Why does this forum ban characters made with generators?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by section31, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. section31

section31 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Seems a bit specific and weird that this forum blocks any resources created by generators...The way I see it, the choice of usable content in the RPG Maker community is kind of meager compared to what it could be...Why do you specifically ban the use of generators?

2. section31

First Language:
    English
    It seems like no matter what I try to share on this community there's some sort of problem. Sometimes it feels like a community of copyright trolls but we've gotten away from the basics like actually making real content for people to use in their projects. Sometimes it seems like unless you drew everything pixel by pixel that it's some sort of moral sin to share. It's kind of strange don't you think?

Seems kind of unfair. 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  3. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    I hid your post.

Disagreeing with the rules is not a reason to break them. In addition, do not double post. Or triple post, for that matter.

The reason that they are not allowed is because anything you can do with a generator, I can do with a generator, or anyone else. It's not contributing - it's removing a potentially-useful middleman, so to speak.

4. section31

First Language:
    English
    I am just asking why that particular rule is in place...I was not aware of the rules when I posted but you treat me like some sort of criminal or something. It was quite a bit of effort to actually convert the original RPG maker XP parts to be useable in RPG Maker MV...grid size  and resolution. 

If the characters are useful content then they are contribution. Your reasoning is lame but no worries you will just have one less person in your community...See ya later.

5. section31

First Language:
    English
    So many people seriously have a big stick up their ass...You're saying that if I could make it in a generator, then you can...That's true about anything though...As far as I see it...my character set is the ONLY one on steam at all...Looks like nobody was doing it. Don't worry I wont post anything more here, but I just wanted to let you know that that particular rule is absolutely bogus and not based in logic. 

Example:
    If you can use photoshop, then I can use photoshop...therefore you're not contributing anything...Crazy logic. 

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any output by any generator can usually created by hitting the "random" button of the generator several hundred times until you like the result.

That is not the same level of effort as the hours people spent with image programs to place pixels into the correct position.

And we want to emphasize on those artists that spend those hours or days in photoshop to make a single unique character instead of those who just push the random button or even just spend a few minutes selecting pre-made parts of a generator.

taarna23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.