whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, i'm trying to apply those tiles to my project and i'm having some issues... The size of the image! The "knight" img can't be applied to RMMV character because the game cut the image, like that:  
PhqeQG5.png

Can you help me??

Sorry for my bad English! 

those are 4 frame animations and require a plugin which there are several available so I don't know exactly what the problem is, and I'm not familiar with the frame plugins. Over on page 6 and page 7 in the thread though has some discussion on how to get them to work. If it helps, each frame should be 64x69 for a total of 256x276, but you might have to ask someone else for help if you're still having problems o 3 o;

Edward.T

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
This is really amaaaaaaaazing!!!!!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
new update \o w o/ just a small one, I've been busy with other stuff~ but I did make two animals that I got some requests from awhile back that I'm sure lots of folks would want! Baby chickens/chicks and ponies! Also made three new dog breeds \o 3 o/ corgis, saint bernards, and scotty doggies~ a couple of requested sprites for moles, and one I've been kind of picking at a bit was possessed items, and the first one I uploaded was the book! It even comes with an opening animation for the magical book types!

CGSijzc.gif

when I made it, I had the idea of a particular character from the Disgaea series named Zetta in mind. He was an overlord that ended up getting magically trapped inside a book and pretty much spends the majority of the game being pretty upset about this. While my possessed book isn't nearly as expressive, I kind of wanna make some that are someday /e w <;; 'cause they are fun looking.

Unfortunately I'm gonna be a taad busy for a little bit working on some stuff for a game project, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make a few small stuff here and there inbetween, but it will mean updates will be slower for a little bit. I have several other dog breeds in the works, as well as several animals that folks have requested, as well as a few more animals I've been putting off on working on.

Until next update though \o w o/ enjoy~

Fermmoylle

Invalid command or file name.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
When you have time (and inclination), creating battlers of your animals would be great. One thing is finding a carbuncle or a wildcat (for instance), another thing is fighting them.

Andronius

Apprentice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:popcorn:  Hi, total Noob here (this is my first post). I've found your creations and they are GORGEOUS! I'm specially in love with the pomeranian doggy (I have one myself!  :D  )

Unfortunately I don't know yet how to install them/animate them  ;_;  I'm sure this must be like super basic stuff for everyone but could someone please tell me STEP BY STEP how to install them, in which folder should I download them and how do I 'animate' them in game? I'd appreciate it immensely

Jeysonmcfly

Just a random Joe Schmoe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
:popcorn:  Hi, total Noob here (this is my first post). I've found your creations and they are GORGEOUS! I'm specially in love with the pomeranian doggy (I have one myself!  :D  )

Unfortunately I don't know yet how to install them/animate them  ;_;  I'm sure this must be like super basic stuff for everyone but could someone please tell me STEP BY STEP how to install them, in which folder should I download them and how do I 'animate' them in game? I'd appreciate it immensely

Please don't call yourself a noob. Noob is an insult. You are a newb-- or "newbie".

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andronius To install them, you simply need to add the character sheets to your game's files - go to "img" and "characters" and save them there. The sheets with only one character (eg. the individual pomeranian) needs to be saved with a $ at the beginning of the name (ex. $pomeranian.png). The sheets with 8 full characters don't need the $ (ex. pomeranians.png).

As for animating them, that is some really basic stuff of using MV. When you make the event, there are different ways to make them move, but most commonly by changing the Autonomous Movement settings. I strongly recommend you check out some tutorials to better understand how the program works. Also, next time, it's best if you start a new topic for this sort of help question.

Andronius

Apprentice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:)  Many thanks for your kinds answers and Step by Step explanation @Jeysonmcfly and @mlogan! I've been using RMMV for just about 5 days and I'm TOTALLY hooked!

I'm proud to tell you I finally managed to download, install and animate my little pomeranian, among other animals  BD  
Took me hours to figure it out but even managed (not sure how) to make him a face to use ingame! so we can speak in the game as we do normally in RL. 
GhostTrickMissile3.png

THANKS A LOT @mlogan; I stand corrected: in the future I'll start a new topic for this sort of help questions. In the meanwhile, I've read the RPG MAKER VX ACE online PDF "Step by Step" Tutorial and found it WONDERFUL for us newbies: loved it, followed the 9 steps adapting them how I could to RMMV... nevertheless, the F1 Help command on RMMV doesn't tell you how to do things Step-by-Step with examples and graphics. I've been checking LOTS of Youtube Tutorials (mainly Echo, Driftwood, Yanfly, Akashics, byBibo, SumRndmDde...) but they seem quite advanced. The only was I found making kinda really simple tutorials for newbies was rpgDon. Could you please suggest or direct me to an RMMV Step by Step Tutorial for Newbies like the one in PDF for RPG MAKER VX ACE?

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
In the meanwhile, I've read the RPG MAKER VX ACE online PDF "Step by Step" Tutorial and found it WONDERFUL for us newbies: loved it, followed the 9 steps adapting them how I could to RMMV... nevertheless, the F1 Help command on RMMV doesn't tell you how to do things Step-by-Step with examples and graphics. I've been checking LOTS of Youtube Tutorials (mainly Echo, Driftwood, Yanfly, Akashics, byBibo, SumRndmDde...) but they seem quite advanced. The only was I found making kinda really simple tutorials for newbies was rpgDon. Could you please suggest or direct me to an RMMV Step by Step Tutorial for Newbies like the one in PDF for RPG MAKER VX ACE?

oh man I had no idea this conversation was going on /o 3 o; glad you liked the pomeranians btw >w>!-b was starting to wonder if anyone even noticed them! lol
I figure most simple step by step things you'd find for VXA should work with MV, but I did do some quick searching and maybe found a few helpful things-
RPG maker MV basics by StratX on youtube, and apparently Syndicate has tutorials and guides too though I dunno personally how helpful these are for you, but maybe it's a start?

