whtdragon's Joke Weapons (now with regular weapons too!)

Andronius

Apprentice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this question every few months, but yes it's normal and intended... it shouldn't be an issue, it should probably automatically change the green into transparency while being used in the program, and I've never had anyone tell me it wouldn't or that they had problems so I never bothered to change them. All the newer ones though do not have green backgrounds. I said awhile back I would fix it and remove the green if someone actually complained about it not working, no one did, so yeah. green backgrounds! Even if it was an issue, it's not like it's particularly hard to remove.
:guffaw: Well, glad to read the green backgrounds are automatically changed into transparency while being used in the program. I have not tried them yet, but now that you say everything is intended I'll give it a try (the green does make them easier to find in the folders LoL). Thanks! :p:thumbsup-left:

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Followed this thread months ago, and it's still awesome. whtdragon is the true hero amongst the forums!

Also, Sci-fi weapons are looking slickkkk. Can't for whatever you do next, man

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whether joke or serious weapons, your stuff looks great, whtdragon! Especially loving the bo staves; they're a favorite of mine, and I hadn't seen them represented in the default MV assets well.

fireflyege

Magic is the destination of all wisdom.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@whtdragon well for me the weapons are not really working. The green background occurs every time my character attacks, if anyone have the background removed versions I would be glad.

I tried using an online photoshop site to remove the background but they require some micromanagement I cannot really have the precision for. You know, the whole thing of ''mark something with red and something with green to remove the green background'' thing.

Last edited:

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@whtdragon well for me the weapons are not really working. The green background occurs every time my character attacks, if anyone have the background removed versions I would be glad.

I tried using an online photoshop site to remove the background but they require some micromanagement I cannot really have the precision for. You know, the whole thing of ''mark something with red and something with green to remove the green background'' thing.
alright fixed all images with the green, they're now all transparent, so everyone rejuice!

AND WHILE I WAS AT IT: NEW UPDATE.

added a bunch of new weapons, added some old ones I made from the thread itself like the paintbush and new hammers. I've added a few new themed sets, the starforged/void weapons, chrome, and lava weapons, along with new weapon types like sword whips, boomerangs, batons, and new claw/glove weapons.

I also made "floater" weapons. These probably do not work well with the default attack animations BUT they should be usable for other animation types like item use, casting or even the ready attack stance instead. I didn't actually test any of these, so feedback would be appreciated, especially since plugins are available to tweak this kind of thing further.

I do have some other weapons on hand, but none of them really look good right now /)- 3 o; and I'm a stickler for quality even if they're free, and probably one of the reasons why it's been taking awhile to post anything new for weapons.

Anyways enjoy /o w o/

edit: oh right totally forgot, I now have a download link for all the weapons

Last edited:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are of course awesome : D (I may have said it before, but I think I use more of your stuff than anyone else's!) Thank you for sharing : )

fireflyege

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually Crystals and Orbs work kinda well with Swing, it seems like you are giving a command to them but of course spell animation works better.

For my Diviner I will use the new books so chant animation will work wonders.

Thank you for all of those stuff. ^^

I would make sure to send a copy of my game but it will be free anyway so I will just send a download link. :D

Last edited:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you consider making a golf club?

Sam Orf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great job bro ! But I am facing a serious problem, I cant seem to put this sheet into use unless I crop the weapons out .. Is it possible to upload a 12 weapons sheet using Weapon animation Yanfly plugin? or do I have to crop according to the right size, etc ..?

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would you consider making a golf club?
how's this?

Great job bro ! But I am facing a serious problem, I cant seem to put this sheet into use unless I crop the weapons out .. Is it possible to upload a 12 weapons sheet using Weapon animation Yanfly plugin? or do I have to crop according to the right size, etc ..?
I'm not sure what you mean? they should work fine as they're the exact same size as the default weapon sheets. (576x384) I haven't used any plugins related to weapons personally so I can't really answer any questions related to them either.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how's this?

I'm not sure what you mean? they should work fine as they're the exact same size as the default weapon sheets. (576x384) I haven't used any plugins related to weapons personally so I can't really answer any questions related to them either.
Wow! Those are amazing!! Thank you soooooo much!!! : D

Stemmer11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As always, your work is phenomenal.

Last edited:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@whtdragon I LOVE the lava set!! Excellent new additions, great work. :)

-MIA

Rinober

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow that's a great addition for many games focusing on battle :) Keep up the good work!

Katlynne Baron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
more boomerangs and maybe chakrams and shuriken because your weapons are awesome

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome work! I especially love the scythes.

Last edited:

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
ok..I might be the stupidest of the bunch but how to install? In system? and then rename?...open system tab in the maker? I see only 6 user defined weapons of choice, thanks for the reply and the good work

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok..I might be the stupidest of the bunch but how to install? In system? and then rename?...open system tab in the maker? I see only 6 user defined weapons of choice, thanks for the reply and the good work
There's a couple of ways to go about doing it, but the most likeliest (<- this does not look like a real word o m o;; ) is using a plugin of some kind that'll let you use multiple weapon animations and types. It depends on what you want to do though. Yanfly's got a popular plugin for giving new defined weapons, and Rexal's got one for lots of features, but there's several others out there.

fireflyege

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@whtdragon I love your work and I will use them on many of my characters. As a person who likes magic more than anything I think the crystals, orbs and tomes are real masterpieces and absolutely needed.

God, I do not know how did I ever think designing my characters without these weapons.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rawegg