Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use whatever plugin solves the immediate need that I'm looking to solve at the moment. Generally this means no YEP, as those are too full of features and is somewhat obtrusive by overwriting a lot of core functions. Having lots of features is a good thing! But in my specific case, I prefer to keep it light and focused on compatibility, so I write my own.

For inspiration purposes, the most creative plugins are from SRD. Character creators, HTML-based external editors, drag & drop HUD maker, and even a plugin written in C++. Even if you don't use them, these are all very interesting ideas to propel the community forward to try new things and increase the capabilities of RPG Maker.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I mainly write my own scripts (vxa) and plugins (mv). But if I don't need to reinvent the wheel I use yanfly, some.random.dude (I can't remember how he spells his handle sorry!), Khaz, Tsukihime, mr bubble... thats off the top of my head. There's others I use snippets of - I'll have to find the list.
But for the most part when I start I'll use scripts as a placeholder for what I want it to do until I get that section how I like and take it out. It's taking me longer to finish development because I'm writing my own scripts to replace the ones I'm using and my code isn't the best... (im bad at ruby decent in js).
I could just lean on the code and use it as is but there's a feeling of awesomeness when you got the code working for how you like instead of relying on others. I'm stubborn...

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I mainly use Victor Sant, and Himeworks plugins. They seem to be compatable with each other and they provide a lot of options

ImaginaryVillain

Obviously the "Hero" of Light!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Event Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mostly I use Yanfly and Galv for added event functionality, SRD for HUD based stuff, and Himeworks for title/game over things. Seems like the further along I go, the more I end up removing plugins as I just figure out a way better way to do stuff.

I do recall when I first saw Mog's stuff I was pretty excited, but the Chrono Engine's ABS part really does perform like an Olympic Sprinter who skips leg day, so I quickly ended up scrapping it. Fun fact for anybody else who ends up using it, it doesn't work at all with Yanfly's Self Switches/Variables but it does work with Hime's Self Variables.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im glad this topic is here as i like to say this to other makers often: I'm a huge fan of VE's stuff,

yanfly has alot of great stuff, and i use atleast 5 of YEP's plugins but i personally feel yan's stuff has become way too over saturated, which isn't anyone's individual fault, but their plugins feel more like free intended DLC rather than custom, unique scripts at this point due to the popularity.

VE on the other hand has equally a great amount of unique scripts but doesn't get a fraction of the credit on a broad scale so i just wanted to say i'm a fan of Vic's work even though sometimes i do get confused and need a little help setting them up lol.

i also love MOG & SumRndm Dde's work a ton!

pickledylans

lov the cronch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to download a load of yanfly plugins and mostly use that LOL
but now I'm trying to chill and only use plugins I Specifically need... Instead of trying to learn how to use a plugin to add features that I don't even think are part of my vision

I have a lot of misc plugins for my current project rn, not a ton from one specific creator

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly and sumrndmdde mostly. SRD has a nice character editor that you can hijack with scripting for character appearance changes and the like.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Instead of trying to learn how to use a plugin to add features that I don't even think are part of my vision
That's a really good mindset. You dont just add features because you can, you add them because you need them. :)

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mostly use Yanfly and Galv in terms of quantity.

But honestly, the plugins I paid for by commission by dsiver I use a lot because they are specific to my game. And he's a great coder!

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly because have high diversity and brings more option to your game, and you can use it for commercial without worrying illegal stuff.

JP92717

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game I'm making, called The Ascent (demo available in game's that are in the development section of this forum), makes use of a lot of Yanfly's scripts. I've also incorporated other scripts such as ones from sumrndmdde, himeworks, and moghunter to name a few.

8bitBartabas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use an equal combination of lots of pluggins, but I'm going to have to say I really love Ramza's pluggins. They help fill in a lot of things I was looking for in my game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radgamer30