mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh definitely! It was just one of those, I kept meaning to go back to it, to see what I had missed and then life happened, lol. But thanks!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I must really be in idiot mode today since I completely missed this. Where is it?

Well, since you're offering, what adults are we supposed to talk to to solve Elsie's quest?

No you're not an idiot. You can actually miss this, depending on your choices.

There's two ways to get sugar, one of which will make you meet Rumpelstiltskin.

Ignore or don't accept Sir Red/Rikard's offer and instead talk to Aladdin. He'll give you a couple of tasks, one which features Rumpelstiltskin.

For Elsie's:

1. Get the quest from Clever Elsie

2. Talk to Sieghard

3. Talk to Clever Elsie

4. Talk to Frederic

5. Talk to Catherine

6. Talk to Lycus

7. After you've got all the shopping, talk to Clever Elsie to complete the quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot for the quick response!

I completely missed Frederick the first time around! Maybe he wandered behind the trees? You could consider giving him a move route or making him stationary so that that doesn't happen.
I liked the path Elsie's quest took, pretty funny. The alternate sugar quest line was pretty cool too. :)
BTW, I forgot to ask before, but picking up sticks near the rooster's nest is pointless right

Also, when you exit rumpelstilkin's house you're facing left instead of down and you can walk over the vines into the house wall.

DZUcYXV.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Glad you liked it. :)

Fixed those bugs and added a move route to Frederik. ^^

As for the sticks: Yes and no.
You need one of those sticks for a secret side quest. You can get the quest already, but you can't complete it yet.

To get the quest:
Talk to one of Dorothy's friends.
The Scarecrow

I'm compressing the game right now. Updated version (with bug fixes and dash system) will be here soon. :)

Updated!
Version 1.4
Mirror link

Decided to go for just one verson that includes the RTP. The size difference between RTP included and not was way too small for all the trouble I had to go through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That spoilered reply makes the game like 10 times more awesome. :guffaw:

Good luck with the game. :)

Mihnea

C++ adept
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
G'day, I played the demo, and it's sooooo well made, it completly delivers on the immersion and the fairy tale aspect! I personally find the humor a bit cheesy, which ain't a bad thing, it's just that I have a bad sense of humor so I kinda don't like it that much. But everything else is GREAT! One last thing: how did you change the text on the starting screen? Did you use a plugin?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi @Mihnea. Thanks for playing! I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though it's pretty old. :)
This was made with RMXP, so no plugins, just editing the default script. In MV you can actually change it in the Database, under Terms.

Mihnea

C++ adept
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @slimmmeiske2 ! I never messed around in terms, I thought they were used only on changing the shortcuts to certain things (LV, HP, MP and such)

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
WOW i think we all need at least a demo!!!

Edit: i was so fascinated by the pictures (i love the xp graphics and the maps were amazing) that i didn't even saw the demo link hahaha i just download it!

Edit: i found this i just wanted to mention it
waobbw.png

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thanks for trying it out @RedRose190 . :wub Good catch, I'll make sure the file is included in the next update. I hope you'll enjoy the game.

(Also thank you @Starmage and @DarkSpines_Games for the lovely comments. So sorry, I never responded. Just know your comments brought me a lot of joy and motivation to continue slowely working on this :) ).

I've been posting updates from time to time in the goals threads, but I'll try and post them here as well from now on (assuming they're substantial enough of course).

Here's a short overview of what's been added/changed since my last post:
* New menu's:
To make the game feel less like an RPG (maker) game, I have some lofty goals to change the look of all the menu's. Some are still WIPs, but I'm quite proud of my main menu:
kpiANln.png
There's also an option menu now, thanks to Schlangann:
u0nKvK1.png
As you can see you can turn achievements off in case you don't care about that.

* New locations:
Most of the maps are done for this game. The only thing left currently are some interiors.
Spoilered below is the full map for Windmill, the last area you'll go to, as this is where grandmother lives:
1TEgRen.png
(The doors are invisible, because the map screenshot script I used disregards events)
I also made some maps for the Release Something Event back in 2018, which I somehow never actualy shared here :aswt:
WhxAvyT.png

UJIizFQ.png

There's been some slight changes to them.
For the same event I also mapped the interior of the Rosen Castle, which will be playable in the game, though it's a lot smaller than I originally envisioned. I'm not 100% certain if it still works, but for those interested those maps are playable in this little showcase.(Commentary by yours truly: Little Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks.)

* Added Mouse Support
9oZi6jn.png

With some snazzy mouse cursors thanks to Avery's icons. You can turn this off in the option menu.

So what still needs to be done?
- Last few maps of Loupe Wood
- All the eventing in Windmill/Loupe Wood
- Finish the new dwarf sprites
- Polish and testing

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilvaley