Why did the registrar block the domain?

Stragot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I can not understand. I forgot to renew my domain in time and the registrar blocked this domain. I don’t see an option to restore and renew my domain. Can the registrar block it immediately?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
awww, I legit came here thinking the title was the start of a joke, so lets see if i can finish it in case anyone comes along with the same hopes and dreams:..

Why did the registrar block the domain: because you forgot to pay your bill LOL

:rtear:

But no seriously, your domain has an expiry date. if you dont renew it before then it will be terminated and become available for purchase again. You may be able to contact the provider and get it reinstated by them if you have already passed the final date before renewal..
1610985994358.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above, if you let a domain expire then you lose all rights to it.

if you're lucky, you can still get it by making a new contract for it.
unfortunately there are a number of domain grabbers that automatically check for expired domains and purchase them as soon as they can, in order to redirect the traffic to their own sites.
In a lot of cases they even offer to sell the domain back for an extra fee for them.

you'll have to check if your old domain is still expired or already purchased by someone else, and then you can try to get it back depending on its status.

in some cases you might be able to get it back by contacting the hosters support claiming that you accidentally forgot to pay on time.

Mavlico

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is your domain blocked for sure? As far as I know, there is a minimum 14 days when you can renew your domain for the same price as usual. But even if more time has passed, you can still restore the domain, but the price will be higher. At least at https://pananames.com/ registrar, this is exactly the case. Although I’ve heard some registrars block the possibility of domain renewals if you forgot to do it in time. I would not recommend using the services of such registrars.

Last edited:

Stragot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to restore the domain. This is very sad ((

Mavlico

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You are definitely out of luck with your choice of a domain registrar. I would not continue to use such services. Better to change your domain registrar to another one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jatopian wrote on war40k's profile.
What did you find for your plugin request?
Progress on my game for RSE is almost done! I should be able to release it next week.
Pfft! If other people would stop replying to threads, I could DOMINATE the Latest Posts box!
After so many hours of debugging, losing data to crashes, and slight adjustments.
BlackJack now deals cards perfectly! Time to adjust the background and implement the game logic so you can actually play it.BlackJack.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanjacksin