whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
First time poster long time user of RPG maker, Whtdragon here o3o/ I sometimes like to make edits when I get bored and decided I'd share a recent edit I did for RPG maker MV~ (also apologies in advance if I missed something in the rules that I was supposed to do when posting)

I'm a sucker for old school color schemes and SNES era sprites, so the colors tend to lean towards classic game color schemes. I also wanted to give some nice seasonal variances for summer and autumn, and even made a couple "snow dusted" tree types.

I don't really plan on expanding on these, or adding other sprites to match at the moment
, but maybe someone will find them useful or be inspired to add onto them. I totally did expand on them have fun~

Terms:
  • As these are edits of MV's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker MV, otherwise~~
  • Credit is appreciated, but not required.
  • They are free to use for commercial or non commercial.
  • You are free to edit, change, recolor, re-edit, remix, maim, mangle, add on, divide, and conquer to your heart's content. I don't even mind if you re-upload them elsewhere as it would only mean more people get access to them and that is A-OK in my books.
NGdIwWC.png

All color varients so far:

F0vGQvj.png

vLtyXxB.png

sSpkhcL.png
mzhgtUz.png
0ONlYv2.png
New large trees and semi-large trees!

8a1M54v.png

TVozIxc.png

Smaller sprouts, a few roots and trees WITH grow-able tree sprites in a variety of colors!

I46HGTx.png

EjHB9Re.png

MUSHROOM TREES
because why not

UeLtSqa.png

Modern trees recolor
it's been a long time coming for these

sAJK5q8.png

Different Trees types
these where drawn/downsized by me, just wanted to test a few methods of doing such, but they are a bit rough around the edges, probably even a bit too dark for the default MV set.

D9TuLRx.png

new massive trees:
The last edited default trees you'll ever need~ (no I am not stopping tree making, just being dramatic)

DjZOVjY.png

V8ApYfQ.png

90dYIlW.png
Edit: now with more color variations! also as requested by the good Doctor I've re-uploaded images to imgur.

Golden trees
Magic forest
Natural Autumn

Nov. 13th a few more color variations!
Greenery
Crazy Multicolor
Nov. 30th large trees~!
Large Trees
Dec. 4th Not-quite-as Large trees!
Semi-Large Trees
Dec.9th smaller sprouts, roots, trees and growable trees!
sprouts, roots and trees
growable trees
Dec. 15th Mushroom trees. yep.
Mushroom trees
March 5th- new drawn trees!
https://i.imgur.com/D9TuLRx.png
April 24th- new massive trees!
massive trees link
June 12th, 2017- modern tree recolors
https://i.imgur.com/sAJK5q8.png

wht'sMVtrees.png

wht'sMVgoldentrees.png

MVmagicforest.png

wht'sMVnaturaltrees.png

wht'sMVgreenery.png

wht'sMVcrazytrees.png

wht'sMVlargetreesedit.png

wht'sMVlargetreesedit2.png

Last edited:

Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I like the third column. Especially the third from the top - very interesting gradient (to be honest, I do not know how you did it :blink:

If You can make some others floral tiles like it - it will be a very beautiful fairy forest.

In the remaining columns the colours too wild for me  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sereth

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are beautiful! Thank you for the recolors! I can make some awesome rainbow fantasy forests!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks owo7~ I'm glad you guys like them! 

I like the third column. Especially the third from the top - very interesting gradient (to be honest, I do not know how you did it :blink:

If You can make some others floral tiles like it - it will be a very beautiful fairy forest.

In the remaining columns the colours too wild for me  :)
I will say that if you have photoshop, You kind of have to really play around with some of the more obscure color settings awhile. Gradient mapping, color balance, or even selective color are some things I'd suggest o3o~

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was planning on doing something similar but hadn't gotten around to it. Now there is no need!

Thanks for these!

Windies

Earth Bound
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Must Say , Nice Recolours

Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I will say that if you have photoshop, You kind of have to really play around with some of the more obscure color settings awhile. Gradient mapping, color balance, or even selective color are some things I'd suggest o3o~
Nope. I use a Paint.NET. but I think I figured out how you did it  :D

I just never thought about how to change the shade separately from the midtones and highlights. It turns out, there are very interesting variations!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nope. I use a Paint.NET. but I think I figured out how you did it  :D

I just never thought about how to change the shade separately from the midtones and highlights. It turns out, there are very interesting variations!
Yep o w o~! I had started messing with them when I was playing around with VXA sprites a little while back looking for some new variations and turns out you can get some pretty slick GBA/SNES game style shading relatively easy from them. I've also learned that with a little more careful playing, you can do isolated clothing or hair or whatever recolors without changing too much from the rest of the sprite. Definitely worth checking into more.

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
As I mentioned before, I love the trees. My only issue is that they are not aligned properly in your png (something I can fix myself, np), but also that they are different sizes from the rtp.

Other than that, nice work.

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
As I mentioned before, I love the trees. My only issue is that they are not aligned properly in your png (something I can fix myself, np), but also that they are different sizes from the rtp.

Other than that, nice work.
well the image itself isn't meant for tileset use (though I guess I did save them in tileset size format)  as for the size of the sprites themselves, I never messed with the sprite sizes themselves. My guess is that Photobucket probably resized the image since it has a limit on that kind of thing and it loves distorting images, which is why I included the attached thumbnail just in case something like that happened.

I really should find another image hosting site to use.

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
well the image itself isn't meant for tileset use (though I guess I did save them in tileset size format)  as for the size of the sprites themselves, I never messed with the sprite sizes themselves. My guess is that Photobucket probably resized the image since it has a limit on that kind of thing and it loves distorting images, which is why I included the attached thumbnail just in case something like that happened.

Use imgur.com. It is dead easy to use, and you don't even need an account (although making one is simple too). If you can upload the original non-resized to imgur and re-link it here, I'll split them up into proper sections for tileset use (if you don't mind).

Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Or You can use a DeviantArt!

I would recommend Google fotos, but there navigation is awful.

Besides on DeviantArt automatically appended your nickname in the picture name.

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Or You can use a DeviantArt!

I would recommend Google fotos, but there navigation is awful.

Besides on DeviantArt automatically appended your nickname in the picture name.
Naaah I don't like DeviantArt much-- I got imgur going no worries. Also images updated with some new color varients~

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful colors man. I prefer to do my own edits so my games get to be uniqe but it's hard to resist these! ...Dammit, I'll probably end up using them at least to some extent! :guffaw:

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Beautiful colors man. I prefer to do my own edits so my games get to be uniqe but it's hard to resist these! ...Dammit, I'll probably end up using them at least to some extent! :guffaw:
Haha That's okay I understand o w o; I like using my own edits too, but I guess I'm going to corner the market on tree recolors!

Updated the list with a couple of new edit sets~!

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...but I guess I'm going to corner the market on tree recolors!Updated the list with a couple of new edit sets~!
Stop torturing me! ;_; If you keep this up there soon won't be any colors left for anyone else...

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys, been feeling a bit sick but now am better and I was playing around with the trees some more last night and managed to make some okay large tree edits with them! Lemme know what you guys think o w o/

8a1M54v.png

Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
They are just wondeful! Most like green in second row. I don't know how you enlarge them, but it looks very neat.

UPD. I have guessed it - big work, really.

I love Your Crazy Multicolor

whtdragon said:
- they are looks like pearls!

Can I ask You to add all Your pictures IN topic post (maybe in spoiler if it takes a lot of space). I mean not links, I mean like Your first picture. Please   :)

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
They are just wondeful! Most like green in second row. I don't know how you enlarge them, but it looks very neat.

UPD. I have guessed it - big work, really.

I love Your Crazy Multicolor

- they are looks like pearls!

Can I ask You to add all Your pictures IN topic post (maybe in spoiler if it takes a lot of space). I mean not links, I mean like Your first picture. Please   :)
I'm still getting used to the forum format and not sure how to use spoiler yet  • ‿‿ •;;

but thanks! I'll try and fix it up in a little bit~! I liked how the Multicolors turned out too />w</

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!
Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg
Today was not a really productive day, but at least i got some bust sketches going <3
E7QXZHNXoAIkpG8
hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonderaway