whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Dec 23, 2015.

1. brunovisk2

brunovisk2 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Very nice work! WhtDragon I loved those horses!
    do you plan to make them as sv battlers too?

2. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I currently have no plans to make any of the animals SV battlers, although that could be interesting to see.

3. Portkey89

Portkey89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    THESE ARE SO CUTE!!!!

All of them are so cute!  *can't handle!*

SkySurfer likes this.
  4. SkySurfer

SkySurfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    `You should really make a bizon/bull have saddles and mini bags too. Some farmers might want to ride them to work or for travelling, maybe to battle too?  :guffaw:

5. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fantastic job!

If you find any spare time, can you edit a white horse to transform him into Unicorn? :) I tried, spent 7 hours -  but my "pixel art skill" sux and results are not anything useable :)

6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    eeeh that's an easy edit u w u/ I can do that

[​IMG]
    this is partly why I'm considering putting mythological/fantasy animals in a separate post, since I know so many animals could be changed like this and the post could maybe become bloated with too much--- Also I have separate horns so you can stick them on other animals and people if you'd like o w o/

SkySurfer and DBDragoner like this.
  7. Yuudai

Yuudai Burritoman! Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    DUDE I cannot get enough of your sprites I love them all! please keep them coming!  B)

I even thought about making a zoo game just for a second because I wanted to use all your sprites x)

Any plans on doing more Fish? I want fish...gimme more fish! 

[​IMG]

SkySurfer likes this.
  8. SkySurfer

First Language:
    English
    `Check out those HORSE RECOLORS!!!! Get your tribe horses RIGHT HERE!!!  :guffaw:  

Thanks a lot! Such an Amazing Recolors!!!  ;)  

9. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    o - o;

*quickly puts fish up on priority*

Iliketea likes this.
  10. Yuudai

Yuudai Burritoman! Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    haha appreciate it! keep up the good work!

[​IMG]

11. Kilitar

Kilitar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for beautifull unicorn :) .

I am able to recolor it into black and Nightmare version now. 

When I did mine it moves very weird and horn looked more like man private parts than like horn :p

Your unicorn is perfect :) .

12. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This. I might find use for the other animals, but there's one in particular I needed for my game, and this one looks great.

Of course, I'd also like face graphics and battler sprites for that animal, but, eh, one thing at a time.

13. Derex000

Derex000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your pixel art is an inspiration! I'm curious, do you go at it pixel by pixel or do you use a more painterly style? I'm working on pixel art myself so I'm curious if I can pick up any tips.

Side note: FIRST POST I'VE EVER MADE ON THIS SITE YAY! Even tho I've been creeping in the shadows for a while now.

14. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Went ahead and added mythological animals section and added the unicorn since I figure a lot of people would be looking for one u 3 u/

As for face graphics and side view battlers;

while I do try and keep to the MV style for my sprites, I'm not really confidant in my abilities to do the same for the artwork style found in the facesets---at least not yet.
    I still have no current plans on making any SV battlers for the animals, mainly because I think that'd take a lot more time then the simple walking animations I've made o 3 o/-- keep in mind I have made nearly 30 unique animals so far, and that's not counting recolors (I have over 20 recolors for horses alone) so it'd take a LOT of time to do SV battlers for each one if I decided to do that. having said that, I still might consider sitting down and doing SV battlers of specific animals someday u w o; but I'd like to get a lot of animal sprites out now~ liven them game worlds up more~

I really do appreciate all the kind words and feedback though / w \ and glad everyone really enjoys the sprites~ believe it or not, you're only seeing a small portion of sprite work I'm doing, I just upload what I feel is considered ready to release. I'm also working on other things too, which I hope I'll get to post up eventually.

until next post, seeya u w o~!

15. SkySurfer

First Language:
    English
    I'm very excited for the RESOURCES EXPLOSION!!  :guffaw:  Everybody watch out for a HUGE RELEASE!  ;)  

16. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I understand. Believe me, I wish I could draw well enough just to make overworld sprites like these; I can only do very simple edits for the most part. I may hire an artist in the future, but for the time being, I'm using placeholders for anything that I can't use the character creator or my own limited art skills to make, barring what I can pull off this forum.

At least now one of my non-human characters has the correct species represented on the overworld. I was using a human with cat ears, which looked pretty silly given he's not supposed to be humanoid at all. Even if I hire that artist and they want to recreate the sprite differently, it will look that much less silly until then.

(Could also use wyvern sprites. You, personally, don't have to make them, but it is something I'll ultimately need. Just sayin'.)

(And if anyone has guessed why I need a wyvern and one of the animals from this topic, please keep it to yourself until I'm ready to announce it properly. Thanks.)

17. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
     I wanna do some wyverns and dragons eventually! I might not be able to get to do any for awhile though, but we'll see what I can get done I guess o 3 o/

Σ◎ ヮ ◎;;   s-such pressure! No huge releases quite yet! haha

SkySurfer and PandaMaru like this.
  18. SkySurfer

First Language:
    English
    `Don't pressure yourself. We can wait.  :p

19. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    lil' small update added some new fish types /o3o/ not many, just wanted to get a few up since they seem to be a thing to have~ but now someone's gotta make a fish tank for the modern stuff!

I swear that'll be the last update for at least a few days />w<; happy game making everyone~

SkySurfer likes this.
  20. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Very useful, thanks! Totally gonna steal all the aquatic animals for use in my underwater dungeon~

Also more mythological creatures like wyverns and dragons sounds amazing. There can never be enough of them IMO. Definitely go for it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016