I should warn you though, not all the sprites I've made will work as they are in RPG maker.  I kind of didn't have the foresight to make some of the older ones I first posted up into full sheets at the time of my making them. I really should go back over them and fix them so they're easy to download/add into the program as painlessly as possible, but between some recent computer issues and been somewhat busy with a few other things, I just haven't had time (and I'm lazy - 3 -;) feel free to ask questions about the sprites themselves though! Maybe I'll finally get around to fixing them.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to tell you that I looove all your animals, so many cute ones. Thank you for doing this!

Andronius

Apprentice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh man I had no idea this conversation was going on /o 3 o; glad you liked the pomeranians btw >w>!-b was starting to wonder if anyone even noticed them! lolI figure most simple step by step things you'd find for VXA should work with MV, but I did do some quick searching and maybe found a few helpful things-RPG maker MV basics by StratX on youtube, and apparently Syndicate has tutorials and guides too though I dunno personally how helpful these are for you, but maybe it's a start?

Thanks so much @whtdragon  :rock-left: ;) :rock-right: This is VERY HELPFUL. I'm certain other newbs like me will also appreciate it. Congrats for your beautiful creations and thanks for sharing (I'm planning to get next your fantastic festival stuff  :D  )

Riddle

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
  • As these are (mostly) edits of MV's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker MV, otherwise~~

I use RPG Maker VX Ace, but I can easily convert these sprites to VX Ace in Game Character Hub. Am I not allowed to use them, then, or is it alright to use them in my copy of RPG Maker as long as they work?

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • As these are (mostly) edits of MV's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker MV, otherwise~~

I use RPG Maker VX Ace, but I can easily convert these sprites to VX Ace in Game Character Hub. Am I not allowed to use them, then, or is it alright to use them in my copy of RPG Maker as long as they work?

I'm pretty okay with my sprites being used in other RPG maker engines. It's just edits tends to be in that weird category where you need the license of the specific engine the original sprites came from. I'm reasonably sure they're "okay" for use without the MV license, but I moreso aired on the side of caution with it saying you need MV.
I know that isn't exactly a straight answer but I honestly dunno where that all technically lies legally lol  If anyone else has an answer to that, I'd like to know for sure though!

Riddle

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty okay with my sprites being used in other RPG maker engines. It's just edits tends to be in that weird category where you need the license of the specific engine the original sprites came from. I'm reasonably sure they're "okay" for use without the MV license, but I moreso aired on the side of caution with it saying you need MV.
I know that isn't exactly a straight answer but I honestly dunno where that all technically lies legally lol  If anyone else has an answer to that, I'd like to know for sure though!

Thank you! These are such awesome sprites, I'm so glad I'll be able to use them. Yeah, I'm open for more information, I'll be more comfortable using them knowing for sure that it's fine (if for some reason you want to know, about six months ago I got an idea for a Warrior cat game. Even though I'm not as interested anymore, I'm sticking to my word and thought that the MV cat sprites you did would be awesome for a lynx-cat hybrid breed that I want to be available in the character generator. I've since made different eye colors and markings for them and they're working nicely).

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you! These are such awesome sprites, I'm so glad I'll be able to use them. Yeah, I'm open for more information, I'll be more comfortable using them knowing for sure that it's fine (if for some reason you want to know, about six months ago I got an idea for a Warrior cat game. Even though I'm not as interested anymore, I'm sticking to my word and thought that the MV cat sprites you did would be awesome for a lynx-cat hybrid breed that I want to be available in the character generator. I've since made different eye colors and markings for them and they're working nicely).

See that's where it gets iffy. While I think the fluffy cats are "okay" for use, the other cats are simple recolors from the MV default and might not be. Recolors tends to be a no-go when it comes to using them in other engines without license, sooo yeah.

Riddle

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
See that's where it gets iffy. While I think the fluffy cats are "okay" for use, the other cats are simple recolors from the MV default and might not be. Recolors tends to be a no-go when it comes to using them in other engines without license, sooo yeah.

Alright, just to be safe, I'll only use the shorthair recolors once I get MV (I'll probably wait awhile, VX Ace is just fine until we start getting good sales for MV). It is a non-commercial project and will probably always be (I'm not nearly good enough to even try commercial projects), but it's still probably best not to use the MV stuff for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy Fox

Chosen Undead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just found your sprites and I had to say: I loooove them!

So much variety in them. It's really great to share them with all of us. : 3

Mayuen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simply amazing!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks, am using one of your goats in my super secret project! (btw, your left and right facing on the goats is messed up. I kept wondering why the goat was running ass end at me)

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks, am using one of your goats in my super secret project! (btw, your left and right facing on the goats is messed up. I kept wondering why the goat was running ass end at me)

aww man more of that huh - 3 o? yeah lemme fix that real quick, apparently they where all like that

61JYQmF.png

1e22NtN.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthToEvan