Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And from this I want to draw my conclusion...
The RPG Maker community lacks leaders, who actually make and finish good games using RPG Maker. (Specifically, solo.)
There are, in fact, quite a number of people who make and finish good games using RPG Maker and do so solo. The question is - why do you assume that they should also be community leaders? Perhaps they are able to finish good games precisely because they limit the time they spend on forums? Perhaps they simply have no wish/ambition/inclination to be a 'leader'. And so on, and so on.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow that's one heck of a wall of text. Personally, my preference is to use scripts to accomplish what I want VS eventing it. This is because I rely on an active style battle system for my game and plugins are just easier to organize for me.

Events though,they go through an interpreter and are checked through several times in the project's core files. This means that they are naturally slower at accomplishing certain functions. This doesn't mean bad though because usually you don't need all that much speed if you know what you're doing and you can creatively event up a system like fishing or mining with cool mini-games associated.

Heck, saw someone do a dance by input system once via events.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosted