PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I manage to get this guy to make a plugin for me. He even made a demo, and it works there. So I copy and paste the JavaScript file from the JewlTest Plugin folder to the Project Atom's. This is where the problem is.While I don't have any errors pop up. Even when I had the Jewl option being in the Main Menu by Default, nothing shows up. Even when I copy-paste those DS files, even when I used a plugin command to make it show itself, It still doesn't. Like the engine doesn't even realize the plugin's there with status on. Can someone help me fix this problem?

Okay I got it to work!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that sounds as if you didn't configure the plugin correctly. you need to check the demo for any configuration required and then configure the same in your new project.

PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The weird thing is that I did and it still doesn't work.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a difference or it would work.
Either you forgot a configuration or made a mistake with it, or there is a different plugin interfering with that one - you can test that by trying to get the plugin to work in a new project without any other plugin.
However I doubt that it is a plugin compatibility problem, it sounds too much like a configuration problem.

And for that you'll have to compare everything between the demo and your testproject to find the difference.

PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope! Doesn't work there either

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PsychoJack Importing your plugin into a test project, with default parameters, and then opening the project gives me the following error message in the console window:
Code:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token P in JSON at position 0
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at JewelSystem.js:292
Indicating a problem on line 292 of the plugin, which prevented it from loading - hence the reason you can't see it in the menu - it's not loaded.

Looking a bit further into it, I see that one of the parameters is a struct, and it's blank by default, causing that error. By randomly adding things into it, I can get the error message to change, but the plugin still doesn't load:

Code:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at parseTypes (JewelSystem.js:65)
    at SystemManager_loadJewelConfig (JewelSystem.js:74)
    at JewelSystem.js:285
This error appears to come up when the 'icon' parameter is left blank instead of selecting an icon.

If I seemingly fill out plugin parameters until every empty box has a value, the plugin returns to showing the first error message again, which either indicates something I missed, or an issue with the plugin itself.

With that being said, this is something you should have been doing for the first post in this topic. I don't know what this plugin is supposed to do, how it works, or what it's for. I don't know what any of these parameters I'm filling out at random mean, because this was a custom plugin made for you? If the plugin works in the demo, and it doesn't work in your own project, the issue is a configuration problem on your end. You will need to contact the developer of the plugin and advise that the product you (presumably) paid for doesn't work for you, and that you require assistance setting it up in your project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CyberRPG