whtdragon's tilesets addons, fixes and more!

Nich21

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing! you´re...! No words for your work! you are a hero!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unbelievable, these are amazing, thank you for your hard work!

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This stuff is pretty cool! Might I request differently colored trees to match the differently colored grasses? Please? (The 2x2 trees, and the two kinds of 1x2 trees) EDIT: Disregard that, I just figured out that he already did trees.

Last edited:

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
If anyone ever resize the tiles for the lava cave , volcano for use within the maker as a tileset and care to share the edit, I would appreciate it

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@sushibyte I have never formatted tiles before, but I gave this a go. It's missing the lava waterfalls, and the big walls since I don't know how to add them, but I hope it helps a little. :kaoluv: If this type of edit is not allowed, I'll remove it immediately.

Attachments

Last edited:

Covadola

Without Talent
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I remember when I bought my first RPG Maker 95 and the resources were limited, but now I see good pixel artists and thanks to them and the internet we have access to see and appreciate their work..

Thanks @whtdragon

God Bless The Internet

sushibyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
@sushibyte I have never formatted tiles before, but I gave this a go. It's missing the lava waterfalls, and the big walls since I don't know how to add them, but I hope it helps a little. :kaoluv: If this type of edit is not allowed, I'll remove it immediately.
this is fantabulous Rhino! I hate asking for more work when you get free stuff like this, you help me alot, these tiles are just too good, thanks for replying to my request!

micro_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,these tilesets are nice.
Are they free to use for commercial project.I want to use these in XNA.

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,these tilesets are nice.
Are they free to use for commercial project.I want to use these in XNA.
Most of these tiles are edits from RPGMV's default tiles which means due to legalities with the RPG maker engine themselves, they can not be used outside of MV or without a MV license.

Rayzak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I was looking for forest litter autotiles, and your leaves look great! but... could you please help me convert them to XP format?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rayzak converting MV->XP means going from 48x48 to 32x32, a loss of more than half the pixels - that will reduce quality a lot.

Rayzak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Andar It's not that noticable if done correctly. ;) I would've done it myself, but I don't know how autotiles in vx+ work.

Sythian Bard

Self Proclaimed Beard Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaomad3:

:kaoswt:

I...just can't even.......right now.....

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got an update today o w o/ and quite a lot of different things here! A lot of it is stuff I've already showed off before on twitter, but I finally decided they should get officially released. I will say right now though, if you've been hurting for alien tiles, I think you'll be pleased that I did get to cover some of that.

The I think most useful ones that everyone will be pleased with is the recolors and extensions. This includes the stairs, leaves autotiles and ocean/beach water. I tried making them pretty massive and tried to make them work across multiple things. The stairs even has a "blank" to work off of if you need more types, but I did try to cover a wide range of my grass recolors. The water I tried hitting on various natural water colors, and some not so natural ones for alien worlds.

Body tiles are the next thing on the list. I know I said before that I wasn't going to work on them much anymore, but, albert-youkai offered some tile edits to make the job a bit easier for me so I tried working on them again. While working on them I did make some new more unique tiles for them, and I think I'm satisfied enough with the results. It includes some new accessories and doodads that can be used for alien worlds.

Modern tiles for walls and floors are next! I've showcased this completely on twitter, and really, I wanted to make even more, with more furnature to match but it'd been awhile and I figured I might as well put them up here. Not a lot to say about them, there's just a LOT. Some silly ones, some goth ones, more futuristic, holiday themed ones, some brightly colored tiles, some quite boring. There's a little bit of everything here.

The next tile is the half submerged cavern. I know for a fact that a LOT of people want this. I've seen the screenshots = 3 =; you guys want those water caves, and I'm going to try and help that out a bit with these. This is ment to be a limestone cavern, so the rocks here are white or a light grey color. There's three sets here, ones with no water at all, ones with mossy coverings on the rocks and ones half submerged in water. Now you can have puzzles in your caves where you have to figure out how to drain the water out o w o! I did plan on adding much more to this, but I feel like it's useful enough that it should be out sooner rather then later.

The final group of tiles is the treasure room tiles, part of a new expansion in the post for dungeons. This is -the- room you'd want for keeping the all important fancy items in, and I've made an expansion to it. The main treasure room file is a complete tileset. the expansion is not, so you'll need to do some work on it. Having said that: the treasure room itself is full of things you'd basically expect. Lots of different gold pieces all over the place, some gold items, lil' baggies of gold, even some interesting bright white crystals. A couple of new small statues and some large treasure chests will hopefully get some use.

The expansion has three parts to it. There's autotiles which includes submerged gold coins, some half submerged gold piles, a bunch of gold walls and floors, complete with some fancy looking furnature, and some gold caverns (because I like expanding those caverns out as much as possible) the interesting thing about the cavern tiles is there's a whole set of "gold veins" that I had been experimenting with and thought looked cool. you'll find I have made a version of my cavern tiles with gold streaks in them, with floor, and wall and even stairs included. these should work together with the default MV cave stuff, so mixing and matching them should be ideal.
completed set

expansion

Anyways that's all for now o w o/ sorry I don't post more often, but I like posting a lot at once because that's waay more exciting if you ask me and I've been- well playing breath of the wild /)- 3 -; and haven't sprited as much lately BUT WHATEVER

enjoy u w u/

evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Theses are great! Thank you!

Edit: Removed my question

Edit2: I'll ask my question again. Some of these tile sets have the water animation and ground combined. Can I still import and adjust when creating a new tileset? Or do I need to edit it in Photoshop? Are all of these sets made to fit into Mv? (Excluding the ones you mentioned were not)

I know how to import images and create a new tileset. But not sure if to place it under A2 or A3.

Last edited:

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Theses are great! Thank you!

Edit: Removed my question

Edit2: I'll ask my question again. Some of these tile sets have the water animation and ground combined. Can I still import and adjust when creating a new tileset? Or do I need to edit it in Photoshop? Are all of these sets made to fit into Mv? (Excluding the ones you mentioned were not)

I know how to import images and create a new tileset. But not sure if to place it under A2 or A3.
answers in order:
1. Animated water goes to A1 tiles, even the ones attached to the ground, but if you need help on any specific tiles you aren't sure on or still have questions, feel free to ask.

2. A good chunk of the tiles I posted -need- to be edited to work, but the ones that aren't I've mentioned saying that they are complete or nearly complete tilesets that do not require editing. just slip them into your folder and they'll work fine.

3. Pretty much all tiles and tilesets work in MV, as a good chunk of them where largely edits and recolors from MV itself.

4. A2 tiles are ment for floors or ground stuff. Rugs, grass, the autotile flowers I made for example would go under A2. A3 is ment for houses and buildings for outside. The program seems to read A3's tiles in a unique way, so it's ment for like house rooftops and house walls that sit with each other accordingly. A3 is actually more like A4, which is like a wall with a flat top, but the "roof" for it is different from A3's roofs--- it that makes any sense. The tiles are a bit messy and confusing to understand at first when starting out, but it's not so bad once you kind of start seeing things as divided sections of the tilesets.

evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was testing out the "inside body set" and the water part does not work at all. That or I am doing something wrong.

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was testing out the "inside body set" and the water part does not work at all. That or I am doing something wrong.
which water is causing the problems? I assume the puddles or lakes or whatever you'd call them because I did mention this as a problem awhile back: "The one major issue I have with this tileset is the water doesn't seem to animate too well. If someone REALLY wants me to change that, I will otherwise it's not really too big an issue."

it -does- animate, but I think the problem was the animation was too subtle to see
so let's try this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!
Done with another simple battleback :LZYcheeze:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newfox90