whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Dec 23, 2015.

1. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

I hadn't really intended to make damage sprites~ I figured folks that wanted to extend the tiles with that sort of thing are more then welcomed to it.
    (I seriously need to talk to everyone that's made extensions and edits about posting their stuff too . _ .;)

2. esziaprez

esziaprez I'm in the Gaame !!! Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    So nice.

It will be useful in my next game thank you so much. I add little animated battlers from its and I credit you of course.

Ennemi_Crab.png

Ennemi_Frog.png

3. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok. I'll get working on these and will definitely post them once completed. :)

4. Codeless

Codeless Villager Member

First Language:
    Español
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh! You're amazing!
    All of them are awesome, great work!

5. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @whtdragon I was searching for a Mack-sized horse sprite for my Vx Ace game, and I found your thread! Excellent work! I know you made these for MV, but the size of many of your larger animals is perfect for Mack-size sprites! Thank you for these!

6. Dumeka

Dumeka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    They all look awesome.

The only Problem I see is the size difference between some of them and the characters.

As example, if you add a Bear or a Bison in game the character is bigger than them. :(

The Cow looked sizewise a bit better and the small animals look good since they are supposed to be smaller than the characters. :)

Is there a possibility to resize them in their Frame so they will look bigger in the game without causing compatibility issues?

7. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

This is kind of a problem I've been considering for awhile. Generally speaking, I made my sprites like MV's animal sprites in that they are at the 48x48 default size o 3 o/ so the bears, bulls, bisons, all that are the same size as the horse for example, but all will be a bit small compared to the default humans. Making the animals sprites (and even the monster sprites) larger could possibly cause some overlay issues if you're not using a plugin which is part of the reason I haven't been making them larger.
    Having said that, I -did- make some larger/upscaled versions of some of the animals like the saber toothed cats being pretty much upscaled versions of the tigers/lions, and they're much larger then the default humans. The larger sharks, Hippos and Alligators are other examples of larger sprites, but again, they can cause some overlap issues with objects. Resizing also takes some time (and I'm kind of lazy - w -; not gonna lie) so I don't know if I'll be resizing them -just- so they're larger to humans anytime soon, but we'll see maybe.

GrandmaDeb and Dumeka like this.
  8. Dumeka

Dumeka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Thanks a lot for the reply! :)

If you let me know or show me how too upscale These I could do it for you and repost here for everyone to get. ;)

This way you will have some help with it and I can use these in my Project. :)

Only if it's ok for you though!

9. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

I'm A-OK with folks editing the sprites for their own benefits u w o/ knock yourself out~

The method I use for resizing though unfortunately pretty much requires an old outdated program no one uses anymore /)- 3 -; but I can try to describe it and maybe you can find a way on another program. I use Paintshop pro 7and in it, when you go to to resize there's an option to do a "pixel resize" in it, which means it'll just resize based on pixels rather then try to resize with antialias, making the sprites fuzzy or blurry. Pixel resize does leave the images looking pretty jagged and distorted, but so much easier to work with when you're working in sprites.

I mentioned this method sometime ago previously too here and you can kind of see an example what I mean about the differences in normal resizes and pixel resizes.  Here's another example of it using one of the animal sprites I quickly made:
    [​IMG]

it still requires cleanup but not nearly as much as through normal resizing methods o 3 o/ and saves a ton of time with the work. It's just at this point I have well over 60+ unique animal sprites (more like 100+ if you count recolors too) and that's a ton of work . _ .;  Over the years I've tried out various programs, but most of them don't have this pixel resize option. I believe Gimp has a similar feature called "scale image" and under "quality" you select none, which should give you similar results but-- mm don't quote me on that one. I don't typically use gimp and further testing needs to be done lol. The plus side though is if you can figure out how to do this, it makes editing almost anything much much easier.

10. Dumeka

Dumeka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Haha! That's really funny and a huge coincidence! :D  I was using paintshoppro 8 till recently only because of the same reason and because of it's funktionalities and options that I loved to use for many years in fm2nd and other Projects. I'm still using a older Version I think it's the x6 or something on my pc (not on it at the Moment).

I thought you meant a other way, if it's like this then it's really easy for me to do. :)

Thanks a lot!

11. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

waa seriously o 3 o?? that's cool o A o; apparently it's a pretty uncommon program to use lol. I briefly tried 8 a lonng time ago but I didn't like it as it was more like photoshop. I found older paintshop pros from 7 and before to be pretty good though. Since they're older, they lack some of the advanced fancier features and tend to leave pixely artifacts behind when using features and it ends up being fantastic for sprite work. I dunno if 6 has it, but 7 also has an animation shop program which can help a lot too u w u/~

12. Gabrelik

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! 

I'm still working on the damage sprite for the werewolf, but here is an edit with some extra fur across the back. Would this be alright?

Werewolf.png

13. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

looks pretty good so far o 3 o-b I'd even use that myself for recolors~

14. Gabrelik

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome! I would definitely use them if you did. My project requires an entire race of these little guys, so the more, the merrier!

Thanks again for letting me tinker. :)

Edit: Damage sprite is mostly done, though I could use some advice. I'm extremely new to spriting, and editing in general. Feel like it is a little off, but not quite sure how to tweak it. I'll have one for the original werewolf once I get this figured out. :D

wolfdamage.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  15. VenTene

VenTene Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    I'm jealous man. These are totally awesome. Keep up the good work!

Even if it's kinda simple I especially love the dragon recolors.

16. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

aaah damage sprite looks fine to me o 3 o/ the only advice I have is maybe check out what other MV default's damage sprites and maybe working something out with showing legs n' what those look like but-- there's not many for that o m o;.... hmmm
    well I was gonna release these sooner or later over on the base sprites thread u 3 u/  but been working on downed/damaged sprites:
    [​IMG]

17. NicoLican

NicoLican Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

You can make these sprites damage for this hiddenone sprites ?

TV_Body_p01.png

TV_Body_p02.png

18. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I love the poses. Very useful! :) Is there any chance you're doing more of them?

19. Saikazo

Saikazo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is absolutely perfect! Thank you for doing all this!!

20. eikira

eikira Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    and i decided to sign up on this page and to thank you many times for this great work!

amazing. thank you thank you thank you

EDIT:

i am not good in making such things, i tryed, to make a turban for the character generator. it is ok for the first atempt and without talent in drawing. and since you take many suggestions, i wanted to ask if you are realy bored, would it be possible to make a turban?

like i said, i am not gifted to make such things.

TV_AccA_p09.png

SV_AccA_p09.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016