whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@whtdragon I love love love the mushrooms!! Is there any way you could re-shape them to fit into a tileset format?

they should fit just fine in a tileset. The large mushroom is no bigger then a the default tree, and the tall curved ones are the size of the default palm tree.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
they should fit just fine in a tileset. The large mushroom is no bigger then a the default tree, and the tall curved ones are the size of the default palm tree.

The sizing is correct. They would fit inside the normal tile sizes, but they are a little.. off/outside the lines when I import into Tiles. They are for MV, correct?..

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
The sizing is correct. They would fit inside the normal tile sizes, but they are a little.. off/outside the lines when I import into Tiles. They are for MV, correct?..

yep they're for MV. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "off" unless you're just straight up saving the image/adding it into the game. They aren't ment as a tileset on their own. You will have to manually move them around into correct alignment or add them into a preexisting tileset.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yep they're for MV. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "off" unless you're just straight up saving the image/adding it into the game. They aren't ment as a tileset on their own. You will have to manually move them around into correct alignment or add them into a preexisting tileset.

Ah, yes. That is indeed what I meant. Haha. I was just adding them into my TileE spot as they were (as I have absolutely no affinity with imaging software). Thanks for clarifying!! :)

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Moar trees /+ A +/ Big ones too! The largest ones are AT LEAST twice the size of the original default, the smaller ones are either the same size or a little smaller then the default. I considered making a whole cannopy/wall set based off these, but it's proving to be a bit more difficult then I thought. There might also be some small minor color errors, but I feel like generally they'll be useful o w o/~ but the point is they match with the defaults and thus should mix into it just fine. What do you guys think?

DjZOVjY.png

V8ApYfQ.png

90dYIlW.png

enjoy~

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward.T

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
I love this one 'new massive trees ' so much!

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Edward.T
thanks o w o; been wanting to work out how to do that for awhile \o 3 o/ but now I have!

RockOfFire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This amazing!  It's exactly what I've been looking for except I'd like a black tree too.  :/  And some other colors.  XD  Could you tell me how you did this??!?! :D   Also, this is my 1st post! Made one just to comment on this, I'll have to check out what's around here now since I got an account.  XD

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RockOfFire well if you're asking how I recolored trees o 3 o; I just use pretty much every color adjustment thing that isn't the "hue/saturation" (as found in most image editing programs) and can yield much better colors through them.
For the massive tree's shapes though? Lots of careful copy/pasting and keeping mind where the shadows and lighting are supposed to be based on the default. It's a bit of a process but it's worth it~!

RockOfFire

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@whtdragon Ah ok!  Looks like I'll have to figure out how to do this using gimp then!  Thank you for the reply! :D  

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Mushroom trees, roots, swampy trees!

All so much fun!

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you think you could do some dead versions of these trees? I love the trees at the very bottom, but I want to have a game where the seasons change.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for adding more trees! Now diversity is easy. 

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice! I will definitely need these for a future game I am planning. 

Also a question: Any plan to make snow covered versions of these?

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be too much trouble to make recolors of these trees?
Tree.png

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the massive trees, thank you so much :kaocry: (tears of joy :guffaw:)

Would it be okay to request ginormous trees, like, double the current size? :rswt I tried to upscale your massive trees myself but they turned out very obviously poorly stretched.
treefail.png
I would really like to try making a tree top city with them :D Sorry if this request is too, er, large... You obviously don't have to do it if you don't want to/have time to, but me and the wood elves who will live in these trees would be very grateful :kaoblush:

whtdragon

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would really like to try making a tree top city with them :D Sorry if this request is too, er, large... You obviously don't have to do it if you don't want to/have time to, but me and the wood elves who will live in these trees would be very grateful :kaoblush:

I've actually been experimenting and trying to do that for awhile o 3 o; but I've been having a hard time getting them to look right. (though to be fair, I think the larger trees look a little off too but maybe that's just me) as for your stretched sprite, yeah I had the same problem too when I resized them originally too, so what I ended up doing was resizing them and then going over the whole sprite cleaning up the edges manually o 3 o; the leaves I'd go back over with the original sized leaves I'd take from earlier trees and simply reedit them, and redo it completely using the resized portions as a guide for shapes. that's actually how I made these:
8a1M54v.png

anyways I'll see what I can do sometime o 3 o)-b

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh I should have guessed things will never be as easy as stretch and shrink :kaocry:

But thank you for the tips and the new trees!! I tried to remake this tree ^^

tree.png
It's far from perfect, but hopefully it's a bit of an improvement (and I'll just hide all the mistakes with flowers or something:guffaw:) It's free for use by anyone who doesn't mind that it's a bit wonky. I'll keep practicing. :kaopride: Thanks again!

Reactions: Low

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsmason