whtdragon's underwater tiles for VX/VXA

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by whtdragon, Sep 10, 2016.

1. whtdragon

whtdragon Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ohsnap I'm posting resources for VX/VXA

So awhile ago, I had made a lil' post over in the MV side full of fixes, addons, edits, whatever to expand what was already available in MV. After my post I had several comments and PMs over the course of several months regarding the underwater tileset and it's use in VX/VXA. Of course before I had MV, I was making sprites in VXA (none of which have ever been uploaded anywhere) and since I do have VXA's sprites, I decided to simply build a new set for it using the assets I had made on my own for the MV version. This is a full tileset, and I hope you really like bright and vibrant corals and undersea life because that's what this one's all about~!

Terms:

• As these contain edits of VX/VXA's sprites, you will need a legal copy of RPG maker VX/VXA, otherwise~~

• Credit is appreciated, but not required.

• They are free to use for commercial or non commercial.

• You are free to use them in other RPG maker engines as long as you have VX/VXA license

• You are free to edit, change, recolor, re-edit, remix, maim, mangle, add on, divide, and conquer to your heart's content. I don't even mind if you re-upload them elsewhere as it would only mean more people get access to them and that is A-OK in my books

[​IMG]

Enjoy o w o/ feedback, suggestions and testings are appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Cunechan

Cunechan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It looks so pretty and colorful! Good job and thank you so much for sharing~

3. IbroAnw

IbroAnw Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi, I know I'm a bit late (more like 2 years lol), but I am completely new to this stuff. I have no idea how to import this tileset. I know how to get it into Resource Manager, and then create a new tileset for this, but I'm not sure where I should put it, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B, C... Could anyone help me out over here?

4. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    you'd stick these in the B,C,D,E categories.

A1's are for animated ground tiles and smaller wall animations like waterfalls. normally this would mean water/lava tiles, but if you happen to find animated grasses, it'd probably go there too.
    A2 is purely for base ground tiles. the bottomest bottom layer everything else sits on (apart from parallax backgrounds which goes under that.)
    A3 is for basic housing tiles typically for outside areas. they tile specifically for housing. This does not necessarily mean all house tiles go there, but it has unique properties of how tiles placed down. I'm personally not a fan of it, a lot of people aren't, and house tiles tend to end up on A4, A5, or B, C, D, E.
    A4 is for walls; particularly for making shapes with walls inside houses, dungeons. Good for making dungeon mazes or just regular ol' inside of houses.
    A5 is extra parts for A4. mostly more ground tiles, but can be used for extra walls and floor decorations. typically stairs end up going here.
    B,C,D and E: all decoration tiles. anything that isn't a floor or wall goes here. trees, rocks, windows, doors, barrels, ladders, pillars, magic circles you get the idea.

good luck!

5. IbroAnw

IbroAnw Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you so much! B.T.W. This is the first tileset I have successfully imported. I'm trying to make a game with a bunch of underwater gameplay. Any suggestions for free resources on that?

6. whtdragon

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

mm there's probably some folks around that have more ocean tiles. I made the underwater tiles in response to people asking about having VX/VXA versions of the MV ones I did awhile back, so I can only imagine there isn't very many out there.
    searching around I found this thread asking for similar things and there's a couple of resources, but I don't know how useful they'd be for ya unfortunately.
    Grandmadeb might have some stuff though as she tends to round up stuff from all over and puts them into nice, easy to find threads.

7. IbroAnw

IbroAnw Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh, thx a ton! Also just figured that there's a TON of resources online that cost money, so thanks for keeping yours free!