Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Do you want a screenshot of ALL of my tilesets or just A? Also, the same error occurred with the script you sent me. 

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (32).png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ah, I want to see the tileset page that has the ladder on it - if you have a ladder on your tileset.

In the Conditional Branch script call, please change $game_map to $game_system.  Not sure why I put that there - I had it correct in the note I made.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz It said "Position is NOT SAVED". Here are the tilesets you wanted. The ladders are in the top right.Screenshot (34).png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How did you create that tileset?  Did you delete the one that was already in that position, and then fill in the slots fresh?  If you did, that is why nothing has a ladder flag.  In fact, nothing would have ANY flags - passage would all be O, damage and counter would also not be set on anything.  If you copied from an existing tileset or just changed the slots, you still need to go through the whole thing and make sure the settings are correct.  Looks like you just changed the name of the 'world' tileset and changed the slots.  This means all the tileset flags will still be set for the 'world' tileset and are incorrect.

I'm stumped on the problem.  You've at least confidently eliminated the possibilities of the ladder flag and the script being the cause, so now it's just a guessing game.  I don't think I can offer more help without seeing your project at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Should I start zipping up the file and sending it to you or do you suggest I try to fix the problem myself a bit longer?

As for the tileset, I just used "inside_B".

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
None of the pros who have participated in this conversation have been able to figure it out with the information you're providing.  We've looked at the most obvious possibilities and confirmed they are not causing the issue.  The next step is to start debugging by adding script calls all over the place to see what's going on behind the scenes.  Unless you feel comfortable doing that yourself, or you WANT to continue trying to figure it out, I'd say it's time to zip it up and send it over.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz I have almost zero experience with scripting and debugging so wouldn't even know where to start. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this so if there's anything I could do in return, I'm happy to do so. Give me a bit to send over the file.  

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no worries.  Just give me the dropbox link when you have it ready.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Before I send it over, I have some custom character spites that I made it "Game Character Hub" and some custom music from ITunes. Will this effect the game when I send it to you? If so, I can replace all the custom sprites with RPG Maker sprites and remove the music.  

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just zip it up as-is and send it through.  I have a licence to GCH and I'm going to delete the whole thing after the issue is resolved anyway.

Send the link to me via PM rather than posting it here.

Edit: You have modified your Game_CharacterBase script on line 61 to set the default direction to 8.  This is why these two are facing up, apparently ignoring what you've put in the event page.  But why did it affect these two events only, and not the others?

Characters have a direction and an original direction.  By default, they are both set to 2.  You changed the direction to 8 but left the original direction at 2 (line 74 of the same script).

When the game sets up an event page and makes it active, it compares the direction you set on the event to the original direction.  If they are the same, it does nothing.  If they are different, it changes the event's direction to what you've got on the page.  Let's go through your events and see what happens to each one.

The girl on the left in the red dress is facing right in the event (direction 6), and her original direction is 2.  These are different, so the page direction is used.

The two girls on the right are both facing left (direction 4), and their original directions are also 2.  These are different, so the page direction is used.

The two girls at the top are facing down (direction 2), and their original directions are also 2.  These are the same, so the page direction does not override.  The direction is left as the default value, which you've set to 8.

This issue would have happened to ALL events that were facing down in the event settings.

I am going out on a limb and suggesting that you made this change (set direction to 8 on line 61) because you want the player to start off facing up?  There are several ways to do this, and the method you've chosen affects ALL characters, not just the player.  The non-script way to do this is to simply have a parallel process event on the starting map that does a move route on the player to make them face up, then turns on a self switch, with a second page conditioned by that self switch that does nothing, and retains its Action Button trigger.  This should make the player change direction before the map fades in.  The other way is to put the @direction = 8 on Game_Player rather than Game_CharacterBase.  This would into the initialize method, somewhere after line 18.  The result is that when your PC is added to the map, the Game_CharacterBase init method makes them face down, but the Game_Player init method then makes them face up.  If you go with the parallel process event or the Game_Player direction change, you need to put that Game_CharacterBase direction back to 2.  This will fix them.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz I can't thank you enough for this. I never expected someone to reply so quickly so I didn't check back for a few days. When I checked back, I already got a few replies so I'm really thankful for all the time you put aside for my stupid little problem, and in such short notice too. You are an awesome person!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enkidu