whtdragon's Joke Weapons (now with regular weapons too!)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by whtdragon, Apr 2, 2016.

1. BottleCapGames

BottleCapGames Eventing Overlord Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @whtdragon Omg I love these resources they will be so great in my game!

However, quick request. Could you make more scythes? I really the look of them.
    Thanks!:uswt:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. The Working Man

The Working Man Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Great work, the joke weapons are my fav!

3. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Weapons update! I got a little bit of everything this time o 3 o/ Some of these I've posted up on twitter you'll probably recognize some of it, but there should be a lot of surprising new stuff here!
    I also updated the weapons download file to include all the new weapons!

So starting off you'll notice a new addition to the joke weapons, water guns/toy guns! Awhile back someone mentioned something about making splatoon looking paint guns, and since most of the guns there look like nerf and water guns, I decided that'd be a pretty alright thing to get down for anyone interested.

In the Melee based weapons, we have a variety of swords! Not just your typical normal ones but also Rapiers and Katanas! I know Rapiers have been on that list of stuff people have sort of wanted for awhile, and there's been a lot of people who've done several already, but I wanted to go the extra mile. Each rapier has both a thrust and swing animation. I know you don't typically swing them, but for the sake of animation options it's there.
    Ring Blades was a kind of a weak attempt at making something that looks like a glaive, but it didn't really work out too well. Thankfully though, I did actually make some kind of glaive-esk weapon, but they're quite large, so may not be something for everyone. I'll keep working on it though.
    Someone requested more Scythes so there's another sheet of them now. In the instruments catagory I have made new Lutes and Horns! These where both requested items and both I think are good enough to post up. I've actually considered making new battle animations that would accommodate instrument use, like flute or guitar playing, but I've simply not gotten around to it yet.

The last thing in the weapons list is fishing poles! These could be used in a fishing minigame, particularly a plugin of some kind, of you can just use them to smack enemies upside the head. It's a pretty straightforward swing animation.

In the Themed weapons, we have a new forest/vine sprite set, weapons now have a leafy vine/root theme on them. The Devil Theme was something I kind of wanted to do for awhile. I really like the purple monster boss sprite in MV's files, I really like the color palette for it, and I wanted to make weapons based around it's theme and colors. The next themed sets, since I had made a devil theme, I decided to go the opposite way and make Angelic weapons, but while I was making them I figured someone would be asking for a black winged set, so I made two Dark Angel sets. a purple/black and a red/black.

I was surprised I got as much positive feedback on the floating weapons as I did, I didn't really think of the floating weapons to be particularly interesting, but hey you guys gave me a reason to make familiars for it. I call them Fairy dolls. Animated dolls or puppets characters can use to attack with, similar to Lulu from Final Fantasy 10. I've already got a few more ideas for the fairy dolls, so expect more of those later.

Futuristic/Space themed weapons list got a new addition, some more gun types, they look a bit more streamlined then the previous ones I've made looking more like handguns. I'm not super great at futuristic items, but I would like to make more stuff for it, it's just going to take me longer then almost anything else.

Anyways that's that \o w o/ new weapons! I hope it was worth the wait! Questions, comments and suggestions are appreciated and as always, Enjoy~

4. waz

waz Veteran Veteran

@whtdragon Wow. Magnificent works as always. Please do keep it up cause I, if not we, want Moooore!

My personal urges; *Lance/Spear update? *longer Katanas?

Also are you planning to release an SV base set? like have a new set that would be different than the default. Would be looking forward to it! Cheers and Thank you for your works! :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. afternoon700

afternoon700 Villager Member

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oooooooooooh I love you <3

6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, no lol I wasn't planning on releasing a new base set. I have already made several SV animations though! It's the same style, but with more unique animation options, I just won't put them up into their own base set, for a variety of reasons.

Longer katanas are simply not possible under the normal base weapon sizes. If I did make them, you would absolutely need a plugin for it, and I'm not particularly interested in making plugin specific stuff right now. I'll look into the lances though!

7. waz

waz Veteran Veteran

@whtdragon Ayt, copy that :D
    As to the lances,rapiers are you planning to try out on having them some "swing/thrust" aesthetics too?
    Anyways, thank again for your works!~

8. Lord Nanfoodle

Lord Nanfoodle Sage of the Order of the Onigiri Member

Trapped in a "Very Special Episode" of Blossom
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dude, you had me at "spoon." :ywink:

9. Rogue Milk

Rogue Milk Veteran Veteran

@whtdragon your work is amazing. I'm a big fan.
    When are you going to consider making matching icons for your weaponsets?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  10. Past Midnight Gaming

Past Midnight Gaming The Midnight Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Omg how have i not seen this before. Those Katanas are gorgeous!!! Random idea for a weapon theme: Time (like clockwork and stuff) or more food type weapons!

11. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love the horns!! Great work @whtdragon !!

-MIA

12. Ungragu

Ungragu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah, these are AWESOME!!!! Although perhaps you could add some halberds, or possibly some Uzis (or something like that).

13. ramedina12345

ramedina12345 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    how to use double blade and glaives? i mean for swing, thrust?

14. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's a swing

15. Animator111

Animator111 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love the "housewife" weapons... rings a few bells from everyday life! :stickytongue:

16. kazeharuhime

kazeharuhime Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, please! :D

17. fireflyege

fireflyege Magic is the destination of all wisdom. Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Animator111 know despair! My silver spoon of DESTINY will show you no mercy!

18. Supreme

Supreme Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great work, can't wait to use some of these.

19. SauloCVG

SauloCVG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amazing! Didn't know this thread! Wow!

20. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, whtdragon. Any chance I could get a slightly modified version of your stick? A pointy spear version of it would be great! =)