whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know if this was asked before, but I will be greatful for a reply:
Am I allowed to use these sprites if I use RPG Maker VXAce? or are they MV exclusive? (I mean: is it legally allowed?)
I personally don't mind if you use them for VXA, but since the majority of the sprites -are- edits or built off of the original MV sprites, it's a bit of a legal gray area and would fall under the RPG maker creator's legal rules. If you do not own MV, you do not have the license to use them.

having said that... A portion of the sprites I did build from the ground up, and do not follow that MV guideline. allow me to list them:
Pomeranians
Baby chicks
Seagull
Ostrich
penguins
Monkeys
All animals under the "very small animals" tag
All animals under the "fishes" tag
Golems
Walking mushroom
Mini mushroom men
Running radish
Kasa-obake
Kappa
Ghosts
Ariman
Catbear
Werewolf/wolfbeast
Behemoth
all animals under the "dragons" tab EXCEPT for the "dragon recolors" and "cute fat lil' dragons" (as the wings come from MV sprites)

DrewRobo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really awesome sprites!

I have a question on the sheet of a soldier riding a horse. MV doesn't capture the entire sprite- is there some adjustment I need to make to the sprite sheet for it to work properly?

Specifically, when I create an event with the image, MV only captures a small portion, not the whole sprite.

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Really awesome sprites!

I have a question on the sheet of a soldier riding a horse. MV doesn't capture the entire sprite- is there some adjustment I need to make to the sprite sheet for it to work properly?

Specifically, when I create an event with the image, MV only captures a small portion, not the whole sprite.
it's a 4 frame animation as with the other running horse sprite animations. These are specifically ment to be used with a plugin that would allow for 4 frame or more animations and is likely the issue. Since I can't be sure what plugins you would be using, I can't offer much advice on fixing the issue past that and you would have to look into the plugin you're using for more help instead.
If you insist on using he sprite without a plugin and try to make it work on the default MV settings, what you would do is cut out a row of the sprite vertically so you have 3 rows worth of sprites not 4. When I originally made the sprites, I tried to squeeze them down to 3 frames, but the animation wasn't looking right to me so I ended up doing a 4 frame animation instead. Others have done this for their own game so I know it's possible, but I still think it looks strange.

kiriyubel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I personally don't mind if you use them for VXA, but since the majority of the sprites -are- edits or built off of the original MV sprites, it's a bit of a legal gray area and would fall under the RPG maker creator's legal rules. If you do not own MV, you do not have the license to use them.

having said that... A portion of the sprites I did build from the ground up, and do not follow that MV guideline. allow me to list them:
Pomeranians
Baby chicks
Seagull
Ostrich
penguins
Monkeys
All animals under the "very small animals" tag
All animals under the "fishes" tag
Golems
Walking mushroom
Mini mushroom men
Running radish
Kasa-obake
Kappa
Ghosts
Ariman
Catbear
Werewolf/wolfbeast
Behemoth
all animals under the "dragons" tab EXCEPT for the "dragon recolors" and "cute fat lil' dragons" (as the wings come from MV sprites)
Thank you very much!

LeetMusic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a wonderful resource. Thank you so much!

LeetMusic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do users of these files credit or compensate the creator?

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do users of these files credit or compensate the creator?
as it's said at the top of the post:

Terms:

• As these are (mostly) edits of MV's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker MV, otherwise~~
  • Credit is appreciated, but not required.
  • They are free to use for commercial or non commercial.
  • You are free to edit, change, recolor, re-edit, remix, maim, mangle, add on, divide, and conquer to your heart's content. I don't even mind if you re-upload them elsewhere as it would only mean more people get access to them and that is A-OK in my books

meaning you're free to use them in any way shape or form. You're free to credit me or not, I don't mind.

EarthMother

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello my friend!

I love what you have done here and I am quite appreciative of the work you have done!
I will be sure to credit you and incorporate these sprites within my new upcoming game (The Plague of 2020) I would be happy to send you a copy as well when it is finished!

On a side note, I had started editing some of the base sprites in RPG Maker (which took quite a long time) before I realized that you had this resource. By this time I had already made 2 sheets of cats and half of a sheet of dogs!

I thought I would share the side story as well as once again saying thank you. With you making these, you are saving me countless hours of work and stressing trying to find the time to make everything myself!

Until your next time, I would love to talk more about this!

-Namer of the Guardian

Moon_Haven

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just stumbled on this thread. Absolutely amazing work, thank you so much for sharing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana