why i can't open the application after last update?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by dyaskur, Aug 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dyaskur

dyaskur Villager Member

First Language:
    Java
    I have RPGMV bought via steam,  after last update (16/08/2016) my RPGMV is cant opened. always need to update but when i click update and downloading update after download reach full size stuck, a long time later stopped and said update queued. and that’s always happened till now. how to fix it?

and how to open multi windows application? because i cant open without steam and steam only alowed open 1 window.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Most probably your download got damaged and now steam is out of sync. Delete all local files (first from steam itself, then by checking the app folder for remaining files), then reinstall it completely. Make sure to backup any generator changes before you delete everything.

Alternatively, your antivirus might have decided that the update was a virus changing the program - in that case, you need to check your antivirus settings.

As for the other question: in Ace you had to start the editor once by steam, and after it was launched you could right-click its taskbar-button to open another instance. You should check if that still works with MV.

3. dyaskur

dyaskur Villager Member

First Language:
    Java

i deleted local contents still have same error . when downloaded full size 1,7GB  always need to update. 

btw i use mac os, no anti virus and no task bar.

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 18.38.09.png