whtdragon's tilesets addons, fixes and more!

MushReen

Gacha Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ID, US
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your tilesets are awesome!:kaojoy:
Just what I need in my project. :cutesmile:

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok so i was searching for winterized stuff! So thanks for it ^^. HOWEVER, i needed the exact same tileset that the original for auto switch.
Outside_A1 - hiver.png Outside_A2 - hiver.png Outside_A3 - hiver.png Outside_B - hiver.png

So i didn't finished everything, but i am working on it ^^

Attachments

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok so i was searching for winterized stuff! So thanks for it ^^. HOWEVER, i needed the exact same tileset that the original for auto switch.
looks good o 3 o)-b that's exactly what I'd expect from people using the tiles~

anyways I am unsatisfied still with the amount of vines, so here's more vines /o m o/

I will not be happy until I have made a sufficient amount of vines \o m o/

MintAdnade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
One simply cannot have too many vines, nor too many flowers :ywink:

Alessio__O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@whtdragon I've used some of your tiles in a free game called "The End of Warren's House" you can find and download or try at www.nbgstudio.com/en/
This is for credit your amazing work! Thank you so much!

If you have the time to test the game and let me know what do you think and if it worth your tiles it would be amazing.
P.S.: Credits are also in game, If you want that I change the quote and/or write something else, just let me know.
Thanks again.
Alessio Corridori

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@whtdragon Hey :)

Awesome work you did there! :)
Unfortunately I can't use any of your work and I don't know why. When I save one of your images like the vines in your first post or three posts above my post here it's just an empty/broken file and I can't see or edit the picture. Do you know why? When I download other stuff there is no problem but with yours it isn't working :-/

Last edited:

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vanyar Have you tried to click right > Show Picture > then download???

Raven Burns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has someone rerranged the lava flow tiles into actual tilesets? I don't have that kind of time.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you don't have a few minutes to choose which of the tiles you actually want to use and paste them into the right format (and you need to do that, because it's more tiles than the normal A tiles can handle) you probably have the wrong hobby.

Nantas

- Game developer -
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All the stuff here looks wonderful, and will help me a lot making a good game !
I will make sure to send some screenshots when I use them, and I think you very much for everything you do for us !

Raven Burns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't have a few minutes to choose which of the tiles you actually want to use and paste them into the right format (and you need to do that, because it's more tiles than the normal A tiles can handle) you probably have the wrong hobby.
An unnecessary comment, incredibly rude and unprofessional.

I work very hard on one project that isn't just a "hobby".

I have tried doing this myself and I can never get it right without several hours of trying to do so, it's not exactly one of my strengths. I am talking about the 'animations' of the lava flow by the way, not the actual tilesets above.

I was debating whether or not to even answer this, but It really bothered me to some degree, mostly the attitude. So congratulations on that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raven Burns while @Avery 's post could have been worded better, it unfortunately contains more than a few grains of truth.

Everyone here on the forum helps in their free time for free, often instead of working on their own projects. Because of this, we can't simply make a game for some one else, the time we have to help others is limited. And we prefer to spent that time on problems that really block other people.

If your time description is not an exaggeration and you really spent hours trying to get the tiles right, then most likely you're using the wrong tools. Because with the correct setup, it takes less than a minute to transfer a tile between different tilesheets.
The key to that is the "snap to grid" functions in all better image programs.

After loading any tilesheet, you need to set the grid of the program to the tilesize - for example 48*48 Pixels for MV - and then activate the "snap to grid" option.
If you do that, every time you mark something to copy the selection tools will automatically follow the tile border. And if you do the same on the target tilesheet, that copied tile will also be automatically aligned correctly. That way it usually takes only second to copy tiles correctly.

Trying to copy tiles freehand is a tiring and almost impossible mess however, so don't ever do that...

The same procedures apply to animated tiles, just a bit more complex. You need to use a different grid and keep in mind that the three animated frames are displayed in order 1-2-3-2-1-2-3.
If you need more help with that, please ask how to best do that in a new topic, because it will take a bit more explanations.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Raven Burns If you need help with resources, the best place to ask is in Resource Requests. You can link back to the topic here, specifying which tiles you need help with.

I'm confused though, because the lava sheet in the spoilers seems to be an appropriately formatted A1 sheet. Perhaps you are referring to something else?

In addition, I don't think Avery meant to be rude and you have to realize how your initial statement might sound to some - "I don't have the time, but I expect others to spend their own time doing things for me." I'm not saying that's what you meant, but how it could have come across, as we do sometimes get people who have exactly that sort of attitude.

And really, learning to do something like properly format tiles is going to help you out with time so much in the long run - think of learning to do it as an investment. You won't have to spend time hunting things down in the right format or waiting for someone to fulfill a request.

I have a tutorial that shows how to do some of it in Gimp (it's for Ace but the ideas hold for MV). http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/Combining_Tiles_in_Gimp

If you have any other questions of concerns regarding this, please feel free to pm me.

edit: ninja'ed

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update with new recolors, and lighting! You guys know my style by now, so of course I'm going to have tons of recolors to dig through and check out~! If recolors aren't your thing, I've got some new tiles for various lighting types and whatnots so let's get right to it!

Castle recolor variants; these have been floating around in my files for sometime now. I've uploaded the castle rooftops on twitter before, but I wanted to add the extra benefit of having recolored castle tiles as well. This includes having a gold castle, a black, white and blue/aqua castle for those of you who wants underwater castles for whatever reason! Each type has a few different roof variants.

Roof Recolors: Two varients here, because I've had a lot of other recolors so far, so why not? I actually like these rooftypes more then the other ones, so why I haven't gotten around to recoloring them in the first place I dunno, but here we are~ Note that both has a stand alone tile just for window lights in case you want to do some recoloring or come up with an alternative way of lighting the tiles yourself.

The next in the updates is new lighting tiles. I noticed there hasn't been a lot of out door lighting tiles. This covers the castles and tents, the ladder tiles, and the demon windows. I've also included stand alone versions of the lighting itself so you can add them back into the recolor castles above if need be. I maay redo some of these later, a few I don't think looks right, but we'll see.
The other lighting tiles are just general purpose lights and glowing bits, they don't really work with any one particular thing, and likely won't get used a whole lot, but if you're looking to play around with something new or interesting, they might be right up your ally.

That'll be all for now o w o/) questions, comments, suggestions and other stuff is appreciated, and as always, enjoy~

albert-youkai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
great job fella with the lighit stuff
\[T]/
the roofs is good too , like gave more variety at the towns and villagges
take is as tip, snow + desert\vulcano autotiles mix

Lord Nanfoodle

Sage of the Order of the Onigiri
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the roof recolors, particularly the lime green and white varieties, but I have to be the first to say it... the lighting tiles with the ladders look like you're climbing down into pee-pee. :kaoswt:

Ghostspell

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing resources, thank you for sharing.

Animator111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Underwater tiles give an amazing feeling...:rock-left:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that
My new level features a Jellyfish character who cannot love, because he electrocutes everything he touches.
I prefer single roommates. After a hard day, all you want is sleep. I went to bed at 12. I was awakened at 2 because of my roommate laughing and whispering and stuff with her boyfriend on the phone. I didn't want to yell at her so I had to bear that cringy lovey dovey convo for half an hour, before I got so bored that I fell asleep again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojojovil