Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we can't give you links to GIMP tutorials, those you should search for in google or on gimp forums.

as for tutorials on the makers, the first place to check is the help menu inside the editor itself, that gives you basic tutorials on how to use the editor as well as the help files for detailed descriptions.

and if the only thing you want is resizing, then you don't need GIMP - that function is in every image program, including even Microsoft Paint (which is the very simple image program included in Windows).

For a wider array of tutorials (maker focused) I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Links to these tutorials? I have Gimp, but it's so complex...
Grab Krita instead, it is easier. Also, be more receptive to advice when you are literally asking for it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
On an unrelated note: You're using an old version of MZ. Any reason you haven't upgraded to the latest?

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, it was difficult enough to transfer from MV, with regards to projects, I assume it would be too hassling to upgrade to every little decimal. Even now without consciously updating anything nw.js is complaining for some reason...

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Oops ‐ I missed page two when I replied so what I have to say has already been said. You've been offered solid advice so go for it! :)

To understand RPG Maker MZ better, I recommend starting out with the built-in tutorials. They took a bit of time but helped me a lot as it covered all the basics.

You could search YouTube for how to use GIMP but I think you'd be spinning your wheels if you dove into that first. I say save yourself some time/headaches by familiarizing yourself with the engine first.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should update MZ, then update your project. It is easier to do this in MZ than it was in MV - there's a button in the menu that will update your project.

The image can be used as a parallax. The reason you can't walk is because you didn't then handle the passage settings. Look up some tutorials on parallax mapping. You still have to create a tileset with an X and O passage tile, then draw over your map with them to indicate where the player can and cannot go.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just putting this out here to help you in your future requests:
What difference does the editor make?
Because it's what you were asked for. It takes more effort for you to crop down to a specific part of a screenshot than it does to simply post the entire screen that's captured - why would you try to conceal something, or try to be the judge of what is important information when you obviously don't know the correct solution? As soon as you obliged and showed more of the screen, people were able to immediately see problems.
How does it not look square?
In the literal sense. Your white selection boxes are very clearly taller than they are wide - that is a rectangle, not a square. That should be an immediate clue that something wasn't working at all properly with the image you were trying to use as a tileset.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should be an immediate clue that something wasn't working at all properly with the image you were trying to use as a tileset.
That's not even an issue with the tileset. It's an issue with the editor. That selection box on the map should be 48x48 pixels, unless the screenshot had been resized and the aspect ratio not maintained. No screenshot straight from the editor should have a non-square selection box.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...Could you upload and share your current project, then?
Surely doing that would be easier for EVERYONE who owns MZ to help you out instead. Since it seems to me that you most likely didn't read, considering you almost had no responds to the middle-text questions in each post.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Surely doing that would be easier for EVERYONE who owns MZ to help you out instead
The issue has already been identified. The OP is attempting to use an image as a tileset, when it's meant to be used as a parallax background instead.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By the way, I think this is more intricate than the above... I used an image on A, which displays, but then the same image on B doesn't... so it seems it depends on which letter is used, not so much size...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
icemar