope you('ve) enjoy(ed) the game.

@Ms Littlefish: Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :D Especially, since you're a musician and I'm not too confident in some of my track choices.

@moewchelle: Thank you for playing :wub: I'm glad you're enjoying it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

@Nirwanda: Thank you for playing :wub: Fixed the priority issue. The font for the name boxes is called Pristina. (It was standard on my PC, so I didn't think to include it.) You're not the first though with font troubles, so the next demo will have an auto install fonts script. In the mean time though, you can download the missing font here.

I'm going to work on this again next month. So if you wanna help shape the next demo, I'd love to hear your thoughts :) (Yes, your thoughts!) Positives, negatives, it doesn't matter.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished the game. Great work, the world was engrossing, detailed and a joy to explore, filled with all sort of interesting details. Also RRHood is adorable. :3

I didn't figure out how to complete Elsie's quest (which you said in a previous response is doable) though.

The only negative opinion I have is about the slow walking speed, but that's already been adressed. Well, I already mentioned it, and maybe I'm just dumb, but I missed a couple of exits (the one east of hammelin and the one east of the mean woman's house) several times, so (only) if other people have that problem, maybe you could find a way to point them out, like marking them with a couple of rocks on each side of the exit or using an arrow icon....

Anyway, really good game, keep up the good work :) :thumbsup-right:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thanks, Nirwanda. Could you post an image of the houses you mean? I'll check if I can't add some hints. I might add arrows as something optional for demo 2.0

It is, mlogan. I'll be uploading 1.4 (RTP)/1.2 (non-RTP) later today with some bug fixes (map errors and so on, nothing huge). It won't have any new features, except a dash function though.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well.. okay, but like I said, they're probably me just being stupid.

This is the first one.

KJTY3Zs.png
It seems quite obvious, but instead of testing it, I took the lower path where there is an exit look alike that leads nowhere, so I assumed both were decorative.

CqoFhX9.png
This is the second one, this one I didn't notice because the entirety of the east side of town can be walked over but only those two tiles are teleporters, like I said, it's just me being dumb, since it's also marked.

bLfqero.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww, sweet! I got stuck on the Rumpelstiltskin riddle and forgot to go back to it, so I'll just start over with this!

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww, sweet! I got stuck on the Rumpelstiltskin riddle and forgot to go back to it, so I'll just start over with this!
I must really be in idiot mode today since I completely missed this. Where is it?

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask :)
 Well, since you're offering, what adults are we supposed to talk to to solve Elsie's quest?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CzCreation