whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Dec 23, 2015.

1. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

I'm no lawyer, but the RTPs still has user-license agreements saying you can only use them for the specific RPG maker engines they're made for.
    Most of my edits are so major that a good chunk of my sprites could be used in other RPG maker engines (aside from the obvious ones like the horses, cats,dogs and chickens) but I'd rather not anyone get in trouble legally so I just say they're ment for MV. Personally I'd be okay with them getting used in any engine (RPG or otherwise) but I don't really know how far the grey area goes on this, so better to play it safe, you know o 3 o?

2. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    any RPG maker RTP is NOT free to download, it's available for download, but limited in use to legal owners.

If a resource is an edit from MV RTP, yes you need to own MV to use it.

If a resource is an edit from VX ACE RTP, yes you need to own VX ACE to use it.

And if you own MV and VX ACE, you have a license to use ACE RTP in MV and Vice Versa.

that simple logic applies to all makers.

3. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Elmlor.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is amazing. Just sitting here thinking all the uses and just overwhelmed :p dayum you :)  thanks <3 

4. Sapharan

Sapharan Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Last off topic post: This is bull***t what Enterbrain pulled off with this licence. How they can make this kind of licence, when rtp is including for example sound effects that are not even their. Door sounds from resident evil 1, 2 and 3. Magic sounds from Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen. Page flip in books from several games. I can go on.

Back to topic. You did really great job on these sprites. Too bad i can't use them.

5. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You could make every character in a game animals with these! Super cool!

(lacks a kangaroo though).

:D

6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

you know what I had an early draft of a Kangaroo but I didn't like how it looked and ended up scrapping it. It kept ending up being too large. I still want to do it though sometime!

7. Yurash

Yurash Crazy Cat Lady :P Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aha, I haven't checked up on this topic in months! Then I come back to so, so many new ones o.o Wow... thanks XD They're amazing! ^_^

8. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi -- this is incredible work.  Please PM me your paypal!

9. Ice Bear

Ice Bear Ice Bear for President Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh boy! A zoo of all sorts of creatures! I have to find a way to implement most of them, and I of course, I had to fix some of the sheets that appear to be broken in the program. Mind if I request a bear cub sprite? I do need that for my project.

10. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

bearcubs where already on my todo list and finished ( - w -)-b just hadn't uploaded yet.

[​IMG]

11. Yurash

Yurash Crazy Cat Lady :P Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    They're so cute! XD

Also, I have a question... I'm able to get all the animals working (when I put them onto a sheet myself), except for the hippo... what size is a sheet supposed to be for them, for them to work, or are they supposed to be moved around a little, to be made smaller?

Thank you ^_^

12. Ice Bear

Ice Bear Ice Bear for President Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yay! Thank you very much! 

mbncd likes this.
  13. HitYourGrandma

HitYourGrandma Ruler of all Evil and Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How many sets of the characters are present on the image? If it's just one, put $ at the start of the file name. Otherwise, take the image's width and height and divide by how many sets there are in each instance. eg. h divided by 2 and w divided by 3.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  14. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for all the great animals. I'm putting them right into my game.

15. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

the hippos can't be used as is. you WILL need to split them up into two single characters. The reason is because they'd actually be a pretty large spritesheet, and I hadn't gotten around to splitting them yet, but each character set though is 288x192. I am in the process of fixing this, as not all the sprites I uploaded are usable sheets or singles yet either.

once you split them up o 3 o)^ just do the $ thing. hope that helps!

16. ozaya

ozaya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Hey I cant use the Fox Sprite <.< I use RPG Maker MV

But when I want to add them, they are halfed instead full..

My English is not that great sorry here is a Picture:

[​IMG]

How do I fix that? Do I need something special for it? if I put the $ thing before it, It also dosnt fit...

Help me please

17. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, you only have half an image there.  You need FOUR "3x4" graphics, you only have two for a "$" image.  Here.. use this one :)

[​IMG]

18. ozaya

ozaya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Thanks!!! You saved me <3!

19. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Part 1 of the newest update went live - ヮ -;;  I would love to showcase the tread that's all nice and organized and full of proper spoiler tags, but I was getting really annoyed by it and it's kind of late here right now, so I'll deal with the second half in the morning. Shoutout to @Ice_bear for some organization of the files they did for the download link's files, which I used some of (and renamed stuff, organized to make it easier to find things) So at the least, the download link IS updated with all the new animal sprites (most of which are recolors or full sprite sheets of animals! no more half sheets or editing guys!)

What new stuff I DID add to the thread was some new monster and dragon sprites! @Sinweaver made a thread awhile back reguarding some trophy heads that I quickly made some large monster heads for, but no monsters that was once attached to said heads, but NOW I HAVE meet the saber cats /o w o/ Size wise they are nearly two MV human sprites in length. They're fairly large, and likely more akin to what people would want for lions or tigers in size, so if you're REALLY wanting big cat sprites to be proportional to the human sprites, well there ya go.

[​IMG]

another thing that I made that has been asked for before was tanukis and kappas, two fairly popular Japanese monsters. Shoulda done them sooner, and I didn't,

but now I have! Features both tanukis with famous leaves on their heads and non versions. For the Kappas, just a few different versions in various colors. Note these are "child sized" creatures, neither would likely work as generator parts, and at least for now, I have no real plans on making larger/adult human sized versions. I might give 'em lil' pants though o ω o

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also made a bunch of recolors from the MV default large/boss sprites. The most (I think anyways) notable is the dragon recolor I did. These where ment to be based on regions so there's a desert, tundra, volcano and ocean dragons. I did have a second set of recolors that where much more colorful and I thought prettier as I was perfecting the recoloring process of these (so they wouldn't look quite so generically recolored) but sadly the file was corrupted, and I wasn't able to salvage the project. The colors/region that would have been in the other file was a jungle type dragon, a white/brilliant rainbow type dragon, a sky dragon, and a kind of phoenix/firey dragon. I may come back and try to redo them maybe better then before as the file was the first one I had attempted for the recolor.

[​IMG]

OH RIGHT the other thing I made was a new set of boss sprites o w o/ giant spider peoples much to the dismay of a friend. There's two females and two males. Those that have been following me or keeping track of what I've been doing have already likely seen them.

[​IMG]

The rest of the large/boss sprite recolors you can check out in the post under the monsters/mythological creatures and dragons as those where the ones that got updated /u w u;;; I'll update everything else tomarrow once I'm more able to fight the messed up spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  20. cyberwaffle

cyberwaffle cyberwaffle Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much for all this, would you ever consider making a video tutorial on how to make sprites?

I understand that making a video tutorial is a lot of work, so you by no means have to, but at least could you

point me in the right direction on how you learned how to do this awesome pixel art?

Thanks again for all the work!