Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I'm quite sure that was the intention. Also

asrial. ASgore toRIAL (They named their kid like a fandom kid names their ships)is there a pun in Asgore's name tho? If there is I can't crack it.

Prizm Daystar

Social Butt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've played Undertale.  After getting True Pacifist, I don't even want to go about the alternate Neutrals down to the Genocide ending. 

I might have a horrible temperament, but if I have the option to do what is assumed as a good thing, I take it.

EDIT:  I wonder why no one has mentioned a certain non-existent character yet...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you talking about

Doctor Gasper?

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"It's rude to talk about someone when they are listening..."

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've played Undertale.  After getting True Pacifist, I don't even want to go about the alternate Neutrals down to the Genocide ending. 

I might have a horrible temperament, but if I have the option to do what is assumed as a good thing, I take it.
I recently completed True Pacifist and I wanna try Genocide just for curiosity but of course like everyone else I don't like my game to be tainted forever after doing so. There is a way to get a True True Reset after Genocide, it's basically manually deleting an .ini file and disabling Steam Cloud sync but that kills the whole purpose of the game if you ask me (it's basically cheating). Once you make "that mistake", you can't go back on it in any way, there is a point of no return in which not even quitting the game will save you. The game punishes you for your sins and your bad past WILL hit you forever after that point.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, this thread just randomly got like thirty comments today. Alright, alright. i was wondering when UnderTale is going to get its parody RPG maker game like FNAF did. I considered making one myself actually and I still am. Although I'm not sure if I should do it just yet.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a few fan made based games on Undertale:  Undertale: Red is one of them.

As for the whole over thinking/determination bit.  There's no really over thinking really, although the game at times (for myself) almost "tricked" me into making me think super deep thoughts about it.  Maiko in a few posts back got it right, it's about determination. 

For netural/pacifists you are filled with determination at save points.

When you're just a killing freak you just have DETERMINATION to kill.
You're just there to kill.  Nothing to explain here.  Period.
I've seen some arguments about San is human.  As goofy and caring as that character can be, there's a lot of mystery shrouded with Sans.

Clearly  I felt the game mocking me as it stated he's the easiest the enemy in the game and with remembering how times you died in a row to him

What's that expression?  Aww too bad.  "The Monologue of Death" is what I title his fight.

While I've done all three routes, I didn't do everything but I did watch videos. I feel various forms of fighting Unydne was just very depressing.
Her melting away like, just felt so emotional. Toby Fox put a lot of
thought into that scene.

If I had anything bad to say about Undertale? Well I'm not of a fan a bragging rights type of gamer BUT
I would love to see achievements on Steam. I mean, for one to defeat Sans?
That takes a LOT of determination. He's no easy cookie.

Justice

Ækashics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My favorite parts about undertale are the characters and the music! but actually, if I had not run into 'Hopes & Dreams' I probably would have never checked out the game \(◕‿‿◕)/!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Justice:

That fight was pretty damn epic, I loved every bit of it, I felt like (finally) fighting the true final boss of the game.

Awesome track too of course.

Justice

Ækashics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Justice:

That fight was pretty damn epic, I loved every bit of it, I felt like (finally) fighting the true final boss of the game.

Awesome track too of course.
Yes! When the visual effects kick in! (✧▽✧)

The game pulls off truly amazing moments such as the final battle through a combination of its theme, OST and dialogue!

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
I played it. I didn't like it that much, but I didn't hate it either. It was okay, if incredibly frustrating at times. Creator-dude could use a crash-course in balancing and scaling up. That said, the music and writing was very well done and even though the graphics are very simplistic in nature, they fit quite well with the atmosphere. There were some points where I was all 'oooh, nice graphics~', like at any point in met Undyne before *that* fight, or when you saw the city in the background.

Honestly, if it weren't so frustrating I might be more inclined to finish my LP of it - currently I'm bummed out of all LPing because of this fricking game. Which is annoying as Frick.

So, yeah, it's okay, but it's not the best game ever. Also, most of the fandom are *******s who need to shut the Frick up about **** and quit spoiling people so they can play the way they dayum want without having to feel like they have to play a certain way... or that there's even a particular way in which to play the damn thing. Frick them.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok KSI, you need to STOP whatever the hell you're doing.  Play the Genocide route, kill everything, and have DETERMINATION and don't worry about doing a LP for it.  Though personally I'd love to see you take on Sans.  The rage from this post would certainly be an entertaining watch on that fight ;)

On a side note I agree that the whole fanboyism is a bit extreme, it's a great game overall but not OMGDONTTALKBADABOUTTHISGAMEORILLKILLYOU type of game.

*drops mic and slips out, my determination has been emptied*

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
oh my lol what really harsh comment XD

well I don't consider myself as inside of a fandom I like the game and is challenge 

but i kinda like when people do super nice fan game of it likes undertale : Red

I liked this character and the way's you had to figth her I do hope toby fox may add her to the game with the TRUE feeling of undertale since for now yes this have a undertale feeling but this not totally quite the feeling lol

but yeah this not the greatest game ever but I kinda like it and I don't get rushed to people if they speak in bad of it...

what I dislike is when people saying likes it's trash or such without real reason or give reason who are illogical and not related to the game

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@nio kasgami: I don't consider myself part of the "fandom" either, you won't catch me drawing any fan art anytime soon despite it being one of the better games I've played of late. Though I've noticed in general these days that the "fandoms" do generally end up being really toxic... Steven Universe is an example. Oh jeez when/ if Tumblr gets hold of it, then it's Game Over. Say goodbye to your Determination.

Though I do agree with Ksi about some of the balancing issues. Some regular enemies were absolutely BRUTAL regardless of what run you were doing while some were easy. It didn't really scale, rather than it-- staggering but still had a pattern that was for the most part easy enough to learn, especially if you've been exposed to bullet hell. I'm soo glad I was a Touhou fan, reading some of the bullet patterns smacked me with nostalgia and knowledge! Oh, standard Sakuya danmaku here just small taps to the left and repeat to the right. Oh wow, classic Youmo here time for circles (you get the idea) XD

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Eugh, sucks you had a brush in with fans like that, Ksi. >< I've managed to stay away from it for the most part and just look at nice fanart and listen to nice fan covers of the music.

I think I like it best when chatting with Indrah and she referred to it as an "Experience" more than a game. As a game, it has a lot of flaws, and anyone I know who does game dev and has seen it can notice them. But it's a neat little experience built on interesting concepts - and I like that side of it a lot. But for anyone who is going in wanting a "GAME," it's going to have a harder time clicking with them.

what I dislike is when people saying likes it's trash or such without real reason or give reason who are illogical and not related to the game
I dislike senseless judging by people of anything without trying it out. I can 100% understand people not liking this game, and that is fine, but yeah... when people hate on something 'just because it's popular' that's has always bothered me. Though I mean, I wouldn't say their reasons need to be logical, sometimes we just dislike a thing for reasons we can't explain, so I've never cared to worry about someone's logic - just that they've at least tried it. idk

Oh jeez when/ if Tumblr gets hold of it, then it's Game Over. Say goodbye to your Determination.
Was this in reference to Undertale? Because Tumblr's already all over Undertale. My dashboard is almost 80-90% Undertale fanart at all times and this was within one day of the game's release. It didn't take long. (But then, Toby Fox already HAD a spot in Tumblr demograph from Homestuck Music)

Also... I've drawn fanart, but like, I've drawn fanart of a million things. I just like drawing fanart.... haha I still wouldn't consider myself "a part of the fandom"

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I dislike senseless judging by people of anything without trying it out. I can 100% understand people not liking this game, and that is fine, but yeah... when people hate on something 'just because it's popular' that's has always bothered me. Though I mean, I wouldn't say their reasons need to be logical, sometimes we just dislike a thing for reasons we can't explain, so I've never cared to worry about someone's logic - just that they've at least tried it. idk
lol yes it's was more that I meant it's people who are like : it's trash because it's trash  this what I meant 

but people who arrive like and almost insulting you spreading toxic comment or spam got spread their hate this what I am really against 

OKAI this person  don't like the game we understand then stop bother the people who like it 

the person can say why you no liked it but don't go saying like : you don't understand dude this game is just a lost of moneys! it's scam ect

@chaos : yes the games had big flaw and a LOT'S about some enemies parameters such example Muffet is almost impossible to beat in pacifist run lol she's so freaking hard to avoid her attacks

and let's say about Undyne......G*D freaking dammit this freaking hard! Both Pacifist and genocide run she's like super duper hard 

YES Sans is hard but it's only require you to be patient and after it's easier since his pattern don't change a lot's.

Undyne was like........OH YEAH YOU AVOID MY ATTACK!? HERE 300 billion rotative lance for kill you! 

gosh I rage quit so many time for finally beating her.

and let's say *cough* this game is also good for trolling...like's the secret piano room ¬_¬'

or Metaton... ;w;

but the big aspect of the game is the soundtrack honestly I really liked those soundtrack

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well nio, with Muffet in particular my little brother who already finished the game gave me ONE piece of advice.

Buy the Spider Donut in the Ruins for 8G and DO NOT eat it. You'll know when to eat it when the time comes :p
Well, anyone who keeps up with Smosh Games should know that this is up~ Remember, this will contain spoilers

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well nio, with Muffet in particular my little brother who already finished the game gave me ONE piece of advice.

Buy the Spider Donut in the Ruins for 8G and DO NOT eat it. You'll know when to eat it when the time comes :p
Well, anyone who keeps up with Smosh Games should know that this is up~ Remember, this will contain spoilers
oh lol I did know if you buy a spider donut it's will give you the pacifist with muffet but you are telling me to not use it before I enter her battle xD?

I will remember this

and OMG THIS TRAILER XD

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But the REALLY hard bosses (on pacifist run) usually have ways to make them easier.

Muffet's battle ends instantly if you save the Spider Cider or Spider Doughnut from the beginning and eat it in front of her. Papyrus will eventually give up after you lose to him 'x' many times. Eating Toriel's pie in front of ASGORE lowers the amount of damage he does. There's a multitude of ways to get higher ratings than normal through Mettaton's fight. ALSO you can insta-beat any dog by throwing the stick.
TEMMIE ARMOUR
I can't talk much about balancing since again I... haven't actually played the game myself yet, but at least there are things in place so someone who isn't as good at the game play can have a leg up on it.

Also, Nio, you probably don't want to know that Rach made Undyne and Muffet look REAL EASY on her Pacifist playthrough after beating Genocide, huh?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
DAMN Racheal xD but after some boss are still challenging lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy