Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a 'chair' (although not as an image, just tile) with 'through' switched on as the only parameter of an 'event'... but I still can't go through it?

Last edited:

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please provide us with a screenshot of the event in question.

From your description it is impossible to determine what went wrong.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I replicated this exact event and I can move through just fine.
The next step would be to check where the event is placed. Is it placed on an impassable tile?
Check your tileset for an "X" on "Passage".

Side-note: You have the "Trigger" set to "Autorun" which could produce problems later on since the event contents would loop infinitely.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have it as an autorun. You should never be able to move at all actually. Just make it action button instead.

Also check the tile passiblity that it is on, as if that is set to x you can't go through it anyways.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I played with the trigger to see if it makes any difference, it doesn't seem to be passable anyway, and since it won't have proper events makes no difference...
The chair:
RPGMZ_616nWcXiAT.png
Seems to be on:
RPGMZ_2GpzIwTXBD.png
...which is passable...

Pammercakes

Spacedust
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As others said, check your passability. I believe if the chair is directly on the map it might the tile passability being "X" overwriting the event "through" command.

Or try to put the chair graphic as the image for the event and see if that works.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to verify easily where the tile is in the sets?

As it is no matter what image is used it's impassable.

GBJackson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Turn off through.
Set the image for the event to the chair.
Set priority to below characters.

Make sure that passage is set to O on the tile sheet the chair graphic is in in the tileset you are using for the map, otherwise the chair will be solid.

Last edited:

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to verify easily where the tile is in the sets or I can only search?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, let's start.

The option "through" means that this event will ignore passability and be ignored for passability.
However that is the EVENT, and NOT the position on the map.

The event has no image, which means the chair is the regular tile from the tileset. So the chair has absolutely nothing to do with the through option and will ALWAYS have the passability of the map tile you used for the chair - if that is impassable then setting an event with through on top of an impassable tile will change nothing, because it is not the event that is impassible.

To make the chair passable you have two options:
1) go into your tileset and change the passability of the chair tile - that will make all similar chairs on all maps using that tileset passable.
2) delete the chair from the map and go to the event image, scroll down to the tiles in the image list and select the chair there, making the event use the chair image. If you do this, the through option will count for the event that is now a chair and make only that chair, not everyone passable.

Is there a way to verify easily where the tile is in the sets or I can only search?
no - but you know which tileset you used for the map and should remember where you clicked when placing the chair.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Generally, I'd rather not make tiles permanently passable... but using images doesn't seem to make any passable either (tried with trees now, same thing)... not sure what I'm missing...

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Generally, I'd rather not make tiles permanently passable... but using images doesn't seem to make any passable either (tried with trees now, same thing)... not sure what I'm missing...
Then GBJackson's suggestion of setting the event to be below player is probably the way to go.

Misery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Doesn't below prevent interaction? And yeah, apparently I needed to overwrite the tiles with other tiles before putting the images with through... there aren't any buttons to just remove the tiles, is there?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you don't want to set passability via tile settings, you'll have to put the graphic from the tile into a character image and use that for the event sprite. Then your through setting will work as intended.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't below prevent interaction?
wrong
it changes the position of the interaction.

if the priority is same as, the player has to stand next to the event and facing it to trigger it
if the priority is below, the player has to stand on that event to trigger it, no matter which direction the actor stands.

if the priority is above, then it's out of the way and can't be triggered.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdfd