who's played undertale

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by kitsune121x, Nov 6, 2015.

1. kitsune121x

kitsune121x the man of a million ideas but no skill Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Ratty524 and Nikitaw99 like this.
  2. Prieum

Prieum Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    I'd love to play that game, it looks really awesome, I've never seen a game like this before, the concept is really interesting and I love how funny Sans and Papyrus are

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
    Nikitaw99 likes this.
  3. kitsune121x

kitsune121x the man of a million ideas but no skill Veteran

First Language:
    english
    oh one thing I forgot to add no spoilers please 

4. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I absolutely love this game. From the writing and music to the interesting battle mechanics... It has made its way to my top favorite games.

I also love that even though I'm terrible at bullet hell I was able to beat it still. It was just so refreshing.

5. Cozzer

Cozzer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I've played it, seen every ending (one of them through Youtube videos because I'm not wasting hours to defeat that boss, you know which one).

Excellent game. It's a pity that most of the reasons why it's excellent are pretty big spoilers. :p

If anybody is going to play it, try not to spoil yourselves. Even if it seems like you're not making the best choices, complete at least one playthrough blind. It's worth it.

EternalShadow likes this.
  6. Industrial Gamer

Industrial Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I was actually looking for the UnderTale topic. I just got to say, I love the game. Sans has to be my favorite character.

7. Nivlacart

Nivlacart I just opened an art shop 11/6 :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like it.

8. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm highly interested in trying this one out, people seem to love it or hate it though from what I've heard. Most game site reviews score it quite highly though but even then there was some difference. One game site offered another reviewers take on it (I think it was gamespot?) and he completely disagreed with the original reviewer.

9. Sated

Sated puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I neither love nor hate the game. It's incredibly average. What I hate is the clamour to make it out as more than average simply because it has a moral message.

10. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Please do not trust Gamestop for anything (I use to love that site too).

They gave Last of Us a 8/10 due to the Main Character being a suspicious person (one of the reasons is that he worked late at nite and since nobody does that [rolls eyes] he is obviously a drug dealer or pimp).

Literally fired a guy over a review score.

Gave Skyward Sword a 7/10 due to the reviewer not knowing the controls.

...and Fallout 4's bugs, glitches and such are a positive due to nostagia...

I mean read this quote:

[​IMG]

edit: even worse when you consider that other games with more minor bugs are torn apart by Gamespot

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
  11. Industrial Gamer

Industrial Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    the game is loved for so much more than the option to spare people. The game has lots of funny moments in it. Lots of the characters are memorable. It has some great music in it. It also has really fun battles, with the way you dodge attacks. Of course, that is opinion though. I can't make people love it if they don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
  12. OM3GA-Z3RO

OM3GA-Z3RO Wounded Seraphim Veteran

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that Undertale being a great game and all was made and thought out by a Music artist? Toby Fox is a really great guy, makes awesome games and amazing music.

Ratty524 likes this.
  13. Ultimacj

Ultimacj Cookie Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Englist
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I loved Undertale.  Combat system was interesting and everything about it was wonderful.

It was basically Mother IV.

Of course, the game overall that hard...unless you fight the boss in the Genocide route.  You will have a bad time.  Took me 3 hours to beat that guy and I felt bad doing it.  But at the same time, I wanted to challenge myself.  Overall great game and any person fan of Indie RPG games, should really look into it.

14. Ratty524

Ratty524 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This game made my life.

The charming dialogue and scenarios made this game never feel boring, and it felt like I was having new experiences every time I replayed it and tried different actions. The game's not only fun, but demonstrates a superb level of attention to detail that everyone should aspire to achieve.

I was even surprised to find out that this game actually calls you out when you save-scum. It was nuts!
    Overall, I highly recommend you guys give it a shot.

15. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I played it too.

I liked the concept, the characters, the music, the writing, the story and the battle system of course but I didn't like the simplicity of the puzzles (too dayum easy) and the lack of a non English localization. Graphics doesn't matter to me but still looked pretty bad in some places, could've been made a bit better I think.

Overall I have to admit that it's a very good and enjoyable game (not a masterpiece though) and a solid 7.5-8 out of 10 to me.

Susan likes this.
  16. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I recently bought it when Steam had their sale because really, I love a lot of the fanart for the game and I was like "you know, maybe I should actually try this game" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Granted, I was TERRIBLE at the battle system. I came into Undertale knowing it was hyped beyond all belief and wasn't really expecting much but it surprised me. It's very quirky, I love how it uses its medium to think outside the box in terms of gameplay and to make comments about you the player, and it genuinely made me laugh. I wouldn't say it's the BEST game ever by no means (there were quite a few very little things that made my inner game dev twitch), but I definitely think it's worth the play. The music is also awesome. If I need to get pumped up I can usually put on one of the tracks and get to work.

nio kasgami likes this.
  17. stupid enough to like FF13

stupid enough to like FF13 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've played Undertale.

It was the part where an antagonist steadfastly refuses to not murder a child just because they're human and defending yourself against them makes you a horrible, horrible person that made it perfectly clear how Undertale is a horrible, horrible game with horrible, horrible writing.

Chaos17 likes this.
  18. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm lost lily, when did that happen? The OP also asked for no spoilers and that sounds spoily.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  19. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    OMG WE'RE LIKE TRYING TO BE RETRO OKAY?

Anyway, haven't played it yet, but I picked it up during the Steam winter sale so I'll get to it eventually. I'm assuming it might be a little overrated, like any super-hyped game these days tends to be, but it's cheap and short so what the hell, I'll give it a go.

20. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

You've clearly missed the entire point of the game.

Undertale is about reinforcing compassion and empathy, even without agreement on all the points shown, it's a game about having the power to hurt others but being determined to not to use it and choose to be a better person instead, better than the ones that want to hurt you\kill you.

The game makes you explore and understand the reasons of why people hurt each other and it even gives you weapons, it'll be your choice if you want to use them or not (and you will be judged by your actions, like it happens IRL). The writing is excellent in all honest, so I don't see what kind of problem you have with that game.

Banquo, nio kasgami, Susan and 2 others like this.