whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Dec 23, 2015.

1. sillycheese

sillycheese Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    These are amazing

2. Sinnistar

Sinnistar Star of Aegis Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How do I fix it so the larger ones work? In the MV events I can't get it centered on the animals, but instead it's like 1 part of them like a leg and the head of the other next to it. What would I need to do to fix it so they work properly in the RTP?

3. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If you notice in the default RTP, larger sprites can be used via renaming the file name and adding a ! to the front of the name. If it is a single character sheet (which is just 4 rows of 3 frame images) you add a $ in front of the name instead.

I tried to remember to put in the ! but yeah I forget. lol It's an easy fix though u w u/ If that still doesn't fix it lemme know which one exactly you're having problems with and I'll take a look at it.

4. tati light

tati light Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread. The animals are wonderful.

You are very good with the animation!

5. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ! doesn't change the grid the maker uses to cut the frames for the charsets. It's only deactivate the 6 px shift upwards. D:

You must rearrange the sprites on the sets to make them work.

SkySurfer likes this.
  6. The Infamous Bon Bon

The Infamous Bon Bon Executive Geek Member

First Language:
    English
    Yeah it's the $ added at the beginning that lets you use the single character, 3 frame 4 direction images. Also you can use both $ and ! On the same file.

Loving all the new stuff whtdragon.

SkySurfer likes this.
  7. Yuudai

Yuudai Burritoman! Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    I want to thank you mr.whtdragon for this great fish update!

you sir deserve a big cheesy badge, there you go:  :thumbsup-right:

[​IMG]

keep up the good work!

8. BigToastie

BigToastie Veteran Veteran

Does anyone have a 4frame plugin for MV that they would recommend using?

Sorted, Galv's Character Frames works perfectly :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  9. BigToastie

The Frog Pages, what frames do these need to be set as? as the pages at present seem to bug out quite badly ( I could be doing something obviously wrong )

the 4 frame horses work amazingly btw!

EDIT : I know I am doing something wrong but this is whats happening on various character sets:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  10. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

You need to separate it out into two individual files for each horse, or group it into a larger one.

11. RocketKnight

RocketKnight Broke with expansive taste Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Good luck it your resources, they are amazing! Can you make an Hydra or Kraken (big size)?

12. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    the frogs don't exactly have the smoothest of animations, which is SUPER apparent with the larger sprites- mostly out of comedic effect.

looked up the large frogs though, turns out I had left/right backwards o 3 o; is fixed now~ other then that though is there any other problems?

edit: turns out small ones had the same problem! oops! fixed and updated to the original post!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    As for some of the sprites, like the black and white horses, not all of them are made for sprite sheets. while I did try to make many of the recolors and newer sprites more sprite sheet friendly, the earlier ones are not, so you will have to add them into a sheet on your own. Fortunately, all animals except for a few of the newer fish ones (which I did make sure would be in their own sheet) all fit within the 48x48 defaults, so it shouldn't be too hard to add them into a set.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    PandaMaru likes this.
  13. BigToastie

All sorted now mate, thank you for the resources btw, they help fill out and add something extra to maps!! :)

14. TheUsernameFound

TheUsernameFound Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh wow, all these are so amazing.

15. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    new update u w o7 I wanted to get these out before my birthday tomorrow, sooo consider this an early birthday surprise!

I'm quickly finding out that large sprites are taking up a LOT more time, especially if they're not straight up edits.

On Kirin/Qilin, Carbuncle, the Kraken and other such things: I kept them fairly generic, and in the case of Kirin and Carbuncle, I mostly based their designs off of RPG maker 2003's battle sprites, though I did leave alternative color pallets from more popular variants like the final fantasy series, and other variant colors for other potential uses. Kirin even comes with two versions, one with a single horn and one with traditional antler horns.  I do not particularly like making sprites that are very obviously from a specific game or movie since those can be very specific and it can end up being a lot of work I could be using on more interesting or sought after things, so I don't think you'll be expecting anything like that from me anytime soon. (though if enough people say so, I might do a chocobo sometime I dunno)

The Kraken is of course mostly just a boss-esk sprite with separate tentacles for moving around and animating. Nothing too impressive about him other then he's kind of animate-able -- I liked the big bad boss's sprite from RPG XP that had his arms separated out to do the same thing so I imagine anyone that's messed with XP any will appreciate that at least.

The giant chicken sprite was made out of a need to get the cockatrice sprite working. I could have made the cockatrice a simple chicken edit, but I wanted something bigger. YAY EXTRA EFFORT~ but I thought it'd be amusing to have this big fat chicken you could have on screen too! It is also pretty much an upscaled version of the default, an easy thing to with pixel resizing~ (that and the larger sprite makes them out to look all rolly polly and having a waddling round fat monster that can turn you into stone amuses me)

Anyways I probably won't be uploading anything for a few days ~ I do have some other stuff planned that I do want to upload that isn't animals though, at least one of which is close enough to getting finished, so maybe I'll get to upload it and something else sometime next week.

Enjoy for now u w o~!

16. Asterism

Asterism Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    These are incredible. Thank you so much for this!

17. SkySurfer

SkySurfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    WOW THAT'S A HUGE SHARK AND THE OCTOPUS IS AMAZING!! THE BOSS BATTLE IS ON!!!  :guffaw:

Awesome creations as always Whtdragon!  ;)    Hmmmnnn... it got me thinkin' ....when will be the dragons be released?  :p  

18. The Infamous Bon Bon

The Infamous Bon Bon Executive Geek Member

First Language:
    English
    So many more nice sprites.

Carbuncle makes me think of Luna in Sailor Moon, which is adorable.  I love the cockatrice, the big fat chicken has so many humorous uses as well.

19. Nimbus

Nimbus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are incredible. And there are so many of them too! Thank you so much for all this work whtdragon. I think some of these will definitely be finding their way into a few of my projects.

20. Yuudai

Yuudai Burritoman! Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    @whtdragon

KRAKEN!? really!?

can you read minds or something? I was like HELL YEAH!

[​IMG]

I insist that you create a support banner for us to show you our never ending LOVE FOR YOUR SPRITES AND THIS THREAD!

RIGHT NOW!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    SkySurfer likes this.