Whtdragon's icons

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So took a break from spriting last night and did some drawing/sketches and decided to turn some of them into icons u w u/ because I can also draw too~ plus I noticed that some folks where probably looking for more artsy colorful icons~ I don't know how often I'll expand on these since I still wanna do a lot of sprite work, but I can draw stuff quicker then I can sprite things, so I dunno we'll see how it goes!

Terms:

• Credit is appreciated, but not required.
    • They are free to use for commercial or non commercial.
    • You are free to edit, change, recolor, re-edit, remix, maim, mangle, add on, divide, and conquer to your heart's content. I don't even mind if you re-upload them elsewhere as it would only mean more people get access to them and that is A-OK in my books
    • Recommanded for MV though can be used for other engines.

[​IMG]

New~ Whole bunch of new special attacks, mainly for weapons, a few shield/defensive types and a few small icons for stats~ Also included some basic emotion icons

[​IMG]

Crystals! Lots of different colors!
    [​IMG]
    Transparent images:
    human/character based:
    [​IMG]

weapon samples:
    [​IMG]

Items and extras:
    Coins!
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully the start of a big undertaking here but:
    new status effects icons! With a whole lot of new variations of defaults, different/extended statuses like zombification and freeze, and even some weather icons for those who want icons for your weather cycles
    [​IMG]
    FINALLY some armor! Both in green and the classic black to match the above abilities icons! No icons without backgrounds yet, but that's -only- because I want to get more stuff out and release it all in one big download eventually
    [​IMG]
    updates:
    Dec. 22 2017; added status effects and armor

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    M.I.A., Sugar12138, atoms and 68 others like this.
  2. Strange_Dragon_99

Strange_Dragon_99 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You are awesome!!!! ALL of your resources are so good! Please, keep it up!!! 

3. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    thanks o w o/

Actually I've been kind of wanting to do icons for awhile o 3 o; but just haven't had time from all the sprite stuff. I do have a question for everyone though, if I do start doing more icons what kind of stuff would you guys like to see o 3 o? I kind of had the idea to just fill in stuff that MV's defaults don't have, or expanding skill icons, but if folks like the nice black background stuff I could try and expand on it for items and more common stuff.

I've been considering doing a patron account for awhile, and one of the things I got to thinking about last night was possibly offering the original sized drawn images I used to make the icons for it. They're roughly 160x160 and get sized down to the 32x32 size. I've also considered offering them in a PSD format so folks can go in and make their own icons or additions. (since PSD files can be fairly universal to most programs) Is that something people would be interested in? I dunno, I figured I'd ask.

anyways here's a little preview of what I've been working on for icons:
    [​IMG]

4. The Infamous Bon Bon

The Infamous Bon Bon Executive Geek Member

First Language:
    English
    I was wondering if you had the icons without the black background so I  could make them whichever color I decide to go with.

I think getting the 160 x 160 originals would be nice, maybe they could be used in other ways.  The PSD files would be handy too.

Personally I think expanding on skill icons would be the most helpful, but I certainly wouldn't complain about other kinds.

5. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe basic equipment/weapons to match the style?

6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

probably eventually \o 3 o/~!

7. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    added some stuff u 3 u/~ I really should be working on more elemental based icons though.

I decided to give just basic transparent icons for the human characters for now, figured folks might like to play with those at least, and I feel like there's waay less of them then anything else. They also look the nicest/clearest and probably would translate the best into other icon styles if anyone chooses to use them for other stuff.

The weapon samples is more of a test to see how well I can draw weapons and have them sized down. they look kind of okay but I'm not sure on them. Still they too have transparency so folks can try 'em out I guess.

8. DerpyPancake

DerpyPancake A Waffle Member

First Language:
    English
    o_O You are amazing. Love your work, keep it up!

9. HeroicJay

HeroicJay Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a rapier battle sprite I pulled from someone else's topic here, but I'd been using a scimitar graphic for its icon. I think I'll just borrow that rapier icon then...

10. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

yep o w o/ that's fine~ I noticed rapiers where a somewhat popular alternative to the normal swords and katanas. I'm actually working on more base weapon types, so I hope I get to cover a pretty wide range of stuff. Any suggestions or ideas are also appreciated!

thanks u w u/

11. HeroicJay

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, suggestions for weapon icons? Then how about a boomerang?

DerpyPancake likes this.
  12. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

in the works as we speak  - w -) -b

HeroicJay likes this.
  13. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    added new icons and some new transparent weapons u w u/ working on making weaponsets that matches the icons along with other stuff. the icon set itself comes with horror themed and more furturistic themes as well as added new elemental icons! alas some of the details have been lost in the resizing, but that's okay I guess!

The Infamous Bon Bon likes this.
  14. HeroicJay

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, that's more like it. Certainly better than the boomerang sprite I'd been using, which I drew myself. I'm... not really much of a graphical artist. Like, at all. I can do the dialogue, the maps (to a degree), the coding, and the music, but make me draw and (at least in my opinion) it all comes out awful.

Well, that's one less thing that will look bad next month.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  15. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Minor lil' update /o w o/ I've been practicing drawing crystal items n' stuff and thought some of them looked alright as icons so tada~!

[​IMG]
    lots of different colors too \o A o/~ the shapes from top to bottom are moon, oval, teardrop, star, diamond/shard, maiden/princess, and the last shape is a kind of flying type of thing~ Also included rainbow colored stones u w o; and a few other multicolored stones. Not really looking to release transparent versions, though if I do, I'd only do the original blue ones I made, since the transparent ones are more for people to use/edit on their own.

The Infamous Bon Bon likes this.
  16. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Handsome work whtdragon!!

17. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've been having some mild computer issues, still working a few kinks out so I've been slow to do much work until I'm sure things are back in order, but I have at least done a little bit here and there that I hopefully will be able to update soon!

In the meantime I have made some coins in a few common colors!
    [​IMG]

from top to bottom, a faceless/plain coin, a cow coin, an emblem patterned coin, a paw print coin and a chicken coin that I had made first and decided I could make a few more of that'd be fun.

enjoy~

The Infamous Bon Bon and Chaos17 like this.
  18. Strange_Dragon_99

Strange_Dragon_99 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wow, the last I looked you just had a few icons up. You've been busy! Still, awesome stuff. I really like the coins. Everything is awesome but those are really great! 

19. Little Adventurer

Little Adventurer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The icon that the hands holding the little pink heart, it reminds me of a certain popular RPG... ;) Was that intentional?

20. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

while some of the icons where somewhat inspired by various RPGs and MMOs (as a kind of freely available alternative) that particular one I don't think had any nod to any RPGs that I remember o ヮ o;; so I'm not quite sure which one you're referring to! lol