Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
I have a map and my character can't move there's no other events it doesn't work on any map I don't why. Help please?

I don't know where to post this so the administrators can put it in the right place.

Not working.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One question:

can the player turn but not move (if you press left, he turns left and if you press right he turns right but never moves in that direction) or does the player not react to any movement key in any way?

In the case of VX Ace, turning but not moving is an error with the passability of the tileset, while not reacting at all hints to a defective autorun event somewhere on that map.

It might be that in the case of VX there are other options, but I think it might help if you check those to cases for possible bugs.

And FYI:

This is the wrong forum, you should have posted in the support forum - this area is for requesting artwork or music or so.

You can expect this topic to be moved when this area's admin or mod sees this, I have no special access here...

Omnimental

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Assuming there's no scripts or other events that could impede movement... offhand, are those floor tiles set to the correct passability (under the actor)?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

See if you have a common event that's set to autorun and the switch is on. That will stop your character moving. Exit Event Processing and Erase Event commands don't work for common events.

Check the top left tile in your B tab on the tileset(s). The passability should be set to a star.

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
Shaz, it's XP not vx ace. Now I can only walk on some of the map the other maps are fine though it's strange.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You haven't used just any old 'blank' tile to erase unwanted tiles, have you? Just because there's no sprite on it, doesn't mean it's passable.

Do you have any autorun common events that are turned on? Erase Event and Exit Event Processing do NOT stop common events on parallel process or autorun from repeating.

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
Before I had an old snow in map and I didn't want it anymore so I just changed the snow to desert and that happened. I remade my map on a new map and now I can move wherever thanks everyone!

You can close the topic because it's solved now.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9animeplus