whtdragon's tilesets addons, fixes and more!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
new post of the year (- w -)7  Been busy so it's just a modist lil' update, but I think it'll be a nice one for a lot of people. These are all FULL tilesets, no editing required, just slide them right into your projects and you're good to go~!

Winter themed modern and classic outside tiles!  Decided the modern tiles needed some more love so I opted to turn them all winter-y first.  I haven't sat down to make winter themed dungeon tiles yet. I figured that stuff was going to be inside anyways so there probably wouldn't be a lot of opportunities to have snow in them BUT I will do it sometime.

modern winter tiles:

I winterized the classic tile completely, including putting snow on the desert tiles. I kept the default snow items and went ahead and made my version of the same tiles for a couple of reasons. 1. to make sure it'd match with what I've made and 2. for more variences. I will say that my version of the tiles I tried to look like they where either dusted lightly with snow or heavily frozen with icicles. I suppose I could make yet another version where everything's very heavily frozen and snowed over. I could see instances where some may want to use those kinds of tiles for an unnaturally occurring snow or ice, like magic. Perhaps a way to freeze any tiled items as part of a game mehcanic...?

Classic Winter tiles:

The other tileset is the graveyard/catacombs, and I already showed it off earlier, so if you follow me on twitter or keep an eye on my profile, there's nothing new here. I did debate on making a winter version of it though. I likely will still do that sometime after I made an inner tileset for the catacombs or graveyard. My worry was not having enough interesting tiles for a full inner set though, so I'll still be thinking on that a bit.

Graveyard/Catacombs:

I've been working out some new techniques, and playing around with some new ideas for new tilesets, so I have a few that are either half way or nearly completed but I'm not quuiiiteee ready to release them yet. I'm still not quite sure how to organize them out yet. One of which is a swamp tileset which was originally part of the graveyard, and I decided to split the two up so I could pair the catacombs up instead. I didn't put up the forest dungeon tiles because I'm frankly not happy with where I'm at on those yet. I want to make more assets for it.

Anyways yeah that's all for now! Enjoy u w u~!

Last edited by a moderator:

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@whtdragon, you are awesome! I love all your work and they're so useful too, including the other threads with sprites and joke weapons. Thanks for sharing!

Eraine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know where my project would be if it wasn't for your resources! I am considering putting in a painter and a tailor, and you post the workshops in the restaff. I want to make a church with catacombs, and here is this latest addition... Thank you SO much!!

NautilusGirl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG I'M SPEECHLESS!! I'm creating an alien-world game, and I searched for tiles like this one EVERYWHERE and I couldn't find it, I will make sure to give you the credits!! :D :D

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These tilesets are fantastic but I admit they're a bit too big to use imo ^^'

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
These tilesets are fantastic but I admit they're a bit too big to use imo ^^'
most of them are not proper tilesets. (as in you can't use them as they are) There's some that are, and they're labeled as such, but most of them are ment to be edited as the user sees fit for use o 3 o/)

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most of them are not proper tilesets. (as in you can't use them as they are) There's some that are, and they're labeled as such, but most of them are ment to be edited as the user sees fit for use o 3 o/)
I see, I see. Time to work then  :D

MobileSuitSonic

Mod Magnet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm digging this! You've earned another watcher!
Keep it coming!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
just a question, how about a inbody recolor titles?
there's some under the demon tiles. Unfortunately there aren't actually all that much actual recolors of the body tiles themselves, but I did add some new tiles, new pillar type things, body items and acid/blood waters. Everytime I attempted to recolor the floor or wall tiles themselves though, they ended up looking washed out or odd. I may try again- are there any colors in particular you might be interested? Maybe it'll give me something to try and focus on and try to do better with.

albert-youkai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
umm, okey... i just give you fews ideas
from the game "the binding of isaac" ideas
-womb\utero
-??? (blue womb)
-Scarred Womb
from the "the binding of isaac antibirth"(tboi mood)
-the corpse (well rotten look inbody sets in few)

also as recolors ideas (few are disturbing)
- dark yellow (alt inbody color i guess)
- purple (because demon inbody)
- orange and red (vulcanic inbody idea)
-green (forest inbody ... maybe)
-lighit blue (frosen in body)
-green-blue (underwater in body)

I might also suggest that you try to look at games like ghost and goblins and mario & luigi story inside bowser
also, a bones floors as autotile

ps: i have edit a bit your tiles for made a more complete sets, i can show you that in private?

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well. Damn, man. I've been away for a pretty long while and lo and behold, I come back again to try and get some game dev done, poke around the resource forum thinking "hey maybe theres some one or two cool new bits here and there" and ...BAM! SLAP ME WITH ALL THE GOODS. GEEZ MAN, good job. So much cool stuff. *puts it all in her bag to go* :kaojoy:

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
umm, okey... i just give you fews ideas
from the game "the binding of isaac" ideas
-womb\utero
-??? (blue womb)
-Scarred Womb
from the "the binding of isaac antibirth"(tboi mood)
-the corpse (well rotten look inbody sets in few)

also as recolors ideas (few are disturbing)
- dark yellow (alt inbody color i guess)
- purple (because demon inbody)
- orange and red (vulcanic inbody idea)
-green (forest inbody ... maybe)
-lighit blue (frosen in body)
-green-blue (underwater in body)

I might also suggest that you try to look at games like ghost and goblins and mario & luigi story inside bowser
also, a bones floors as autotile

ps: i have edit a bit your tiles for made a more complete sets, i can show you that in private?
Generally speaking, body stuff is probably one of the most complicated tiles if not THE most complicated. Don't expect much, but I'll see what I can do about it.

albert-youkai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Generally speaking, body stuff is probably one of the most complicated tiles if not THE most complicated. Don't expect much, but I'll see what I can do about it.
okey, i undestand... in any way have fun

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are fantastic man. You did a wonderful job here.
You wouldn't happen to have a zip file of these would you?

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for these, Whtdragon.

Would you happen to have them set up somewhere to grab all of them at once?

OwlySun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for editing :kaojoy: Winter tiles are useful!

NicoLican

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
the lava waterfall is not fixed yet? o_Obecause i used and they do not function properly
as the normal waterfall

PD: Does it bother you that you have edited your sprite in GIMP 2 to add it to my project? Of course the credit is all yours
I added it on the A2 to make this effect that I like very well.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still amazed and thankful at just how large this is. This offers so many options. Thank you so much for all of your contributions, both in this thread and others. :biggrin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
Procrastination at it's finest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmee