Whtdragon's icons

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    It's me or there isn't any icons of like ATK UP or Down and similar stuff ?

2. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

naaah there isn't - yet.

The way I see it, a lot of folks have already made a lot of status based icons, but not a lot of interesting skill based icons. Not that I won't make some myself but I felt like adding stuff that others haven't gotten around to doing quite yet u w o

3. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I understand but none made in your style BD

4. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    new icons u w o~ whole buncha stuff including weapon attacks of various kinds, stats up/down some emotes, and a few extra resources for folks to add onto themselves~ I would have gotten this out sooner, but I've also been working on new sprites too o A o; so yeaah

SkySurfer likes this.
  5. Ilan14

Ilan14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    These new icons are really good! And I'm glad that you added stat icons to the batch! :D

Do you think you'll make icons for items and equipment in the future?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

ah hahah o ヮ o;; we'll have to wait and see~ I have however started working on some of the weapons, but equipment miiight be awhile considering I'm working on other stuff too /)- w -;; but I hope this'll tide folks over for awhile /o w o/~

Ilan14 likes this.
  7. Ilan14

Ilan14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Cool! Thanks for the answer! :)

8. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These all look amazing.

Would it be possible upload versions without the black square background? The background makes them look substantially different than the other icons I'm using, so if I'm serious about using these I'd need to paste that background under every other icon I use to make them match.

9. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Most of them where made for a black background in mind o 3 o; while some of them would look okay with a different color, a good chunk of them probably wouldn't. You're free to experiment with them though! It's possible to make the black transparent when you're pasting them over other icons via layers (assuming the program you're using has layers) and setting those layers to different settings, but it's something you'd have to play around with.

Here's a chat for future use by anyone curious or needs help (btw you can use this method and similar ones to salvage old or messed up drawings, or ones that have been colored and you want to start fresh) Also; yes you will likely need to do a little cleanup on it.

[​IMG]

linear dodge, screen, lighten and color dodge will usually turn most dark colors into a transparent or at least blend into the color that's behind them. linear light, hard light, linear burn, multiply and darken will all do the same for white/light colors. This can also be effected by the color or colors that's behind too so it's definitely not a one size fixes all solution. Overlay for example can do either depending on where it's layer sits. You will likely still have to play around with the different layer settings as names and functions are going to be a little different depending on the program you're using~

As for actually doing this myself: maybe later, it's not really up on my top priorities at the moment since I got lots of stuff to do /o A o/ but I hope this helps at least~

10. Maidlyn

Maidlyn Secretly a Mermaid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really like the crystal icons! :D

11. Volimance

Volimance Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    WOOOOOOOT!
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
    Finally, not just another recolor of the Ace/VX icons!
    These are beautiful wonderful and gorgeous!
    Thank you!

12. TheGuyver

TheGuyver Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't suppose you're going to do a master sheet of these with proper formatting anytime soon, are you?

13. palinskyjoe

palinskyjoe affable madman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@TheGuyver it actually is really easy to make an icon sheet yourself! Use Photoshop, Gimp, whatever program you prefer (I personally love GIMP for RPG Maker projects) and the template found here: 

Open the icon files and the template in whatever program you're using. Create a new layer on the template and copy/paste the icons into this new layer (positioning them appropriately with the template border). 

It takes almost no time at all and you can keep adding to the length of your sheet if you want to include additional icons that you discover.

Whether or not you have experience with pixel art/graphic design you'll have no problem with this one (as long as you have patience). Hopefully this helps :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016
  14. TheGuyver

TheGuyver Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I know how to do it, I just don't have the time to do it between work, school and what free time I actually have to work on my project.

15. Teal Dragona

Teal Dragona Greenhorn/Gym Leader Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I still have no idea what I'd do without you!!  :D

Big fan of crystals! Amazing work whtdragon!

16. Wonderfull Darkness

Wonderfull Darkness Endless Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you think you could put them all into one icon sheet? If it's not much trouble.  :popcorn:

17. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Not anytime soon unfortunately, but if/when I do get around to doing equipment and items (and better status effect icons >>;) I probably will do that. I have been working on some of the equipment stuff, but I've been really busy lately and just haven't had the time to do as much stuff as I've been wanting to.
    I'll get around to it eventually~! /)o w o;;/)

SkySurfer likes this.
  18. Joe Musashi

Joe Musashi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great work!

19. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    alright Imma put these here now to kind of show off what I got going. I already posted them up on twitter, but I figure I'll do a sneak peak here too. I'm not finished with them yet, I have much more, just not finished yet.  I -do- actually like the original style of MV's icons, but back when I was working on the ones I made, I felt like there should be more styles. Having said that though, I did play around with the defaults for awhile, and here's a few of them:

[​IMG]

this includes new special shiny special abilities, 9 different colored currencies (including copper, silver gold, and platinum) a dozen different types of special attack icons, damaged weapon types-- basically broken weapons, some new throw-able weapons, and a new set of collectable drops that range everywhere from bones and skulls to scales, horns, beaks, eyes, mech-type parts, and other things that you'd find from enemy drops.

I'm mostly showing these now for the drops and broken weapons since I think those are things a lot of people would like to use the most, but I'm also looking for some new suggestions for drop types. Particularly for machines since those seem to be woefully underrepresented in the defaults. When I made these, I was thinking about monster hunter, and if you've never played that, basically if you hit specific parts of a monster's body enough times you can break it and get increased chances of drops from that part, so the idea was to come up with as many different drop types as I could.

anyways yeah! suggestions, ideas and thoughts are appreciated! just wanted everyone know I'm still doing stuff I've just been quiet lately!

thanks o w o)-b

20. Joe Musashi

Joe Musashi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great work!