whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Dec 23, 2015.

1. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

someone mentioned Krakens at some point in the thread o 3 o; and that sounded like a thing I could do~!

as for banners...?
    https://i.imgur.com/MGBdwks.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BtLtB63.jpg

super tiny:

https://i.imgur.com/nOuv9Mk.png

(I dunno how to put in images from the new forum format . _ . )

Hitzuki Key and SkySurfer like this.
  2. SwarleyPilgrim

SwarleyPilgrim Internet Billionaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    These are beautiful, and bring a tear to my eye! So much appreciation! =D 

3. Yuudai

Yuudai Burritoman! Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    You definitely did a great job! Keep it up!

oh and thanks for the banners :D

Signature update complete!

SkySurfer likes this.
  4. Subzero Dragon

Subzero Dragon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    These are incredible~! I'm totally using some of these, especially the saddled horses! If I may make a request, I'd like a small/baby dragon. My game features a young dragon and the default dragon doesn't even have side or back graphics. Plus, its hardly a baby...

P.S.: I'm pretty good at imitating MV's faceset style. If you'd like me to try making faces for your critters, I'll happily give it a shot!

SkySurfer likes this.
  5. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are incredible. Thank you so much for sharing!!

*Edit*

I am not sure if you have noticed, but under the Farm Animals --> Recolored Cows, the second one is not consistent. When looking left it has a grey patch around it's eye in the first frame. When looking down it has it in frames 1 and 2, but not 3. And when looking right it doesn't have a grey patch in frame 1, but does in 2 & 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

aaah right right I forgot to fix that u 3 o;; lemme tell ya, the animal I've had the most problems with is spotted cows lol like no kidding, the cows in general have given me more problems then any other animal. I'll fix it in the next update though /o w o/~ which won't be long, but it's a pretty easy fix compared to some of the past errors I've had before

mbncd and Shinma like this.
  7. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem at all. Glad I could help, and again, thank you for doing these!

8. masterorochimaru

masterorochimaru Villager Member

u really MASTER! !thanks! !thanks! !thanks! !thanks! !thanks! 

9. Kunabee

Kunabee Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I showed my mom your sprites, and she said "Those wolves look more like bears to me."

She then gave some suggestions; point the ears up a little more and make the ears bigger.

I wouldn't say anything but YOU mentioned you weren't 100% happy with them so I don't know, I thought I'd throw in the advice of my wonderful mother.

mbncd and SkySurfer like this.
  10. Bloom

Bloom Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    How do I download... I plan to attempt to make a Harvest Moon style game.

11. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

easiest way is to right click on the images you want and save the images o 3 o/
    be warned though, not all of them are proper sprite sheets that RPG maker recognizes, so you may have to do some editing

12. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    @whtdragon I can't do much to thank you for those cool animals so please let me offer you this little banner I made as a token of my appreciation.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    yunary, ct_bolt and SkySurfer like this.
  13. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    we got dragons folks /o w o;;/ wyverns too! Hope they're useful to someone!
    I even included some really cute ones with butterfly wings in case anyone wanted super adorable baby dragon types. I DID have a few other dragons in the works, but none of them really turned out nicely enough to upload.  Unfortunately, no dragons or wyverns have alternative sitting/flying types, at least not yet. I want to to kind of have a wide variety of dragon types that'd be easy enough to work on and expand by anyone. They're all fairly generic and I think they can all work well enough for anyone's needs.
    I made some more cow recolors, even though everytime I do it I sware I'll never add anymore again because specifically cows for whatever reason are such a pain to recolor and add spots to, but it's because I would never wish doing that on my worst enemies that I've taken it upon myself to go ahead and make more with the hopes that no one will ever have to make anymore cows again
    for the mythological monsters/creatures; I noticed walking mushroom men where usually something that RPG maker has had in the past. the top 4 sprites specifically are ment for easy editing, the bottom 4 are just various styles and types. The running radish I just made because I thought it'd be hilarious to have one running around, and I decided to make various recolors such as a carrot color palette and potato palette. As for Kasa-Obake, for those that don't know is a possessed umbrella, and they're probably among my favorite found in Japanese folklore. Why that and not Kappa or something that'd be more common? eeeeh-- I feel like Kappa is maybe borderline into humanoid territory and I'm trying to keep this particular thread to animals and critters of interest. If/when I start doing more humanoid types then I'll consider maybe putting them in, I'm not sure yet.

Also shoutout to those that requested animals o w o/~ you guys helpped expand the list, thanks a lot~ And since I have been getting messages about this lately: yes you can most definitely absolutely make busts and facesets, or recolors or whatever you want from these resources. you have my permission to recolor, redistribute, and even reupload, add onto, including for busts, SV battlers, icons, and whatever you need or want to do. I am all for sharing and creating and encouraging more sharing and creating  ( o w o)-b

enjoy the new update~

Chaos17, SkySurfer and Subzero Dragon like this.
  14. Derex000

Derex000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm weeping here. Everything you make is so fantastic and now you have MUSHROOM PEOPLE and RUNNING RADISHES. Give me a moment- I'm crying out of joy. A few suggestions/ideas for more animals: Monkey, sea snake, alligator/crocodile, and more kinds of ghost things. Like wisps that lead people into bogs to their deaths or skeleton cats/bears/etc.

Please never stop doing what you're doing because YOU. ARE. AMAZING!

15. Subzero Dragon

Subzero Dragon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh wow, these new sprites are teh adorbz, love them all! I am delighted that you did baby dragons, SQUEE~!! Now to cook up some of those faces... :D

EDIT: Here's some animal ideas to try if you're feeling up to it. How about for classic mythical/monsters, a flying snake/wyrm, a sphinx, or gryphon! You might also try a basilisk, or even a hydra if you're feeling gutsy! 

I love yokai too, and I'm a bit of a yokai-freak, haha. (I'll explain the lesser-known yokai, for the non-otakus out here.) If you're feeling brave and want to do humanoid yokai, I suggest yasha, oni, and of course tengu. As for non-human yokai, how about some various other tsukumogami? (Possessed items that wander around after being owned for 100 years) I get the grins thinking about a "possessed" pair of tabi wandering about without their wearer. ;)  Ashiarai Yashiki are freakin' hilarious in my book too. (A giant foot-demon who demands to be washed.) And who could possibly forget tanooki (tanuki)? Love me those raccoon dogs.

I have tons more ideas, particularly about the yokai, but I don't want to sound demanding. Just seeing what you have here is awesome, and I love what you've done!  Keep up the amazing work~!

EDIT 2: Ah, I couldn't help myself! Here's a unicorn face (gold horn) to start! Anyone who wants to use this is welcome to, but it needs to be put into a face set sheet to be usable. (Recolor and edit of horse face.)

Unicorn.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  16. SkySurfer

SkySurfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Simply amazing!  :guffaw:

` Love the running radish! 

17. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    I just want to say WOW you're so awesome thank you for everything its really a good quality and I cant wait to see what you're going to do next thank you again :D

18. yunary

yunary Resource Maker Veteran

First Language:
    romanian
    Wow,that dragons,just let you with no words,I needed these,and you made baby dragons too!! That's exactly what I searched so long for my game,and the best result I could find was the lil dragon you see on my signature image.

Your work is so great,everything from the mythical creatures to the running horses,is just WOW!!

And you have so much dedication,you made so many creatures!!

I respect you for your beautiful work.

Thank you @whtdragon 

SkySurfer likes this.
  19. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the wyvern sprites. Maybe a mite too large for what I need them for, though (though actually only a mite). That said, it's certainly better than anything I could do on my own, and I'm considering most artwork assets potentially temporary at this point in time regardless of source anyway, sooo... it'll do fine for now. :)

20. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

funny you should mention that o 3 o; I've thought about making a skeleton horse, but the sprite didn't really pan out like I wanted. Also thought about making Alligators and crocodiles! Wisps and ghosts would be easy though u w o~ and I do have a monkey sprite that's kind of terribbleee lol I'll see what I can do

I've thought about doing all those things /o 3 o/~! funny enough I had a chimera in the works before a basilisk or gryphon, and I definitely thought about doing a Hydra boss sprite.

the thing about yokai is there's just simply not enough representation of them in sprite forms >wo; even over the years of messing with RPG maker I have a really hard time really thinking of any instance where I saw many if any yokai, despite all the massive amounts of Japanese themed tilesets and character sets. I suppose I can understand it, since there can be A LOT, but I wanted to make a few things that'd be fun /u w u/

much appreciated o w o7 I'm just an average artist who likes to sprite for fun + w +

the smaller wyverns aren't actually much larger then the horse, not counting the tail or wing spans, but yeah /o 3 o/ wyvern sizes what can ya do, right? funny enough I ALMOST made a really small one today, but he'd be more geared towards like overworld map vehicle stuff. now that I think about it--- there ARE no dragon sprites for overworld flight o m o; mmmm welp guess that's on my list next!

anyways thanks guys /o w o/~ I'll see about what needs to be made next n' stuff! Oh yeah and I totally forgot, I fixed one of my earlier cow uploads o 3 o/ someone pointed out it was lacking spots. yeeaah go me~

in case anyone was interested in knowing what animals and creatures I've considered making but haven't done or haven't gotten around to doing (note, I may or may not do all of these, depending on time/difficulty, though I really hope I can sometime eventually get them all)

animals: kangaroos, alligators, large sized lizards, salamanders, scorpions, porcupines, skunks, dinosaurs like raptors, triceratops and mammoths, rhinos, more cat and dog species, mountain goats, baby animals, more bird types, spider,
    fish/water based: puffer fish, catfish, seals, dolphins, eels, giant sea snails, large hermit crabs, seahorses, jellyfish
    mythological:gargoyles, imps, ghosts/spirits, golems, phoenix, chimera, manicore, hippogriff, griffon, kelpie, kappa, tanuki, goblin, sahagin, trents,
    dragons: leviathan, hydra, more dragon types in general,  four legged walking types and maybe adult/baby versions of the ones I've posted already.