Why has the new Fire Emblem been able to get the attention of non Fire Emblem fans?

CmdrShep456

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have heard so many people who have never expressed interest in a Fire Emblem game before suddenly pick up Three Houses and dump heaps of praise on it.

Why is Three Houses the most accessible FE game?

Is it the characters? The story? The combination of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones? The social sim elements?

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Besides the Casual mode (no permadeath), Three Houses also has a feature that allows you to rewind time during battle so you can undo mistakes made. This does a lot to make the game more accessible to newer players, since the infamous difficulty and permadeath of the older games are known to have scared off prospect players in the past.

That, and Nintendo is actually advertising the game, something they simply didn't do before Awakening saved the series.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nintendo is actually advertising the game
Thats a large part of it for sure. Also having nearly all characters voiced and the fact that some of the deeper mechanics can be chosen to be ignored helps a lot too, imo.

Personally for me what makes this title one of the best is the character depth, overall pacing of the game and the fact that even the smallest thing you do/choose has a noticable tie into every other aspect of the game in some form or another.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Besides the Casual mode (no permadeath), Three Houses also has a feature that allows you to rewind time during battle so you can undo mistakes made. This does a lot to make the game more accessible to newer players, since the infamous difficulty and permadeath of the older games are known to have scared off prospect players in the past.
Thats a large part of it for sure. Also having nearly all characters voiced and the fact that some of the deeper mechanics can be chosen to be ignored helps a lot too, imo.
You could say all of this and more about Echoes though.

Biggest draw to the game is that it's a Switch exclusive. Like Awakening, it's a new platform and along with that a potential new audience. Also, I'm sure a certain popular mobile game helped out quite a bit too.

Last edited:

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I have no idea. From what I can tell, the characters are still Bland and uninspired, the story is still generic and uninspired, and the gameplay doesn't even look that good. I have never been interested in these games, and this game has done nothing that change my mind.

NovaMaster90

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, as a longtime FE fan, I can honestly say this is my favorite game in the series (second most being radiant dawn). It brought alot of appeal and hype to it, and with all the great reviews its getting, shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedefflord