Why don't you sell your game? How can I change your mind?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But again, you're not sending out to thousands. And you don't have to send them all out at the same time. I haven't used Kickstarter, and it looks like I can't as I'm not in the US. But I'd be surprised if they didn't give you some way to contact your contributors in bulk, and I'd be surprised if they gave you all the individual email addresses and made you do it. Maybe they do. Maybe you DO have to contact them all individually. But again, these guys are funding your development - aren't they worth it?

TheCastle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah I see your point about about them being worth it. Yes that is the case. But time spent contacting all of those people is time not spent working on the game ect...I mean sure its no big deal if you get a couple hundred backers.

Ill do a some more research to see if Kickstarter has a way to mass contact all of your backers. If it does that would take a heck of a lot of load off the developer. From what I have been told though there are a lot of details like this to look out for.. the potential to be responsible to individually email more than a thousand people is just one example lol... @_@ Would be a funny problem to have to solve though wouldn't it?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But you don't have to contact them until your game is complete and released. So spending time contacting them is NOT time taken away from development - by then you've switched to a support role. And I believe you can post updates just to keep them in the loop about your progress, so you don't even have to contact them individually, or directly, between the time your project is funded and the time your game is released. Unless Kickstarter has some rule that says you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCastle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm Ive only worked on one project where it was not being worked on all the way until the absolute bitter death end... Well maybe 2 projects... Whats this when the game is done thing? XD

This could be a good experience for me LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperYao