Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just have a quick question. Why is it required that a member have 30 posts before he/she can access the classifieds?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its because of issues a long time ago of people setting up shop, taking orders then vanishing. We were getting so many of them we had to regulate it down to more regular members to prevent the headaches this was causing both the moderation staff and the members, especially when they vanished with $$$.

As for being able to place orders, same issue, but in reverse. Many with low posts were placing big orders, then never returned to pick them up. Or they had unreasonable demands due to being too new at game making. Stuff like that.

Edit: This post here explains it better: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/a-change-to-the-classifieds-commercial-area.58071/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a pinned topic from shaz explaining the entire reasoning somewhere on the forum, but I can't point you there because I'm currently typing from an Android tablet, not my Computer.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its because of issues a long time ago of people setting up shop, taking orders then vanishing. We were getting so many of them we had to regulate it down to more regular members to prevent the headaches this was causing both the moderation staff and the members, especially when they vanished with $$$.

As for being able to place orders, same issue, but in reverse. Many with low posts were placing big orders, then never returned to pick them up. Or they had unreasonable demands due to being too new at game making. Stuff like that.

Edit: This post here explains it better: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/a-change-to-the-classifieds-commercial-area.58071/
Ok, thank you! I read that and it is very helpful :)
So I guess this thread can be closed now. :D

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Closed at OP request

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty much what @bgillisp has said. I take a quick check at posting history to try and cut down on the number of spammy accounts looking at this website as a cash grab and the number of accounts that could otherwise be potentially abusive. We'll never be able to promise that nothing will go awry, but I can get some obvious offenders weeded out. Many people who set up shop before had no interest in RPG Maker or the asset qualifications used in RPG Maker. We like to see that posters are actually involved in using the software and can provide resources for it, among other issues, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally redesigned one of the major antagonist of my game, Pro... aka Prometheus.
Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWanderer1990